Robbie Farah says he wants Mick Potter to remain at tigers

LARDS

Robbie Farah says he wants besieged NRL coach Mick Potter to remain at Wests Tigers
>
Robbie Farah
mX
August 09, 2013 1:57PM
\
\
\
\
I hope Mick Potter is my coach next season.
>
He has my support and he must have the support of the playing group because no one has said anything to me.
>
Since joining us at the end of the 2012 season, Mick's had a difficult assignment from the start.
>
Our injuries haven't made it easy for anyone here but we're not using that as an excuse.
>
It's hard to judge him on this year. Coming over from England, it's been really tough for him.
>
It's hard to make the changes you want to at a football club while dealing with the challenges he has had to.
>
I know the job has been difficult for him but he deserves to get the chance next year to prove he should be here longer.
Mick Potter
>
Mick Potter with star player and Wests Tigers captain Robbie Farah. Picture: Gregg Porteous. Source: Daily Telegraph.
>
Unfortunately football is a business and it doesn't always end up that way. It's all about success.
>
That's rugby league. That's professional sport.
>
We, the players, all need to take ownership of that too.
>
He's under pressure because we haven't performed as a team. We haven't been winning footy games.
>
Mick is our coach, but he doesn't go out on the field or make the tackles or make the mistakes we've been making.
>
We need to win footy games to take the pressure off him.
>
I have a really good relationship with Mick. I was in his office yesterday just making sure he's alright because I know it's been a pretty stressful week for him.
>
It's been a really difficult week for him and everyone at the club.
>
It's particularly hard to see great people like Steve Georgallis and Royce Simmons move on.
>
Roycey has been my coach right from when I started out and apart from Tim Sheens has had the most influence on my career as a player.
>
He's a person I speak to a lot. Confide in a lot.
>
During Origin a couple of months ago, Roycey gave me a call and wanted to catch up for a coffee and he said he wanted to tell me before it got out that he'd decided to move on from the club and that he had a job at Penrith.
>
I respected that, as disappointed as I am that he's not going to be at the club.
>
I love the guy as a mate. I just want him to do the best for himself.
>
It's the same for Georgey. I've known for a while he wanted to move and was looking for jobs elsewhere, to the point where he has me as a reference for him.
>
He'll be a damn good coach. And I still think Mick can prove he is one too.

Thats the best thing I have read on the subject since all this broke. The board and Mayer should take note, no spin and bull,be up front tell and tell the truth.

Isnt it great to see the club captain put his hand up and support the coach,I wounder if he would do the same for our pitiful board????

My faith in Robbie restored, but it also means the Board is more stupid that I could have ever imagined. At least they could have had the excuse of the power of suggestion. But no, lose a few matches and blame the coach. Morons.

:laughing:

that's a goodbye letter.

didn't highlight one strength potter has.did highlight ,tough,difficult,stressful and pressure

it's not you it's me.

"I hope Mick Potter is my coach next season."

So do we Robbie. So do we.

That's all I needed to hear. Albeit it very late. I'm glad he's finally said it.

The opening line….straight to the point.
An image something like a hostage reading a prepared statement at gunpoint entered my mind....maybe Im reading too much into it, not reading BTLs, not paying attention to the body lingo at pressers....so much talk, so little truth...whaddya believe?

@bonstonker said:
:laughing:

that's a goodbye letter.

didn't highlight one strength potter has.did highlight ,tough,difficult,stressful and pressure

it's not you it's me.

He may as well have said "Hello Neil Henry - I hope you know what the players want from a coach?"

i don't think potter willl be coaching unless we win several more games…..

very annoying. doubt we'll get someone as good to take over next year except MAYBE payten. But who knows how good he is at nrl level.

Its a good start Robbie…albeit a little belated...& dont stop there by any means!
As captain make it very transparent to your fellow players ,& clearly demonstrate your leadership by supporting Potter both on and off the field while the situation is still salvagable(but only just).
As for the Board,the blazers & the weatherman need to take a good hard look at themselves & their utterly disgraceful behaviour towards the only "official" within the club that can genuinely make a difference going forward...that wld be potter
As a long term(50yr)supporter of Balmain & now WT,and a Board member of other organisations,Im totally disgusted by the events of recent days
Wish I cld say it more candidly!!

@clontarfkid said:
Its a good start Robbie…albeit a little belated...& dont stop there by any means!
As captain make it very transparent to your fellow players ,& clearly demonstrate your leadership by supporting Potter both on and off the field while the situation is still salvagable(but only just).
As for the Board,the blazers & the weatherman need to take a good hard look at themselves & their utterly disgraceful behaviour towards the only "official" within the club that can genuinely make a difference going forward...that wld be potter
As a long term(50yr)supporter of Balmain & now WT,and a Board member of other organisations,Im totally disgusted by the events of recent days
Wish I cld say it more candidly!!

Well said! I was seriously considering a significant business sponsorship of the club in 2014 based on the appointment of Potter/Mayer and the good exit and recruitment decisions they made. Now, my advisors say it is far too risky as I'd risk some serious brand damage and be the joke of the legal community.

Latest posts

Back