Questions you've always wanted answers to ...WT/s

@Cairnstigers said in [Questions you've always wanted answers to \.\.\.WT/s](/post/1126599) said:
I want to know how long everyone on this forum has followed the Wests Tigers / Balmain or Western Suburbs
For me it's 46/47 years

Since 88. 8yrs old first game I ever watched was gf. Didn't really understand the loss tbh

@TheDaBoss said in [Questions you've always wanted answers to \.\.\.WT/s](/post/1126605) said:
Prior to the "Westtigersforum" website being created by kul, what did the forumers use before then?

what was the mood like in 2010 when we lost in that semi, on the forum?

mood in 2010 from what I remember was a feeling of pride. obviously pretty shattered that we lost, but I remember a thread Chris made saying that we could hold our heads high and be proud of the boys and look back and say that the refs effectively killed us in that game when Smith kneed Lote in the ribs and didn't blow a penalty.

still makes me sad, I remember Benji with the tee out ready to hit it, he'd had a kicking session with Graham Arnold during the week and everything.

@Red88_Tiger said in [Questions you've always wanted answers to \.\.\.WT/s](/post/1126665) said:
@Cairnstigers said in [Questions you've always wanted answers to \.\.\.WT/s](/post/1126599) said:
I want to know how long everyone on this forum has followed the Wests Tigers / Balmain or Western Suburbs
For me it's 46/47 years

Since 88. 8yrs old first game I ever watched was gf. Didn't really understand the loss tbh

I was 20 that Final
That game is one of the reasons I hated Terry Lamb and the Bulldogs
Taking out our best player Ellery Hanley
One of my friends in Sydney when I lived there, had a sister who use to date one of the Mortimers in the late 70s. That's about as close as I got to liking them.

@Kazoo-Kid said in [Questions you've always wanted answers to \.\.\.WT/s](/post/1126623) said:
Why did I ever say "GO MOSES!" after he made a break? (I cringe thinking about it now)

Because deep down you wanted him to go

To another club

Started following West’s in 1962... first game I saw was against Manly at Prattern Park

@Shoes said in [Questions you've always wanted answers to \.\.\.WT/s](/post/1126704) said:
Started following West’s in 1962... first game I saw was against Manly at Prattern Park

Good one @Shoes. My grandmother took me to a game in 1962. I was 12 but I didn’t become a real supporter till 1966.

@Shoes said in [Questions you've always wanted answers to \.\.\.WT/s](/post/1126704) said:

You @Shoes and @oldprop beat me by 1 year, as I started following the Wests Magpies in 1963.

@jrtiger said in [Questions you've always wanted answers to \.\.\.WT/s](/post/1126671) said:
@TheDaBoss said in [Questions you've always wanted answers to \.\.\.WT/s](/post/1126605) said:
Prior to the "Westtigersforum" website being created by kul, what did the forumers use before then?

what was the mood like in 2010 when we lost in that semi, on the forum?

mood in 2010 from what I remember was a feeling of pride. obviously pretty shattered that we lost, but I remember a thread Chris made saying that we could hold our heads high and be proud of the boys and look back and say that the refs effectively killed us in that game when Smith kneed Lote in the ribs and didn't blow a penalty.

still makes me sad, I remember Benji with the tee out ready to hit it, he'd had a kicking session with Graham Arnold during the week and everything.

It was all generally less toxic back then. Not that there weren't arguments, but the "social issues" weren't debated as much (or I didn't notice) and at that stage we'd made the finals twice in 11 seasons, plus the premiership, so not quite as negative as it can be now.

You can reasonably think back, we'd won the comp 2005, a few lean years then 2009 we were right in the mix again, just lost too many games early in the season but clearly a finals-calibre team. Then 2010 we make the finals and frankly whoever won that St George semi was going to win the comp, same as 2005, you could just tell. Every reason to believe we'd make the finals again in 2011, which obviously we did, Gareth and Benji were in their prime, Tuqiri had joined, Lawrence was still a class centre, Dwyer was on the up - every reason to feel good about where the side was heading.

It was the old invisionfree board; there was one more before that I think when I joined around 2004.

Back