Quade Cooper?

Vicious

Love him or hate him, Quade Cooper is one of the most talented athletes in the southern hemisphere.
Play him fullback and he`d have the same impact on games as the likes of Slater, GI & Ben Barba.
I don`t know about others, but I`m not concerned about past reputations, I just want a talented team to follow and I`m sure Benji would appreciate someone with Quade`s talent to ease the pressure off him having to create just about every try we score.

How would we afford him? He would be on a great contract with the ARU
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

can't tackle, can't kick under pressure, and passing game under pressure is terrible ….......... I think we already have one of these players, two might be a little too much even for sheens .........

The only way I could cop this player coming to our club is if he was prepared to do the hard yards in the lower grades and not have a whinge when he hasn't been selected by half way of the season and also be on base $$$!.

Unfortunately we do not have anyone better than him or even close to his class in the backline other than Benji.
Tedesco is a good young talent, but it wouldn`t hurt him to start his first grade career on the wing similar to a young Anthony Minichiello.

Two words The first word is banned on this site and the second is no! If you want reasons, watch him play, then honestly ask yourself if he would be up to the pressure of nrl each week

We already have one Benji, and I'd prefer Tedesco at fullback over Cooper.

Benji and Quade are the same player, they are both flat track bullies who have a kit bag full of flick passes and steps and not much else. Niether can step up in a big game, neither can tackle or kick. When the chips are down, they both resort to hail mary plays.

Imagine them both in the same side….chaos.

@willow said:
We already have one Benji, and I'd prefer Tedesco at fullback over Cooper.

Spot on. Quade has the same issues as Benji. A huge amount of talent, but makes silly mistakes and can rarely close down games when needed. A cool head is needed.
\
\

Benji makes mistakes because he has no one else in the side besides Farah that can create a line break or a try scoring opportunity.
Mark my words, we will not improve on this season without a fullback who can make plenty of line breaks & score plenty of tries.

@stryker said:
Someone (Tedesco?) will pop up for us at 1\. Halfback is more pressing.

It wouldn`t matter if we had Jonathan Thurston at halfback, the playmakers can only do so much if you don`t have ball runners with the abity to beat their opposing defender one on one.
I don`t keep track of stats, but I`m positive our ball runners meaning our edge forwards (second rowers), centres & fullback make less tackle breaks & line breaks than any other side in the competition.

Thats right and is the reason I have been so harsh on our centers and backrowers this year.

Occasionally Rowdy Blair and BMM ran onto playmaker balls at place but they were few and far between.

We do need that half though…someone to draw the attention off Marshal sometimes so he can run/create. At the moment he gets the ball and is fully covered so he panicks and either throws an impossible pass or puts in a kick that no one is expecting.

@stryker said:
Thats right and is the reason I have been so harsh on our centers and backrowers this year.

Occasionally Rowdy Blair and BMM ran onto playmaker balls at place but they were few and far between.

We do need that half though…someone to draw the attention off Marshal sometimes so he can run/create. At the moment he gets the ball and is fully covered so he panicks and either throws an impossible pass or puts in a kick that no one is expecting.

I personally would not have signed Braith Anasta, but I think he can do a job for us in that regard as he likes to take control and if that frees up Benji it can only be a good thing for us providing we put blokes who will run onto the ball with purpose in the back row, centres & fullback.
As we are probably next to no chance of signing someone like Quade Cooper even if we did want him, we need to find a fullback who can make line breaks, score plenty of tries and not be scared of the ball. I honestly don`t think Tedesco will be the answer straight away.
I can`t help but keep thinking that Reece Robinson was playing Queensland Cup for most of `2010 & `2011 as nobody wanted him, therefore there is others out there who could have the same impact as he has in first grade given the chance. Michael Lett is one that springs to mind, a try scoring freak in the State Cup, but hasn`t been given a go in first grade & I`m sure there are others about as well.

@WestsSupporter said:
As a Tigers fan, its hard enough having one Benji on the field.

I`d love 2 Benji`s in the side and I`m sure opposing teams would have nightmares about containing them.

We don't need 2 Benji's. We need a Roberts or someone to control the game and balance out Benji's spontaneity with their calm and cool.
\
\

No thanks useless , Union is boring to even tempt to watch him . Grabs the ball and kicks it out on a full (very talented). :bash

Staff online

Members online

Back