Potential Targets

Vicious

Just throwing up a few more names who could be potential targets to sign and enhance our squad for 2012 and beyond:

Josh Morris - he`s just been dropped to State Cup, this is the perfect time to negotiate with a quality player such as Josh Morris and tempt him in to asking for a release from the Bulldogs. No one can possibly tell me he would not be a great addition to our side, he has plenty of pace, good size & strength and certainly knows his way to the try line.

Josh Cordoba - he could be a low cost signing to boost our stocks in the front row, was the Sharks best against the Dragons last night and I`m nearly certain he`s off contract?

I just dont rate Morris ay…......i dont know why but id pass on him. We nearly signed Cordoba a few years ago when he was going ordinary, ive been surprised how well he's played this year. I dont think we are looking at him though.

Id say Ryan and Ryles are forward targets and Vidot a target for the backs. Cross i think wont work out unless he;s willing to take a huge paycut. Just my thoughts

King sirro you could of hit it on the head, Ryan, Ryles, & Vidot. I must admit though i dont like Ryles as a player but the more i look @ this the more it makes sence.

Daniel Vidot is a good young player and has been played out of position in his time in first grade so far, he is a fearless ball runner with good size and speed, perfect for the centres rather than where he has been played on the wing, BUT there he is nowhere near in the same class as Josh Morris. If there was an option between the two, you`d have to be crazy to choose Vidot over Josh Morris, Benji would think all his Xmas`s had come at once if he had the luxury of Josh Morris along with Chris Lawrence playing outside of him.

Also why would we want Jason Ryles? He has been pedestrian this season and seems to be slowing down rapidly, would much prefer some younger hungrier props, someone like Mitch Allgood from the Eels would also be a great signing.

If we do get rid of Heighington & Fulton, Aidan Guerra would be a great replacement.

Jharah Yow Yeh is a perfect fit for the Right Wing spot.

Michael Robertson is better than Ryan and Brown as a good backup and can play fullback.

Tariq Sims
Wes Naiqama
Ben Lowe
Russell Packer
Richard Fa'aso
Not all just one or two

some of these are ambitious.

Josh Morris would be pricey….. and not worth it IMO
Bromwich- Amazing talent, cartwheels if we got him, unlikely to be let go, will prob have a decent price tag
Packer- See Bromwich
Tariq-See Packer
Yow Yeh- Why not go all the way, id prefer slater....roughly the same chance basically zero
Mitch Allgood- very good prospect, but i think we have players in his spot, talented but developing

Leroy i know you are joking, but I love Menzies so much, Id love to see him play for the tigers!! Even past his best he'd go alright

Sorry Vicious, Josh Morris is merely an average club player, there is no way he is a quality player. Very overrated, much like his brother - neither are rep quality players.

Josh seems like the kind of player who looks good when things are going his way, but when the backs are against the wall he goes missing. Does not get involved enough, and IMO it's a bit of a myth that he's some sort of great defender.

I suspect that if they weren't identical twins that neither of the Morris brothers would be talked up as much as they are.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Greg Bird? He is linked to Newcastle next year, so he is free.

Or do you think the no DH policy might get in his way :slight_smile:

I am fairly confident that Bromwich and Allgood just resigned with their prospective clubs.

No-one on this list so far excites me too much. Must be better cattle around…

@hybrid_tiger said:
Sorry Vicious, Josh Morris is merely an average club player, there is no way he is a quality player. Very overrated, much like his brother - neither are rep quality players.

Josh seems like the kind of player who looks good when things are going his way, but when the backs are against the wall he goes missing. Does not get involved enough, and IMO it's a bit of a myth that he's some sort of great defender.

I suspect that if they weren't identical twins that neither of the Morris brothers would be talked up as much as they are.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Hit the nail on the head. We have a few players already who perform well when the team is on a roll, but unwilling or unable to step up when the balls are put to the bandsaw, we don't need another.

I wouldn't be moving Lawrence or Ayshford to accommodate him either.

@Andyvee said:
Greg Bird? He is linked to Newcastle next year, so he is free.

**Or do you think the no DH policy might get in his way** :slight_smile:

Certainly hope so! Can't stand this guy!
\
\
Nice avatar, Andyvee.

Vidot - just read that he is 6ft 3 and 103kg…. big boy. He averages over 120m per game and last week they got flogged he still ran for 200m :slight_smile:
He has scored 4 tires from 8 games: 24 tackle bust 7 off loads:
I honestly have not seen much of him but stats look good (although a few errors)

@Roysta59 said:
Vidot - just read that he is 6ft 3 and 103kg…. big boy. He averages over 120m per game and last week they got flogged he still ran for 200m :slight_smile:
He has scored 4 tires from 8 games: 24 tackle bust 7 off loads:
I honestly have not seen much of him but stats look good (although a few errors)

Prior to him being dropped to Qld Cup, there were a few headlines up here which had him and Yow Yeh in a race for the Queensland wing spot…

Members online

Back