Positives from Today

earl

1. Pole
2. Stef
3. Junior Tupou
4. Matamua
5. Nu Brown

I was really impressed with these guys today. Matamua didn't do much but I was worried he would be manhandled and he wasn't. I think he is a skillful forward which gives the team a different look. He could be a perfect 13.

Pole was huge. He just looks like he has the ability to be a middle forward who can do the job. He isn't going to be a massive prop but he looks to have good footwork and speed for a prop.

Stef was back. He was hitting hard and running over players. It was a great effort.

Junior Tupou looks like he can do things other players can't. I don't know his best position but he can make a bust.

Nu Brown makes a massive difference to the team because he provides good service, a running game and he can defend.

I know we lost but It wasn't a depressing loss.

Last edited:
To be honest it’s the best I’ve felt after a loss for sometime. They scored three tries in 5 minutes of game time, 4 in 12 minutes. We were solid with no ball early. We just buckled under the sin binning and some boneheaded play before the break. Tuilagi is a lost cause. If the guy on their side who’s coming next year was playing for us tonight maybe we win. This team with a decent 5/8 and some centres could be a decent team.

To be honest it’s the best I’ve felt after a loss for sometime. They scored three tries in 5 minutes of game time, 4 in 12 minutes. We were solid with no ball early. We just buckled under the sin binning and some boneheaded play before the break. Tuilagi is a lost cause. If the guy on their side who’s coming next year was playing for us tonight maybe we win. This team with a decent 5/8 and some centres could be a decent team.
Tumeth played left second row in U20s today and apparently was MOTM. He's also a very good player. Boyling in NSW Cup looks a competitor, the type we need in our NRL side.

Pole was massive for us. The type of forward we need moving forward. Should get NRL experience for remainder of the year.

I loved the aggression from the majority of our pack. Musgrove and Stefano were on a mission. Musgrove just needs to just watch the discipline..it is a fine line and I guess we will have to wear the odd penalty from it.

Hard to be critical of Matamua (much more disappointed with how we managed that 10 minute period)...it is nice seeing Moses get whacked. Other than that, solid in limited game time. Chased hard on one tackle to shut down the inside ball rather than be lazy.

Tupou with the ball in hand is dangerous and shows good deception. Still got to work on contact and willingness to put body on the line in defence. Hopefully comes with experience and a bit of size in the off season. Moving forward, needs to be in the centres, as he will be wasted on a wing.

Surely we are 1 week closer to:
6 - Douiehi 7 - Hastings

This is the key point. When Tuilagi is there we are playing with 12 men. With a sin binning we are down to 11.

You guys left out Joe Offa who was huge today, really played as the leader of the forwards and set the standard for aggression and effort.

Ended up having to limp himself off the field with what appeared to be cramp, after 72 mins play, with no help from a trainer.

Just a huge effort that set the tone for the other young lads to aim up.

Totally happy to play committed, enthusiastic, hard-working young men every week, even if they don't yet have the experience or reputation.

So happy to see Brown killing it at #9. Such an important position that we have lacked since Farah left. Liddle might be a nice guy but isn't up to NRL standard. Hope he stays fit.
Agree Liddle can move on...what do you think it means for our 9 next year. Api walks in to the position and then we have brown and Simpkin. Does one sit on the bench? Who do we lose?

Agree Liddle can move on...what do you think it means for our 9 next year. Api walks in to the position and then we have brown and Simpkin. Does one sit on the bench? Who do we lose?
Atm, I'd have Api start, keep Brown on the bench and hope Simpkin continued his development in the lower grades. Simpkin may throw his toys out and leave but we need to put our best team forward and an Api / Brown combination looks good to me.

Back