Podcast - Finds and Recommendations

Spartan117

Staff member
Forum Leader
Listen to a ton of Podcasts as I largely work from home these days or as I walk the dog.

Favourite topics centre around Sport, Leadership, Religion and Cyber Security.

Apart from the regular ones, What do you recommend? Drop a share and perhaps a very quick blurb

Common theme of both of these was, Hard work

Stumbled across - Straight talk with Mark Bouris.

ARLC chairman Peter V’Landys: How to Tackle High-stakes Negotiation -

Roosters Coach Trent Robinson - Robbo

Jim jefferies “I don’t know about that”
Hilarious and I actually learn random useless information lol

"How to Take Over the World". Biographies on great people through history but not just a dribble of facts, the hosts make it super interesting and thought provoking. Absolutely unreal podcast.

Jim jefferies “I don’t know about that”
Hilarious and I actually learn random useless information lol
I was always too busy to enjoy learning new random useless information. I think that’s why I enjoy the WTF so much?

The JBK Show by Jon Bernard is a comedian, former lower grade rugby league player.... have enjoyed his podcast, mostly sports related....

Mark Bouris - he has dived into podcasting and has put together a good product. Well spoken and interesting guy.

Jocko Willink & David Goggins - ill watch anything with these two guys. Very motivational and both very inspiring. When they talk, all men should listen.

Chris Williamson - more fitness and well-being. Has good guests and talk some very insightful stuff.

Mind Pump Show - just some bros talking fitness and health. Good discussion around training methods and whatnot. Have found this quite enjoyable and educational.

The Search by Spanian- more crime related. Good mix of guests. Lots of Australian criminals on board telling their story and speaking out against the youth not following their foot steps...

Dr Huberman, some Joe Rogan - If the guests are good and special mention to the YouTube Soft, White Underbelly - doing some interesting interviews across America with some very interesting folk

This week's Matt Johns and Cooper Cronk podcast analyses halves play.

Brooksy gets a mention around the 22 min mark.

This week's Matt Johns and Cooper Cronk podcast analyses halves play.

Brooksy gets a mention around the 22 min mark.

Matt talking about his brother? weird.

Always find comments about the Tigers from other players interesting. Brandon Smith, on James Graham's The Bye Round says that 'They (Tigers) have a weird set up down there' in RE to Benji being on the headphones but Sheens being the coach.

Weird set up indeed.

Could someone pass the Matty Johns Poddy with Cooper Cronk onto Sheens and Brooks Please??

Week after week they talk about actual Game Play.

Highlight this week was the comment around DEFENSE being the most important element of all success

The JBK Show by Jon Bernard is a comedian, former lower grade rugby league player.... have enjoyed his podcast, mostly sports related....

Mark Bouris - he has dived into podcasting and has put together a good product. Well spoken and interesting guy.

Jocko Willink & David Goggins - ill watch anything with these two guys. Very motivational and both very inspiring. When they talk, all men should listen.

Chris Williamson - more fitness and well-being. Has good guests and talk some very insightful stuff.

Mind Pump Show - just some bros talking fitness and health. Good discussion around training methods and whatnot. Have found this quite enjoyable and educational.

The Search by Spanian- more crime related. Good mix of guests. Lots of Australian criminals on board telling their story and speaking out against the youth not following their foot steps...

Dr Huberman, some Joe Rogan - If the guests are good and special mention to the YouTube Soft, White Underbelly - doing some interesting interviews across America with some very interesting folk
You should take a look at Gary Jubelin's podcast on Youtube called "I catch killers".
He had John Elias last week and he's had Spanian and Richie Vaculik.
Jubelin's an ex homicide cop who ended up copping a conviction himself. He can talk to crims and allow all sides of the story to come out.

Last edited:
I'm starting to watch this one. I know Richie (not well) but he always came across to me as a really nice guy.
He's a typical Jubelin guest in that he woke up to himself and turned his life around. Some like Johnny Elias just took a bit longer to do it.

Was listening to Bloke in a bar this week and they all mentioned that 'it's not the players'.. basically said they wouldn't hold it against the players if they want to break their contracts with us. Don't disagree too much either.

You should take a look at Gary Jubelin's podcast on Youtube called "I catch killers".
He had John Elias last week and he's had Spanian and Richie Vaculik.
Jubelin's an ex homicide cop who ended up copping a conviction himself. He can talk to crims and allow all sides of the story to come out.
Yeah, he's a close friend of a lady I work with.
She's talked it up for ages so I watched a few.

He's good value hey.
Good suggestion.

Yeah, he's a close friend of a lady I work with.
She's talked it up for ages so I watched a few.

He's good value hey.
Good suggestion.
Did you listen to the Ben Smith episodes when he was talking to Jubelin? He is a mate of mine and what happened to him was horrendous....

Did you listen to the Ben Smith episodes when he was talking to Jubelin? He is a mate of mine and what happened to him was horrendous....
That episode was scary. One day you're living life and next day you're facing multiple charges because some nut job acquaintance from your past makes up allegations.
It literally could happen to anyone.

That episode was scary. One day you're living life and next day you're facing multiple charges because some nut job acquaintance from your past makes up allegations.
It literally could happen to anyone.
I was working that day and I heard we had a person of interest that was just getting out...I walked down to see who it was and i saw him and i said "Benny what are you doing here?" and all my co-workers just looked at me.... I had to release him and thankfully his wife was there to get him. He is the nicest, most vanilla boring guy you'd ever meet. Just loved his work, his footy and his family.... You never know how your day is going to end.

Back