PETITION LINK External Review

Wow Mm, your name reminds me of a very scary movie called "play misty for me".

There's no 'insane imagined conspiracy theory' here by M_M or me.

We all follow Wests Tigers but M_M and I are looking at things from a Wests Magpies perspective which we are entitled to do, surely.
But for some insane [your word] reason we get jumped on from a great height for having that perspective.

As another poster said that he/she had a look at one of the Wests Magpies sites, there's just as much anti Balmain stuff on there as there is anti-Magpies stuff on here, but that is disguised as accusations and criticism against M_M and me for looking at things from a Magpies pov.

Neither of us have said we want the Balmain Tigers side kicked out due to the Tigers only having a 10% stake in our club.
But I can imagine the angst that fact must have on a lot of supporters from the Balmain side of our JV.
Just imagine what would happen if a benefactor aligned with the Magpies materialized and said "off with the Tigers heads, Magpies only from now on"
I can imagine the upRoar that would cause, and it would be justified imo.

I can also imagine the angst those from the Magpies side would have when a group headed by Benny Elias, or another group aligned with Balmain Tigers puts in an offer to take over WT.
Is Bdb's offer the last time something similar to this will happen?

I accept the fact we are now WT, as the NRL own the name and therefore our name can never be changed, as far as I know.
But that may not stop someone trying to change the equilibrium if they think it is a chance of happening.
And 'maybe' the current petition is the 1st step in trying to change that equilibrium.

I'm pretty sure If Helmesy and Cochise were to say on here that they respect the fact the Magpies own 90% of our JV and will not try to change that, all this current bickering will stop, and we can all get back to enjoying WT actually winning a game or 3 more in 2023, due to this petition having the power to get our board to pull their fingers out and work effectively together.

Cool story bro.....

What does any of that have to do with the petition?

Oh really?
We all follow Wests Tigers but M_M and I are looking at things from a Wests Magpies perspective which we are entitled to do, surely.
But for some insane [your word] reason we get jumped on from a great height for having that perspective.

As another poster said that he/she had a look at one of the Wests Magpies sites, there's just as much anti Balmain stuff on there as there is anti-Magpies stuff on here, but that is disguised as accusations and criticism against M_M and me for looking at things from a Magpies pov.

Neither of us have said we want the Balmain Tigers side kicked out due to the Tigers only having a 10% stake in our club.
But I can imagine the angst that fact must have on a lot of supporters from the Balmain side of our JV.
Just imagine what would happen if a benefactor aligned with the Magpies materialized and said "off with the Tigers heads, Magpies only from now on"

I can also imagine the angst those from the Magpies side would have when a group headed by Benny Elias, or another group aligned with Balmain Tigers puts in an offer to take over WT.

I accept the fact we are now WT, as the NRL own the name and therefore our name can never be changed, as far as I know.
But that may not stop someone trying to change the equilibrium if they think it is a chance of happening.
And 'maybe' the current petition is the 1st step in trying to change that equilibrium.

I'm pretty sure If Helmesy and Cochise were to say on here that they respect the fact the Magpies own 90% of our JV and will not try to change that, all this current bickering will stop, and we can all get back to enjoying WT actually winning a game or 3 more in 2023, due to this petition having the power to get our board to pull their fingers out and work effectively together.
...then goes on two write an essay on an imagined conspiracy that has zero to do with the petition.

I'm pretty sure If Helmesy and Cochise were to say on here that they respect the fact the Magpies own 90% of our JV and will not try to change tha
I can only speak for myself but I have no problem with the ownership structure of the Wests Tigers, I am not trying to change that structure. I would like to see improved governance of the club.

Apologies if you didn't post that. Perhaps you up voted @Jedi_Tiger post on subject as I'm sure I can recall him posting that more than once. That's fine his view not something I would lose sleep over playing all games at LO but that was my point......those topics I avoid bringing up as they are contra the spirit of the JV and I respect Balmains legacy within it......but others do.

So nobody can accuse me of pushing Balmain/Wests agendas.
just to be clear homebush would be the preference due to its location
I don't really think LO full time or Campbletown full time is the way to go

just to be clear homebush would be the preference due to its location
I don't really think LO full time or Campbletown full time is the way to go
Fair enough,

Only mentioned you because I enjoy your posts and like you and many others we may all post things which may be seen as a Wests/Balmain thing. Wasn't meant to call you out or be critical.

Don't really have a preference myself but understand the sensitivities.

My post just related to a recollection you may have posted a preference for LO in the past......which is fair enough.

Just made a point that I avoid such topics unless in reply since I was accused of pushing a Balmain/Wests agenda.

Obviously such forumers were just trying to detract from my anti petition views.....one's I hold because of the delicate nature of many ongoing negotiations that I know of atm.

Can't have any further bad press at this time.

A very interesting listen to Shannon Cavanagh, former Magpies Chair, on the board setup & governance of the WT.

Explains how fans can impact change to the WT board.

Sounds like we should all become members of Wests Ashfield & attend the AGM to lobby for change.

He was quite optimistic that a few key personnel changes to the board can turn the club around.

A very interesting listen to Shannon Cavanagh, former Magpies Chair, on the board setup & governance of the WT.

Explains how fans can impact change to the WT board.

Sounds like we should all become members of Wests Ashfield & attend the AGM to lobby for change.

He was quite optimistic that a few key personnel changes to the board can turn the club around.

Wait. A ex magpie board member is disappointed at the inept current management at WT?? And suggests change??? Wow. It’s almost like he wants wests tigers to be successful lol.

@Magpie_Magic, this guy is a balmain stooge for sure. you were right!!! Inserted into the WA systems many years ago to sew discontent from the top down. There’s no other reason for his comments other than an intricate plan, years in the making to make the magpie on the sleeve slightly smaller. You were right all along and @cochise is a double agent plotting the downfall of the amount of white in WT clash jersey.

I can only speak for myself but I have no problem with the ownership structure of the Wests Tigers, I am not trying to change that structure. I would like to see improved governance of the club.
I’ve got a problem with it . It’s garbage and lacks any real desire for success .
I couldn’t care less if they have a picture of a bird on their logo .
I would love private ownership . And definitely not the blue wiggle who wants to return it to 1990 .

Lol that would be the dumbest business decision ever . For one , the magpies had next to no supporters prior to the merger , mainly due to their lack of success and the move to c town in the 80s.
And 2 , most of the supporters for the wests tigers are wests tigers supporters , and couldn’t give 3 fifths of sweet FA about the magpies or Balmain .
so the chance of the magpies returning is as likely as the Bears returning to play out of north Sydney oval .
You’ve lost the plot dude .
There is no magpies perspective . There’s wests tigers and there’s wests Ashfield . And unless you’re on the wests Ashfield board , then no other perspective is relevant nor wanted.
I’m sorry that you can’t see it . I truly am . But that’s just the way it is . For reference the wests tigers have been in existence way longer than the wests magpies of Campbelltown .

Wait. A ex magpie board member is disappointed at the inept current management at WT?? And suggests change??? Wow. It’s almost like he wants wests tigers to be successful lol.

@Magpie_Magic, this guy is a balmain stooge for sure. you were right!!! Inserted into the WA systems many years ago to sew discontent from the top down. There’s no other reason for his comments other than an intricate plan, years in the making to make the magpie on the sleeve slightly smaller. You were right all along and @cochise is a double agent plotting the downfall of the amount of white in WT clash jersey.
What a rant!

R. U OK?

The irony is not lost on me.
I get it for him though mate . He obviously loved the magpies with a passion . Hence the name . But it’s literally the same thing as loving a retired band like the Beatles . Sure you love them because they provide nostalgia for you of a time long since past , but does that mean your going to not enjoy oasis , or the last 20 years of British rock bands like Muse etc. Because they’re all stealing from the Beatles . And do nothing but talk about bringing back the Beatles as if you can get a Time Machine and Marty Mcfly and his Delorian.
Or do you just accept that , that band was for X period of your life , and these newer bands are for Y period , and they’re all just points on a timeline .
Because the current way just makes you miserable looking through the nostalgia lens . At least the second gives you some hope for a new music that really gets to you.
Also …. New music sux ! Haha just kidding

Latest posts

Members online

Back