PETITION LINK External Review

Continue to accept the current situation without agitating for some accountability will only weaken the clubs strength/standing within the NRL.
Losing clubs do not generate more fans and if we don't generate fans we will become obsolete and those still hanging on to Magpies and or Balmain dominance will go down with them.
Agree and that is a major issue. You’ll see young kids.. 5, 6 7 maybe up to 11 years old at matches wearing Tigers gear. They are still under their parents control. Once a child has some independence they go for other teams that are winning. You see very few 12 to 17 year olds wearing Tigers gear. We have already lost a generation and we can’t afford to lose another or the game is up. Time for a change…

I can’t see what all the fuss is about. You can sign the petition if you want to or if you do not like the idea of a petition or your worried about people’s motives for having the petition…don’t sign the petition.

Personally I jumped at the chance to sign, because the club I love is spiralling out of control in a downward trajectory and someone has to take ownership. I also think the people who started the petition did it for the same reasons and do not have a hidden agenda or a axe to grind.

Other people may view this completely differently and I respect your views…thank god we live in a democracy

I can’t see what all the fuss is about. You can sign the petition if you want to or if you do not like the idea of a petition or your worried about people’s motives for having the petition…don’t sign the petition.

Personally I jumped at the chance to sign, because the club I love is spiralling out of control in a downward trajectory and someone has to take ownership. I also think the people who started the petition did it for the same reasons and do not have a hidden agenda or a axe to grind.

Other people may view this completely differently and I respect your views…thank god we live in a democracy
Agree SC. There is no joy in following a team that it's almost impossible to have any faith in, while other clubs can go through challenging times and somehow find ways to overcome them, move forward and give their fans something to cheer about. Something stinks at this club and the petition if nothing else at least gives the fans a voice to air their frustration and their dissaproval after years of dissapointment under the current administration.

Another media article speculating on discontent between coaches & management, I feel like just standing outside Lee's office and shouting 'sort this fn s*** out now or you & Pascoe get the f*** out yourselves'!

We will not sign or re-sign anyone until this s*** is sorted! Who would sign, really!

Just an update guys, Simon Cook has been contacted and informed that we have the petition running. He was also sent a copy of the latest pod.

He is currently on leave but has said he will be in contact next week to arrange a meeting.
Good work mate,I certainly hope that Simon takes our petition seriously and can get the board to understand that even if we cant vote or ask them serious questions about our club because we are just supporters,fans and members of WTs,at least understand that as a fan base who spend on many things within the club,we are passionate about the success of the team and club and improvement is needed within the top level of the club in order to achieve that success...The problems are staring everyone in the face ...its about time they were professionally solved...

So over this whole Wests vs Balmain crap. As a 23 year old I can tell you that myself & a lot of Wests Tigers fans my age couldn't care less about these two clubs as they are a thing of the past & have been for a very long time now. Wests & Balmain will always be apart of our history but we are the Wests Tigers now & all focus should be towards making Wests Tigers the best club they can be.

Just an update guys, Simon Cook has been contacted and informed that we have the petition running. He was also sent a copy of the latest pod.

He is currently on leave but has said he will be in contact next week to arrange a meeting.
I Wonder if he'd be prepared to provide any.ansight on what's occurring & any advice on what he thinks needs to change

Probably not likely

The bloke that steps down himself voluntarily usually doesn't throw others under a bus

And now we have the Mole claiming the club is talking to Justin Holbrook via an intermediary in case an apparent problem between Sheens, Benji and the Board becomes terminal. Could we be made to look any more stupid and dysfunctional? This review can't come soon enough!

Last edited:
And now we have the Mole claiming the club is talking to Justin Holbrook via an intermediary in case an apparent problem between Sheens, Benji and the Board becomes terminal. Could we be made to look any more stupid and dysfunctional? This review can't come soon enough!
I may have missed it in a prev. post, but I dont think I've seen anyone that's in the know like journos etc. actually come out with proof that "the club is talking to Justin Holbrook".
And if there is no proof, it could just be someone starting a rumour to further destabilise WT.

What review , we did one last year. And Lee and Justin and the board we spot on , nothing to see there , it was the coach AGAIN. Who stuffed us up. Haha. Yep the coach. Haha

Back