Peter V’landys

Madge

What a breath of fresh air this man has been. People said before he was appointed that he is a no nonsense bloke and he will not accept mediocrity. Best thing to happen to this game.

Thoughts ? Like him or dislike him?

Hail!!!!!! Peter V'Landys, saviour of the "Greatest Game of All."

Love him. At last a leader that wants to get the game out of its stagnant years. He gets things done and he's not finished yet, talking about getting crowds back, expansion and new stadiums when others would be happy to sit back and rest.
I wish he could come to the tigers.

@gallagher said in [Peter V’landys](/post/1154777) said:
Love him. At last a leader that wants to get the game out of its stagnant years. He gets things done and he's not finished yet, talking about getting crowds back, expansion and new stadiums when others would be happy to sit back and rest.
I wish he could come to the tigers.

A can do man at the Tigers if only !

Peter Beattie was way better and his knowledge of the game will be dearly missed.......... I'm kidding I'm kidding.

The timing was perfect for a bloke like Peter V. With game down for the count and needed a guy who pushed everyone aside and basically said follow me or P off.
Be interesting if he will last or eventually get railroaded by a self interested group. I get the feeling he will go hard till the game is back on its feet and than hand over to someone else

I think he's done very well so far....he's definitely saying all the right things and appears to be actioning rather than just paying lip service....his changes have done the game wonders

@Tiger-Tragic said in [Peter V’landys](/post/1154917) said:
I think you (not me .... I don't respect or like the guy) all need to temper your enthusiasm for the leadership of PVL. It's one round after resumption. I would question how his "changes have done the game wonders".

I agree with Tiger Tragic on this one. So far so good for V'landys, but it is very early days and he has not proven himself in anything yet.

What has he actually done so far? Started the game up, yes that's good, let's see if it can last a few weeks or months. Got the tv deal done, yes okay, but whether that was good for the game or bad will be determined in time, can't tell yet.

@JD-Tiger said in [Peter V’landys](/post/1154925) said:
I think you (not me .... I don't respect or like the guy) all need to temper your enthusiasm for the leadership of PVL. It's one round after resumption. I would question how his "changes have done the game wonders".

I agree with Tiger Tragic on this one. So far so good for V'landys, but it is very early days and he has not proven himself in anything yet.

***What has he actually done so far?*** Started the game up, yes that's good, let's see if it can last a few weeks or months. Got the tv deal done, yes okay, but whether that was good for the game or bad will be determined in time, can't tell yet.

Gotten rid of Greenberg for a start. Gets my vote

@Tiger5150 said in [Peter V’landys](/post/1154940) said:

***What has he actually done so far?*** Started the game up, yes that's good, let's see if it can last a few weeks or months. Got the tv deal done, yes okay, but whether that was good for the game or bad will be determined in time, can't tell yet.

that in itself should guarantee him a contract extension.....

What has he actually done so far? Started the game up, yes that's good, let's see if it can last a few weeks or months. Got the tv deal done, yes okay, but whether that was good for the game or bad will be determined in time, can't tell yet.

The broadcasters effectively got this season for free.

@Tiger5150 said in [Peter V’landys](/post/1154940) said:

Well yes, that's definitely a massive plus.

You have to admit he has done well ...but you also have to admit he has had a bit of luck as well with the Equine Flu and now covid

If he switches sports again I'm heading for the hills

I'm intrigued by his wish for a 2nd Brisbane team. Has he given any indication of whether this team will be an addition or at the expense of an existing Sydney team? I hope it is not at the expense of the Titans.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Peter V’landys](/post/1154975) said:
I'm intrigued by his wish for a 2nd Brisbane team. Has he given any indication of whether this team will be an addition or at the expense of an existing Sydney team? I hope it is not at the expense of the Titans.

Why not though? Titans offer zero to the comp.

Back