Penrith rivalry

AL The Tiger

Round 16, 29th August.

Wests Tigers vs Penrith Panthers (Part II).

The rivalry was already there previously, but it's been taken to new levels after tonight.
Can't wait... hopefully Adam Gee isn't officiating that game.

@GNR4LIFE said in [Penrith rivalry](/post/1175011) said:
It’s a one sided rivalry.

Ivan Cleary's reaction tonight makes me think otherwise. No other team's fans will have him act that way.

EDIT: Also, not as if we weren't in the contest tonight. In my opinion, we were the much better team if not for the calamity that is Adam Gee

@TigersBusDriver said in [Penrith rivalry](/post/1175036) said:

Ivan Cleary's reaction tonight makes me think otherwise. No other team's fans will have him act that way.

Cos no other teams fans would hate him like ours.

@GNR4LIFE said in [Penrith rivalry](/post/1175043) said:

Cos no other teams fans would hate him like ours.

We'll see how it shapes up for round 16. Nevertheless, thoroughly enjoyed the passion shown tonight from both sides and I do love a good old school rivalry

We beat them last year both games if I remember correctly ? I think it’s not one sided at all . The fans would be spraying the Clearys every chance they get , there’s nothing but hate from the CEO to the playing staff towards him.
There’s no way he doesn’t buy into that. I’d say that’s what the “look at the scoreboard” is fueled by . The teams hate each other . And good . Because I for one hate the clearys and panthers too, and it’s awesome to see the club resemble the feelings of the fans

@Strongee said in [Penrith rivalry](/post/1175063) said:
We beat them last year both games if I remember correctly ? I think it’s not one sided at all . The fans would be spraying the Clearys every chance they get , there’s nothing but hate from the CEO to the playing staff towards him.
There’s no way he doesn’t buy into that. I’d say that’s what the “look at the scoreboard” is fueled by . The teams hate each other . And good . Because I for one hate the clearys and panthers too, and it’s awesome to see the club resemble the feelings of the fans

We lost to them in GP last year. We hate them, and see them as bitter rivals. Do they hate us though? Have we ever done anything for them to hate us more than any other side? That’s why I believe it’s one sided.

EDIT: Also, not as if we weren't in the contest tonight. In my opinion, we were the much better team if not for the calamity that is Adam Gee

Is he somehow related to the Suttons? Otherwisw cannot understand how he still has a job.

@GNR4LIFE said in [Penrith rivalry](/post/1175219) said:
@Strongee said in [Penrith rivalry](/post/1175063) said:

We lost to them in GP last year. We hate them, and see them as bitter rivals. Do they hate us though? Have we ever done anything for them to hate us more than any other side? That’s why I believe it’s one sided.

They may not ‘hate us’ the same way we fans hate Ivan, possibly some of our players hate Ivan but I don’t think it would matter as much to them as it does us. However if you don’t think that the panthers team will not always be wanting to get one over us in support of their coach and halfback you just don’t get sporting rivalries.
Don’t forget we also tried to lure Edwards, Whare, Capewell, Zetavano to us.
The rivalry is alive and well. 2nd only to the one with Parramatta.

Don’t forget Manly, Souths, Melbourne, Brisbane, Roosters, Dogs, Sharks, Saints, Canberra, Newcastle, Titans and the Warriors. Hate them all.

@mike said in [Penrith rivalry](/post/1175915) said:
Don’t forget Manly, Souths, Melbourne, Brisbane, Roosters, Dogs, Sharks, Saints, Canberra, Newcastle, Titans and the Warriors. Hate them all.

No...Ivan makes the Panthers special,but Moses & Matterson puts the Eels slitely above them IMO.Dont like grub acts
And any team turncoat Woods turns up in this week annoys too,but hes so ineffectual these days and easily contained by our blokes I dont have the same depth of feeling!!His loss in leaving in every sense
And funnily enough,I dont resent Tedesco after selling us out despite supporting him thru major injuries..I admire his skills and deserves the success he achieves(wld have preferred it with us but I get that it probably wldnt have happened to same extent)

Latest posts

Members online

Back