OFFICIAL Pathways - KOE General Discussion

I watched this game and the standard was really poor, the amount of dropped ball and skill level was poor. Like most people I though Sullivan would be a good signing, he just looks lost, whether to be an attacking half or controlling half, I remember that magic round where he was so dangerous against us. Young Miller , needs to a loose a few KGs, but has ood potential.

The Knock On Effect NSW Cup - Round 10 vs. Knights

Sunday, May 12 - 2:00 p.m. AEST
Lidcombe Oval, Sydney

WESTERN SUBURBS MAGPIES

1. Curtis Wilson
2. Solomon Alaimalo
3. Solomona Faataape
4. Josh Feledy
5. Alex Lobb
6. Declan Casey
7. Noah Ryan
8. Reuben Porter
9. James Valevatu (c)
10. Nick Lui-Toso
11. Brandon Tumeth
12. Asu Kepaoa
13. Kit Laulilii

14. Tallyn Da Silva
15. Sione Vaihu
16. Jordan Miller
17. Sione Fainu

18. Chris Faagutu
19. Raymond Maroun
Coach: Aaron Payne

INS: Curtis Wilson, Solomon Alaimalo, Brandon Tumeth, Sione Fainu

OUTS: Starford To'a (NRL), Jayden Sullivan (NRL), Chris Faagutu (Jersey Flegg), Gordon Whippy

Lidcombe Oval, Sydney

WESTERN SUBURBS MAGPIES

1. Curtis Wilson
2. Solomon Alaimalo
3. Solomona Faataape
4. Josh Feledy
5. Alex Lobb
6. Declan Casey
7. Noah Ryan
8. Reuben Porter
9. James Valevatu (c)
10. Nick Lui-Toso
11. Brandon Tumeth
12. Asu Kepaoa
13. Kit Laulilii

14. Tallyn Da Silva
15. Sione Vaihu
16. Jordan Miller
17. Sione Fainu

18. Chris Faagutu
19. Raymond Maroun

OUTS: Starford To'a (NRL), Jayden Sullivan (NRL), Chris Faagutu (Jersey Flegg), Gordon Whippy
Halves cupboard looking very bare at the moment. No creativity there.

Also assuming they are being extra cautious with Luke Laulili'i coming back from a head knock.

Lidcombe Oval, Sydney

WESTERN SUBURBS MAGPIES

1. Curtis Wilson
2. Solomon Alaimalo
3. Solomona Faataape
4. Josh Feledy
5. Alex Lobb
6. Declan Casey
7. Noah Ryan
8. Reuben Porter
9. James Valevatu (c)
10. Nick Lui-Toso
11. Brandon Tumeth
12. Asu Kepaoa
13. Kit Laulilii

14. Tallyn Da Silva
15. Sione Vaihu
16. Jordan Miller
17. Sione Fainu

18. Chris Faagutu
19. Raymond Maroun

Such an awful side. We've just given up on this squad.

Tallyn needs minutes, he should be saved the despair of this hopeless mess and given a whole match every week in flegg. We don't want our kids getting accustomed to getting belted every week - the current culture.

We really need a much better cup side they are not only last but for and against at -163 is more than double the next worst af about-70
A sure bet to win the cup spoon paying probably $1.20 to do so !!!

We really need a much better cup side they are not only last but for and against at -163 is more than double the next worst af about-70
A sure bet to win the cup spoon paying probably $1.20 to do so !!!
So cut some players and replace them with others who have been performing well for other clubs and seeking better opportunities to potentially play NRL.
What are we waiting for ?

This sums up exactly what our talent scouts see, nothing beyond big kids looking good against smaller kids.
No idea how to identify what a future athlete looks at a young age.
You will never get it 100% correct, but at the moment they get it almost 100% incorrect.
We need to invest in better talent identifiers, recruiters who can see emerging athletes and not overweight slugs.
Talent identification, both internal & external, has been probably our biggest failure since day 1.

I don’t know a lot about pathways contracts maybe some here do but are all NSW Cup contracts only 1 year deals and players can get signed elsewhere every year? Or can they still be signed to a club for a few years and can only go elsewhere early if given permission or have been offered a top 30 contract by a rival team?

I don’t know a lot about pathways contracts maybe some here do but are all NSW Cup contracts only 1 year deals and players can get signed elsewhere every year? Or can they still be signed to a club for a few years and can only go elsewhere early if given permission or have been offered a top 30 contract by a rival team?
There’s already been a heap of player move eng in the lower grades, all we have signed are players for our Ron Massey Cup team.

There’s already been a heap of player move eng in the lower grades, all we have signed are players for our Ron Massey Cup team.
That doesn’t technically answer what I asked. Not trying to sound rude.

I don’t know of him, but if Noah Ryan kills it, where’s that leave Bud?

Seems to me that the Storm are the best at scouting although they do it thru a bigger pool
Looking at how bad our Cup side is and how that severely limits our depth why don't we simply copy what they do .Maybe even hire their cheif scout .
Weve got just 2 sources one being our Cup side and the other our junior pathways
Òne is mainly devoid of talent and the other full of really promising 16 and 17 year olds
Those youngsters that do turn out to be stars are likely to go to the best bidder down the road anyway .
In Summary lets use the most talented scouts and increase the size of the pool that they fish in
A really talented cup player feeding a top club might never get to play NRL but would at the Wests Tigers and that's the ultimate goal of all of them

He's average.

Played a few cup games with raiders and knights, like 3 or 4... hasn't won a game at that grade from memory.
So Noah thought he’d come to a development club to advance his career.
Sounds like he’d give Bud a run for his money? Just poking some fun, but Bud hasn’t been killing it in reggies, then has a shocker in firsts, while Noah rocks the boat in reggies? There be some jazz hands going on I reckon. Let’s hope the forwards win the battle or at least hold their own to give Bud some time and space and he kills it in NRL. He has 4 weeks to build some confidence and show what he’s got bcoz it’s going south quick for him. If he doesn’t come good during this contract his NRL career is over. We don’t want that it will be an anchor to our roster management. We need to give him all the support and help to get him playing at least his best football and sell him. But unfortunately I see a4 year anchor, I hope he proves me wrong.

Did you see my Ugly kid Joe reference?

Seems to me that the Storm are the best at scouting although they do it thru a bigger pool
Looking at how bad our Cup side is and how that severely limits our depth why don't we simply copy what they do .Maybe even hire their cheif scout .
Weve got just 2 sources one being our Cup side and the other our junior pathways
Òne is mainly devoid of talent and the other full of really promising 16 and 17 year olds
Those youngsters that do turn out to be stars are likely to go to the best bidder down the road anyway .
In Summary lets use the most talented scouts and increase the size of the pool that they fish in
A really talented cup player feeding a top club might never get to play NRL but would at the Wests Tigers and that's the ultimate goal of all of them
The more & more I think about it, I think the club is using this year as a bridging year for the likes of Miller, TDS, Faagutu, Lauliliis, Mason, Saukuru, Craig, Sukkar to just get them used to playing men. Then next season will be a big year for them to ply their trade in NSW Cup and make NRL only when their form warrants.

Here is a little forecasting into '25 ...

NRL
Bula
Staines
Turuva
Olam
Naden
Galvin
Luai
Papaali
Bateman
Fainu
Stefano
Api
Klemmer
---
Pole
Twal
Sezer (to be utility hooker/half)
Matamua

NSW CUP
Mason
Laulilii
Feledy
Saukuru
Lobb
Fainu
Sullivan
Kit Laulilii
Tumeth
Sukkar
Seyfarth
TDS
Miller
---
Faagutu
Sione Fainu (reckon we'll sign him on a T&T for next season)
Broederlow
Cayne Nicholas

Then when injuries & form permit, we'll have Navren Willett, Sione Vaihu (T&T) & hopefully Bailey Hodges & either Aho or Tofaeono on Cup contracts (as they will be 22 next season and don't want to lose these 3).

Couldn't fit Starford T'oa into the above so I'm letting him explore his options lol

Back