OFFICIAL Pathways - KOE General Discussion

We specialize in recruiting fat lazy juniors who dominate with their size.
If you're a lean kid who has a football brain, but your balls have just dropped, and you'll physically develop late you haven't got a prayer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 851
I know he has better cattle around him, but the way Sexton drops back and totally dominates is what Sullivan should be doing. Thing is Sullivan has dominated this level before. He looks worse that when he started
Sexton has quality forwards around him for nsw cup level , Sullivan has a combination of useless forwards at thus level and 18 yr old kids nothing much a half can do - I was impressed that Sullivan's effort was great all game which wasn't common.

Mainly though it's the experience and quality of the dogs team was better - Joey couldn't have looked impressive. Not saying Sullivan is great just that this game is no way to judge a half from it on either side.

I was impressed with Miller and DeSilva in the forwards while the backs the wingers were OK but nothing much can be done when the pack is dominated by players with nrl experience vs kids and cup benchies.

Dogs forward pack had over 300 games nrl experience- ours had less then 10 (in the for forwards Kepaoa has played a few in the backs).

I was impressed with Miller and DeSilva in the forwards while the backs the wingers were OK but nothing much can be done when the pack is dominated by players with nrl experience vs kids and cup benchies.

Dogs forward pack had over 300 games nrl experience- ours had less then 10 (in the for forwards Kepaoa has played a few in the backs).
The linespeed and physicality was a big difference in both packs. Kepaoa and Vaihu as 2nd rowers does not help the forwards.

I too was impressed with Miller and Da Silva. Miller has done really well handling the step up to Cup. Miller and Luke Laulili'i (and Mason before his injury) have been the shining lights in Cup so far this year. Obviously still going to be a fitness and conditioning issue for Miller but no one is expecting him to play NRL this year. Another big pre season or 2 will be crucial to his development.

We named probably the smallest side the NSW cup has ever seen today. Literally half the squad is under 180cm!!!!!! That's the backs halves and forwards! You just can't fit more than 2-3 tiny players, if they're lightning fast and skillful playmakers that's ok.

We should tell every player that started the game apart from Porter that they're free to leave the club as soon as they can.

Where's Ngutlik? Was on the sidelines but hasn't been sighted in any grade this season.

Looks to struggle at this level also.

Terrible recruitment there.
Unfortunately the coach has not done his homework to bring out the best in his wingers! The middle need to know the capabilities of the edge players and play to it! It’s so frustrating to watch! Kick high to the corner ffs!

We specialize in recruiting fat lazy juniors who dominate with their size.
If you're a lean kid who has a football brain, but your balls have just dropped, and you'll physically develop late you haven't got a prayer.
This sums up exactly what our talent scouts see, nothing beyond big kids looking good against smaller kids.
No idea how to identify what a future athlete looks at a young age.
You will never get it 100% correct, but at the moment they get it almost 100% incorrect.
We need to invest in better talent identifiers, recruiters who can see emerging athletes and not overweight slugs.

Latest posts

Members online

Back