Our new home?

hammertime

This could be massive for us.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/hi-tech-stadium-based-on-phoenixs-super-bowl-arena-planned-for-liverpool/story-fni0cx12-1227566725367

A HI-TECH stadium modelled on Phoenix’s Super Bowl arena — where the entire field can be wheeled outside and replaced with a convention centre floor — is being planned for Liverpool in Sydney’s southwest.
>
Artist’s impressions of the innovative venue have been drawn up under the direction of Liverpool Mayor Ned Mannoun in a bid to win the support of the Baird government.
>
Mr Mannoun said it was critical Liverpool’s stadium proposal was flexible to ensure the venue was not just used by sporting teams.
>
“We’re drawing on inspiration from the University of Phoenix stadium,” he said. “Our proposal is an entertainment centre that can turn into a sports venue.
>
“No facility we presently have in Sydney would get usage like this: everything from local netball games, to professional sports to camper van expos, music concerts and high school graduations.’’
>
With the new Western Sydney Airport at Badgerys Creek expected to turbocharge economic growth in Liverpool, the fast-growing region is regarded as a frontrunner in the battle to win funding for a new stadium.
>
Liverpool’s main competition will come from Penrith, home to Sports Minister Stuart Ayres and the Penrith Panthers NRL franchise.
>
Under Mr Mannoun’s plan, the roofed stadium of about 30,000 seats would be part of an entertainment and cultural precinct at Woodward Park, 800m from Liverpool train station and a kilometre from the M5.
>
It is estimated the total precinct would cost about $600 million, of which $400 million could be raised through developer contributions.
>
About $200 million would be needed from the state government, including money raised through ­potential land sales.
>
“We want the Liverpool of the 21st century to be a hub for knowledge industry jobs,’’ Mr Mannoun said.
>
“To attract and retain young talent and aspirational families, we need to create a ‘live, work and play’ environment, as well as fast transport links.’’
>
By 2031, Liverpool is expected to be servicing a regional population of almost 1.3 million.
>
The unique Phoenix stadium, where former Eels star Jarryd Hayne played with the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers last month, is celebrated in North America as a marvel of design, engineering and technology.
>
Mr Mannoun has already secured an agreement with the Wests Tigers NRL team to create a new home in Liverpool if it can secure federal funding to help build a centre of excellence at Carnes Hill.
>
He has also met with the owners of English Premier League giants Liverpool FC to drum up interest in the ­famous football club one day supporting a new A-League team in Sydney’s southwest.

I reckon 1 game at Cambo or Leichhardt in the heritage rounds would be perfect.

I think the above proposal's viability depends on 2 things

- Obviously State Govt backing

- The amount of corporate revenue it can bring in to keep fees to the Tigers low. ANZ has some solid backing and annual members packages for a wide range of sports, which is why they can pay us to play there. Hopefully Liverpool could produce a model with a similar payout (or at least not charging us like Leichhardt or Cambo).
With the private enterprise suggested (around the ground) that will benefit from game days, this could certainly be achievable.

have said before …. livo mayor ned manoun is full of bs and will " promise " anything and say anything ( like most pollie's ), to inflate his public profile. ironic that this article is in keeping with the telecrap and the livo mayor.
the article did not mention that westigers are in fact looking elsewhere for an acadamy / facility. i was at a recent council meeting when the tigers rep read a letter to livo council expressing the tigers disappointment at missing out on a venue they wished to use within LCC area.

Pascoe our new CEO has said publicly a few times in his early tenure that a single home is priority 1.

Woks for me Liverpool is not to far from Picnic Point

Never been to Liverpool , what's it like ?

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

@magpiecol said:
@Yossarian said:
@magpiecol said:
I can hear it now. (Whingey voice) " But it's not Leichhardt Oval".

Well so far you're the only person who's mentioned it.

But just 4 minutes later?

It's like shooting fish in a pond.

If you're referring to Hammertime's post it didn't really match the type of post you predicted. In fact he was pointing out we have to pay for LO and Campbelltown.

@Yossarian said:
@magpiecol said:
@Yossarian said:
@magpiecol said:
I can hear it now. (Whingey voice) " But it's not Leichhardt Oval".

Well so far you're the only person who's mentioned it.

But just 4 minutes later?

It's like shooting fish in a pond.

If you're referring to Hammertime's post it didn't really match the type of post you predicted. In fact he was pointing out we have to pay for LO and Campbelltown.

x2\. Thanks Yoss.

I think most people on here want the club to be strong with 1 ground. I thought they should have moved to ANZ for '16\. given how dire our finances are and then just rotate LO/CSS each year for the 1 heritage round instead of the SCG.

But I do love how the club has been looking at this holistically, trying to combine training/match day and not rushing a decision. They are far more strategic than prior administrations.

All we need is Liverpool to come up trumps and for Harry to buy in and all our problems will be a thing of the past. Meriton Stadium would be sweet.

Sorry I don't want to be associated with those dirty Scousers , pick any other EPL side

Even Spurs

Opportunities like this don't come up every day …. It's a hard decision to leave our traditional homes but one which should be given very serious consideration. Our long term viability is on the line and this a big step in the right direction. Just need everyone pulling together to make it happen.

One home ground (with maybe a shared heritage round at the traditional homes) will solidify our tenure in the NRL because crowds will soon gravitate to a winning team & culture - which it would appear is where we are heading.

:sign:

@happy tiger said:
Sorry I don't want to be associated with those dirty Scousers , pick any other EPL side

Even Spurs

Blasphemist - You my friend, deserve to walk alone.

Latest posts

Members online

Back