Our forward pack

Tiger_heart

Do we really think that without buying a serious lump of a front rower. our pack has a chance next year? What i saw today is pretty much what we'd expect to see next year, if it stays unchanged, and even with 1 more year experience, teams will still go through us like the proverbial knife thru butter..

no i don't think our pack stands a chance next year.
we don't have enough forwards who like to work out of our end ,so potters solution is to just make the backs do it every set.because he won't drop them ever.

If we have halves who can capitalize on our forwards work, earn repeat sets at appropriate times and get good kick metres I think we will see improvement.

As of right now they are on a hiding to nothing

I think we will be fine next year. Blair has been good since he moved to the middle of the field, Galloway is still finding his feet after injuries, Woods is out injured, Fulton and Farah bring good value, Sue is getting better and sironen will be great in the backrow next year

@Boonboon2 said:
I think we will be fine next year. Blair has been good since he moved to the middle of the field, Galloway is still finding his feet after injuries, Woods is out injured, Fulton and Farah bring good value, Sue is getting better and sironen will be great in the backrow next year

Still unsure - usually, it takes one big forward (even a has been like Fui Fui) to cut through us..and Fulton / Big red will also be 1 year older, which counts at this stage of their career..

@bonstonker said:
no i don't think our pack stands a chance next year.
we don't have enough forwards who like to work out of our end ,so potters solution is to just make the backs do it every set.because he won't drop them ever.

this is one thing that frustrates me

if we get a 20m tap or a tap in our own danger zone, invariably it is Fulton or Simona taking the first hit up

what's wrong with Sue, BMM or Thompson taking that first hit up?

anyway I don't know, if Taupau and Gavet can come into the team with some starch, we might be OK. We were missing Woods today.

I think more of our defensive weakness is from Benji, Anasta and our positioning in the centres

The channel 9 commentators said it all today - "the Titans have realised that there is no one in the Tiger's side that is going to hurt them".

@smeghead said:
If we have halves who can capitalize on our forwards work, earn repeat sets at appropriate times and get good kick metres I think we will see improvement.

As of right now they are on a hiding to nothing

@Tiger_heart said:
Do we really think that without buying a serious lump of a front rower. our pack has a chance next year? What i saw today is pretty much what we'd expect to see next year, if it stays unchanged, and even with 1 more year experience, teams will still go through us like the proverbial knife thru butter..

It's been like that all year..you just noticed today ? No big Forwards no halfback same story all year.

Potter plays a small pack of plodders. Some of these guys have never made an impact at junior level but somehow they are good enough for NRL every week.

I would like Potter to explain why Matt Groat an Australian schoolboys rep and an under 20's SOO player hasn't been given a chance this year.

bell coming back from injury will help. think he is playing NSW cup to make sure he is ready before hitting the NRL pitch but surly he can't do any worse then what was on display today.

We can't be too harsh on these guys really, they've been thrown in early and expected to perform whether they've got what it takes I'm not sure yet, I think sue has. But our biggest problem is that our forwards don't work as a pack, they're a bunch of individuals. In saying that if we can keep Galloway and woods on the field next year and the rest start working as a pack and our halves can bring a kicking game anything is possible I suppose but they're all big ifs.

@Milky said:
We should try steal some from ESL

i wouldnt be suprised if this is what's going on behind closed doors…

we are clearing alot of players, so obviously recruiting would also be also on the cards.

@Flippedy said:
The channel 9 commentators said it all today - "the Titans have realised that there is no one in the Tiger's side that is going to hurt them".

This is where it's at bottom line,no use blaming individuals the whole forward pack is not up to it overall , there are a few but reality bites the club HAS to sign some big ugly powerhouses that the opposition fear until then just pussie cats.

@Flippedy said:

Yeah that comment hurt me too! James was especially damaging - had no respect for our pack; I really wanted someone to smash him.

Can't wait for **Taupau** and **Gavet** to be unleashed next year - both have real mongrel. **BMM** can and should be a part of that too.

PL

Maybe I'm trying too hard to find something positive in all this, but I thought that today BMM showed signs that he could yet be the player we've all hoped he could be. Or did I just imagine that?

@Tigesla said:
Maybe I'm trying too hard to find something positive in all this, but I thought that today BMM showed signs that he could yet be the player we've all hoped he could be. Or did I just imagine that?

No you didn't - I thought so too! He's got it, just can't harness it when he needs to. Saw a bit of that spark today.

PL

@Boonboon2 said:

Yes, yes, yes and yes!

Totally agree, and we are getting that big unit from the bulldogs!

The forwards showed what they can do against the Storm, the Storm didn't play bad, we just dominated.

We also had Manly on the back foot a few times with strong running from the forwards!

They said today Siro jnr has never had an off season in the gym due to injury, the guys already strong as an ox, imagine what he will bring next year with a full off season in the gym and only 20!
Impact plus me thinks!

@Flippedy said:

I have been saying this for years and years. Our pack has always been lacking in any sort of intimidation. Semanufagai and Sue have a bit of mongrel but we need more. We need at least one boofhead like JWH or a hard hitter like Nigel Plum who make the opposition think twice about running it up the guts.

@stryker said:
@Flippedy said:

I have been saying this for years and years. Our pack has always been lacking in any sort of intimidation. Semanufagai and Sue have a bit of mongrel but we need more. We need at least one boofhead like JWH or a hard hitter like Nigel Plum who make the opposition think twice about running it up the guts.

…wouldn't mind Benny Matulino either...

PL

Staff online

Back