Origin 2022

NSW played poorly... QLD played well...

But 1 question I have is how on earth did Tino F stay on the field?
Should have been in the sin bin in 1st half for high shot on Burton.
Then 3rd man in on a fight which he then escalates by placing Burton in a headlock while being punched by Gagai.

Anyone?
If he did that playing for us, he'd be rubbed out of the game, so, yes, he should've been made to walk.

Yes I thought Angus worked his ring off. Funny how people see things differently. I thought he was one of our best. That's footy. Not picking Wighton was a massive error by Freddy.
Angus tried his guts out, but missed tackles, made mistakes and was clearly off his best.

Angus tried his guts out, but missed tackles, made mistakes and was clearly off his best.
A Crichton, Cleary, Tupou, Talakai, S Crichton, Cook and Martin were all way below their best. I wouldn't say that they played shit though. They played really good but Queensland's 1-17 played probably one of the best games of their lives.

I don't get why we all gotta shit on the players who lost. NSW getting kicked but seriously they got beaten by 1 try where every single Queenslander played better than they ever have.

It happens! Let's enjoy the game.

the game went 80 mins.
NSW won the first 40, Qld did their usual Lang Park and won the last 40.
It's a mindset.

Brandy on NRL 360 talking about Nathan Cleary not being able to kick well off the back foot in origin 3. Sounding familiar?

Interesting hearing them talk on NRL 360 and the way Cleary gets supported. Luaia cops it as he should. They were both terrible.

100%.
Cotter, Nanai, Carrigan, Gilbert, Grant, Collins all played well and will be in the side for ages.
He didn't drop a single person all series.

The only change he made was Carrigan starting ahead of Tino in Game 3. All other changes were forced.

You can only buy into the "next man up" mentality if the coaches believe in it too.

There was always a debate about which team is better: early 2000s Blues or the Maroons Dynasty. I think this series puts the debate to rest.

The DCE kicking game was one for the ages. Absolutely killed Tupou in the second half.

I always knew that if Maroons contain To'o, they win. Not sure how many metres he made but he had a couple of good runs but was mostly kept in check. Once the two wingers were shut, NSW didn't have the forward power.

NSW went in with the same game plan as Game 2 but they stupidly didn't realise that QLD will get better.

Apart from being a dog act, isn't a headlock attacking the head of a player? Should have been binned imo.
I know this is a hypothetical statement but what would have happened if Burton sustained a serious neck injury....would action have been taken then?
Yeah, it was wrong on so many fronts and that on top of the fact he was lucky not to get a rest for his swinging arm earlier in the match.

The game cannot allow such crap with so much knowledge out there on the damage that it causes.

Sure, we all get a bit pissed at some penalties for the fingertip type of contact, but Tino had a cocked arm attacking the head of a player and then puts another in a full on headlock so his teammate can pound on him.

Yeah, it was wrong on so many fronts and that on top of the fact he was lucky not to get a rest for his swinging arm earlier in the match.

The game cannot allow such crap with so much knowledge out there on the damage that it causes.

Sure, we all get a bit pissed at some penalties for the fingertip type of contact, but Tino had a cocked arm attacking the head of a player and then puts another in a full on headlock so his teammate can pound on him.
Some of the NSW forwards should have ran in boots and all instead of joining the love-in.
NSW lost the game after that.

Back