Onitoni Large

It's interesting, we are so stocked at 6 right now, and thats assuming Laui comes to play 7. I'd be surprised if Onitoni stays with the rugby interest an no doubt from other clubs given the lack of halves in the game. Galvin has already been agitating for a release.

Richardson himself said exactly this,

“No kid will leave a club if he thinks he’s going to be the halfback in three years’ time.

“[But] he’ll leave the club when that shuts off to him. So when you bring players in, you’ve got to think what opportunities you’re blocking off for the kids coming through.

“And if you do that, and you allow for that in your planning, those kids will stay with you and that’s where you’ll get your loyalty. But Wests don’t do that, they want the big hit. That’s why they get beat every week.”
times are a changing,think the club have realized its foolish ways ,and is sorting out its mess

Hope the new management does whatever it can to hold onto a much junior talent as it can. Laui should play 7. Then the 6 will be up for grabs.

Hope the new management does whatever it can to hold onto a much junior talent as it can. Laui should play 7. Then the 6 will be up for grabs.
I think the club will do as much as we can to keep them by using positional changes, inclusion in NRL Top 30 and sell some of them the opportunity of taking over in the halves down the track (when they would still only be low to mid 20s).

However, it will come down to how flexible and patient the players (and more so player managers) are.

I think the club will do as much as we can to keep them by using positional changes, inclusion in NRL Top 30 and sell some of them the opportunity of taking over in the halves down the track (when they would still only be low to mid 20s).

However, it will come down to how flexible and patient the players (and more so player managers) are.
I think this will be the thing. Players who are dominant junior halves (like Fainu, Galvin and Large), given the shortage in the NRL, will most likely have multiple opportunities at other clubs. Positional changes may not satisfy both them and their agents (apparently the reason Galvin wants out) We won't be able to keep them all so maybe we think strategically and look now for a swap deal to suit ourselves. Eg. Swap a Galvin now (assuming he wants out, before he walks) to a club that has the best young centre in the game.

I think this will be the thing. Players who are dominant junior halves (like Fainu, Galvin and Large), given the shortage in the NRL, will most likely have multiple opportunities at other clubs. Positional changes may not satisfy both them and their agents (apparently the reason Galvin wants out) We won't be able to keep them all so maybe we think strategically and look now for a swap deal to suit ourselves. Eg. Swap a Galvin now (assuming he wants out, before he walks) to a club that has the best young centre in the game.
Galvin doesn't want out though.

Sorry over "junior talent" being the 'next best thing'.

If your playing supercoach, sure it's great.
If your a NRL side, someone GREAT in Reggie's usually goes average in first grade.

Sorry over "junior talent" being the 'next best thing'.

If your playing supercoach, sure it's great.
If your a NRL side, someone GREAT in Reggie's usually goes average in first grade.
Right, so rather than secure the best junior we've possibly ever had(including Benji and Teddy) you'd rather just stick with the toa's and nadens because your 'over' something we haven't even done for a decade now (focus on junior development)?! How can you be over something we've only just begun, especially when it's something all the elite clubs do exceptional well?

How many 16 year olds do you think train with NRL squads? You'd be hard pressed finding any.

Right, so rather than secure the best junior we've possibly ever had(including Benji and Teddy) you'd rather just stick with the toa's and nadens because your 'over' something we haven't even done for a decade now (focus on junior development)?! How can you be over something we've only just begun, especially when it's something all the elite clubs do exceptional well?

How many 16 year olds do you think train with NRL squads? You'd be hard pressed finding any.
I won't buy into the hype till he scores a try in First grade.....

too much dissapointment as a Tigers fan.

I won't buy into the hype till he scores a try in First grade.....

too much dissapointment as a Tigers fan.
But again, the only players we've ever had with anywhere near the same level hype as him are Benji, brooks, Moses and Teddy. Even then he's higher rated than they were.
And we haven't had any really promising juniors since the big 4. The first wave have only just started becoming part of the system, Galvin, laulilii, miller, Fainu etc

Latest posts

Back