TEAM LIST Official Wests Tigers team vs Canberra

Team List
View attachment 2461

Wests Tigers have named a 22-man squad for Sunday's Round 25 match against Canberra Raiders at Leichhardt Oval.

1. Daine Laurie — sponsored by Firebox
2. Brent Naden — sponsored by Waterview
3 Starford To'a — sponsored by Macdonald Education
4. Luke Garner — sponsored by Club Menangle
5. Ken Maumalo — sponsored by Kwikflo Group
6. Adam Doueihi — sponsored by UBW
7. Jock Madden — sponsored by Brae Group
8. James Tamou (c) — sponsored by The Meat Man
9. Jake Simpkin — sponsored by Momenta Advisors
10. Joe Ofahengaue — sponsored by APN Compounding
11. Thomas Freebairn — sponsored by Murray Kennedy Real Estate
12. Kelma Tuilagi — sponsored by Exclusive Estate Agents
13. Fa'amanu Brown — sponsored by Spectrum Pools & Spas

14. Fonua Pole — sponsored by Waterview
15. Zane Musgrove — sponsored by Australian Track Services
16. Tyrone Peachey — sponsored by PWA
17. Austin Dias — sponsored by Leumeah Shopping Centre

18. Jacob Liddle — sponsored by Raine and Horne Concord & Strathfield
19. Junior Pauga — sponsored by Wests Tigers Foundation
20. James Roberts — sponsored by Wests Tigers Foundation
21. Henry O'Kane — sponsored by Wests Tigers Foundation
22. Brandon Webster-Mansfield — sponsored by Wests Tigers Foundation

There are a number of changes for the team's final game of the season, including the return of captain James Tamou (suspension).

Luke Garner has been named in the centres after missing last weekend's loss to the Dragons (concussion).

Winger Ken Maumalo, who was also injured against the Roosters (groin), returns to the side, as does Tyrone Peachey.
🤮

Very disappointed in the "Noddy era" as I thought it would be a great chance to try a few things. Instead, he has been ultra conservative.

Naden was brought here to be a center...today a perfect chance to play him there.

Laurie won't make it as a FB IMO...too small and absolutely no idea defensively or how to organise a line. He was a half coming through, why not try him at 7 today and at least see how he goes.

Madden is leaving...gone...absolutely zero point playing him today.

We could have tried a few combos today. Instead, we are playing everyone who is leaving / some gave up trying ages ago yet still get picked.

Laurie won't make it as a FB IMO...too small and absolutely no idea defensively or how to organise a line. He was a half coming through, why not try him at 7 today and at least see how he goes.
If he can't organise, wouldn't he struggle at 7?

I mean organise a defensive line...a FB needs to be great at defensive reads and Laurie can't do it.

6. AD
7 Laurie
13 Hastings

Could possibly work...Hastings the organiser, Laurie the big plays and running game.

He was a half all his junior footy.

Maybe it would not work...I just thought today is the day to take a look. Madden is gone...why even play him?

I mean organise a defensive line...a FB needs to be great at defensive reads and Laurie can't do it.

6. AD
7 Laurie
13 Hastings

Could possibly work...Hastings the organiser, Laurie the big plays and running game.

Maybe it would not work...I just thought today is the day to take a look. Madden is gone...why even play him?
Best news we have had for weeks , madden leaving , now let’s wait till next season to see how many 1st grade games he gets .

6. AD
7 Laurie
13 Hastings

I like the lateral thinking wish our coaches had some
Re Laurie cant fault him for effort but his small frame gets pummelled and doesn't seem to do any directing of the backline . He is small and quick why not see how he goes at half
Another thought I've always thought is why couldn't Nofoaloma make a good fullback .Good hands ,good under high ball and good at bringing the ball back and a more solid build less likely to get bashed around like Laurie does

Best news we have had for weeks , madden leaving , now let’s wait till next season to see how many 1st grade games he gets .
Well, Jock has (literally) signed up to play State Cup for the next two years and maybe get 2-3 games when Cleary plays Origin. Even those are not guaranteed as Panthers have some very good kids below who will likely go past Madden quickly.

The fact Jock has taken the Panther's offer basically = he had no other offers.

Good question. I think Ellery was referring to a fb in defence as opposed to a hb in attack.
Laurie has no desire in defence but he loves playing with the ball. I would have played him in the halves as soon as Madden was tapped on the shoulder. But then again, perhaps Laurie has been unable to get a re-signing?

Yep, it would top off a great day!
Given the weight of expectation against us, injuries, loans and every other conceivable disadvantage, it would rank as a historic victory in club annuls.

I also want to send Brett off as a winner given his tumultuous and unlucky era.

No tommorrow boys, let’s do this.

How many real first grade players will we have left after the shreding process?

6. AD
7 Laurie
13 Hastings

I’ve been pushing for Laurie at 6 but I think now we know Brooks is staying any other plans out the window.
Unless AD and Jacko leave it will be LB 7 AD6 and JH 13. And DL 1.

Back