Official: Esan leaving

BalmainJnr

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2019/10/10/esan-marsters-to-depart-wests-tigers/
![0EE7A33B-C7B0-4B81-8A73-501CA8BA9047.jpeg](/assets/uploads/files/1570691031266-0ee7a33b-c7b0-4b81-8a73-501ca8ba9047.jpeg)

Wests Tigers have today confirmed that Esan Marsters will depart the club ahead of the 2020 NRL season.

Marsters has been released from the final year of his playing contract with Wests Tigers to take up a long-term opportunity with another NRL club.

The 23-year-old made his first-grade debut for Wests Tigers in Round 13 of the 2017 season and has gone on to play 61 games for the club since, scoring 17 tries.

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe thanked Marsters for his commitment to the club and wished him well in the future.

“On behalf of everyone at the club, I’d like to thank Esan for his contribution to Wests Tigers,” Pascoe said.

“We were able to give Esan his first-grade debut several years ago and it’s been pleasing to see him grow and contribute in numerous ways since then.

“This new long-term deal is a great opportunity for him and we wish both he and his partner Isabelle all the best in the future.”

@StarswithStripes said in [Esan leaving](/post/1070488) said:
Does that mean we are about to announce the signing of an outside back?

Yeh probably getting Rankin back on a 5 year deal, seriously though I hope its Lomax

Joining Cowboys (NRL.com)

Wow this is honestly becoming a depressing off season, matto turned and now masters...two of our most talented players....such a shame.....unless latrell walks on in....then masters who

I wonder if this means that we have signed Jesse Ramien...Good move by the Tigers letting Esan go.

@BalmainJnr said in [Esan leaving](/post/1070495) said:
@WT2K said in [Esan leaving](/post/1070492) said:

The whispers were correct

Yep. Must be another centre coming in. If not, it'll be Mbye and Momirovski pairing for 2020.

@WT2K said in [Esan leaving](/post/1070499) said:

Yep. Must be another centre coming in. If not, it'll be Mbye and Momirovski pairing for 2020.

Lomax ?

@BalmainJnr said in [Esan leaving](/post/1070500) said:
@WT2K said in [Esan leaving](/post/1070499) said:

Lomax ?

Who I'm thinking it is too.

The swinging doors of the NRL clubs. Sign of the times.
Good luck to Esan. Real hot conditions up in Townsville if he is off to the Cowboys - will defintitely test his fitness level.

I am happy with that. He would be on 400k easily. The wording of the article means we aren’t paying a dime. Matterson leaving as well frees up 350k.

Thats 750k free.

If Matulino retires, thats another 650k.

Looking at 1.35mil free space...

Members online

Back