Nostalgia

I used to watch that with my Nan, too! And the Dave Allen Show. Lovely memories 💖
Like everyone’s Nan, my Nana was the greatest. A real character you could write a book on. Her first husband die of C in his 40’s I think, and she struggled with 4 kids and would be in any kind of extra curricular activity to make money. So she had some stories.
One story- Nans second husband was the tattooed man of the 60’s. Apparently he used to work as some kind of dude at a tattoo shop and in his budgies you couldn’t fit a penny anywhere on his body without it touching a tattoo. He won the lottery and did a runner the prick. Nan played the lottery for the rest of life and died without a cent to her name. The lottery is doing well though, and the tattooed man, well he died poor too.

Maybe not now but this thread is called nostalgia not classics. Greg Jordan is a gun aussie director, and Heath was an incredible actor.
Heath Ledger no longer with us and sadly missed, not sure if you can say the same for the mono rail.

A lot of people are unaware that there were 2 series of only 6 episodes in each series, the first series being first aired in 1975 and that there was actually a 4 year break until the second series was aired in 1979.

Such wonderful and politically incorrect comedy that is just as good today as it was nearly 50 years ago.

Unfortunately in this politically correct world that we live in today, it is highly unlikely that we will ever see anything like again, such a shame.

Back