16. Twal
17. Sione Fainu (if fit)/Matamua

This except Kapaoa to start for Seyfarth

I thought Seyfarth brought some impact last week and we need it off the bench

Maybe even start Twal and bring Klemmer off the bench

This except Kapaoa to start for Seyfarth

I thought Seyfarth brought some impact last week and we need it off the bench

Maybe even start Twal and bring Klemmer off the bench
Yeah I was touch and go with Kepaoa or Seyfarth to start. Just feel like Dragons will be physical early and I think Seyfarth will handle that better than Kepaoa. Both to play decent minutes this week with Seyfarth playing some time in the middle aswell I reckon.

Dragons will be a tough game. They are going to try & beat us with size & hard running.

This is not the game to add defenders like Kepaoa & Matamua who are not traditionally strong defenders.

Sukkar might be a limited attacking player, but holds up in defence. I'd put him on Sullivan's side because Seyfarth got steamrolled in the trial beside Sullivan.

Missing Galvin showed quickly. Sullivan was not creative enough, particularly once Api came off, clearly carrying an injury & also backing up after 2 monster efforts.

TDS instead of Simpkin, because TDS offers another attacking dimension when he comes on. That way, you can rest Api without fearing that we will just spin the wheels.

Might be a good game to start Twal at #13.

Pole, Sione Fainu, Seyfarth as the rotational forwards.

I don’t see an NRL player in Sukkar especially as a nrl backrower he would get eaten alive.
I think Sukkar will eat you alive you gronk. Best defender they got and when ever they give him the ball he has solid runs and puts his body on the line. Don’t know what games you have been watching. He will be the next second rower in first grade. Got a big heart that kid.

I've said it a few times- Benji can't get the good young players on the field fast enough. It doesn't have to be extended periods, weeks or even minutes. But these good young guys need blooding. The forwards will take longer & can be relied on less I would imagine, but if we go into next season with guys like Sukkar, Lualili'i, Fa'agutu & Sam Fainu all having contributed to some degree, the quality of the pack improves the day we bring Luai into the fold...

If Bateman, Galvin, the Fainu's etc are out- are we not better off having Sukkar play alongside Klemmer, Ice, Api etc than Kepaoa? What we need from Kepaoa is evidence he's improving enough to be in the squad.

The young guys need the experience.

1. Bula
2. Tupou
3. Olam
4. Faatape
5. Staines
6. Sullivan
7. Sezer
8. Stef
9. Api
10. Klemmer
11. Ice
12. Kepaoa
13. Pole

14. Simpkin
15. Twal
16. Seyfarth
17. Matamua

Don’t really want Bud or AJ in the team but very limited choices this week.

I've said it a few times- Benji can't get the good young players on the field fast enough. It doesn't have to be extended periods, weeks or even minutes. But these good young guys need blooding. The forwards will take longer & can be relied on less I would imagine, but if we go into next season with guys like Sukkar, Lualili'i, Fa'agutu & Sam Fainu all having contributed to some degree, the quality of the pack improves the day we bring Luai into the fold...

If Bateman, Galvin, the Fainu's etc are out- are we not better off having Sukkar play alongside Klemmer, Ice, Api etc than Kepaoa? What we need from Kepaoa is evidence he's improving enough to be in the squad.

The young guys need the experience.
100% agree with you there. They need to start bleeding these young players soon and get some more game time to be ready for next season or any injuries we may sustain. You need to start that process now to be ready and not wait to long. I also like your idea of Klemer doing some more mentoring during game time for some of our younger forwards and really help get that aggression out of them.

Reactions: BZN
I’m leaning towards dropping Tupou. He’s good for one, maybe two bullocking runs per game and then it’s all heart in mouth stuff. Loose carries, will he play the ball correctly, will he catch the high ball (if he attempts it !) and I swear Stefano is faster than him in the clear. I have no problem picking players who are going to leave, but he doesn’t warrant it (and frankly can’t see who he’ll displace at the dolphins). Naden his replacement.
Bateman to the bench to try and impact against tiring forwards, is offering nothing as a starter. Seyfarth to his edge, has redeemed himself.

I think Sukkar will eat you alive you gronk. Best defender they got and when ever they give him the ball he has solid runs and puts his body on the line. Don’t know what games you have been watching. He will be the next second rower in first grade. Got a big heart that kid.

He should eat me alive if he wants to play any grade. If he is next second rower picked then guess we will find out on Tuesday with the injuries we have and bench spots up for grabs. I doubt it.

I reckon this is Sullivan’s last go at starting at 6.

His D is woeful.

Not chasing back against the dolphins for first try was carbon copy of raiders game

At least he got better the game went on

I hope he plays well so we can flick him!!!!

Definitely a good 14 for a team… we just don’t need him next year so hopefully someone sees value in him

1. Bula
2. Staines
3. Faataape
4. Olam
5. Tupou
6. Sullivan
7. Sezer
8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Klemmer
11. Papali’i
12. Seyfarth
13. Matamua

14. Simpkin
15. Pole
16. Twal
17. Kepaoa

no choice but to play Bud with Galvin and Latu out. would be moving Pole to the bench to compensate for the lack of legspeed and impact with Sammy out. Kepaoa worryingly fills jersey 17 and will likely push Seyfarth to the middle when he gets on.

interestingly Porter was pulled out of Cup today. might be something going on there.

Last edited:
I’m leaning towards dropping Tupou. He’s good for one, maybe two bullocking runs per game and then it’s all heart in mouth stuff. Loose carries, will he play the ball correctly, will he catch the high ball (if he attempts it !) and I swear Stefano is faster than him in the clear. I have no problem picking players who are going to leave, but he doesn’t warrant it (and frankly can’t see who he’ll displace at the dolphins). Naden his replacement.
Bateman to the bench to try and impact against tiring forwards, is offering nothing as a starter. Seyfarth to his edge, has redeemed himself.

Yea, plus while Tupou is a 'junior' and his defense will improve at the fins...
He made Nofo look good at defense!

I think we should keep the squad as close to the squad that has been performing as possible. Otherwise I would drop Tupou for Naden on the wing.

Doubt Benji is going to drop players after. getting beat in a game where effort was shown and prior to that had two good performances - that's not how a coach gets the best from a squad in a long season. He is already short of players due to injury and suspension. Players will need to be brought in to replace those that are not available.

They’re all tough games for us, but this one in particular will be a tough battle. Dragons have a solid hardworking pack vs Api and Utoikamanu. We’re not gonna win these games with one prop. We proved that in all the time Woods carried the pack.

I'd be tempted to drop Faatape for Naden. Faatape is okay in attack, but defensively he needs a lot of work.

I think there is already enough change in the squad so I wouldn't do it this week, plus it gives Naden another game in NSW Cup to prove he's not going to have a brain explosion.

Both Fainu’s will be out, Latu did his hamstring.
Bateman might be ok pending protocols.

Looks like AJ & maybe a rookie forward will get a call up.
Hasn't taken long for our lack of depth in various positions to be highlighted, and as far as our current "embarrassment of riches" in the halves as some have been putting it been proved to be a fallacy.

Galvin suspended and Latu so far playing limited minutes or out altogether leaves us with a halves pairing of Sezer and Bud Sullivan, the later player many on the forum want gone 5 games into the season.

It's an embarrassment alright.

I don’t think you can say our lack of depth is highlighted until we lose games because of those positions replaced. Galvin wasn’t in most peoples reckoning before round 1.

Back