Naiqama - Re-Signs till 2018..

Tigermars

Warrington Wolves Table Offer to Wests Tigers Star!

Super League club the Warrington Wolves have reportedly tabled Wests Tigers winger Kevin Naiqama whose contract is set to expire at season’s end.

The Wests Tigers impressive recruitment drive over the last month, which has seen the club sign, Mahe Fonua, Tuimoala Lolohea, Corey Thompson and Malakai Watene-Zelezniak, is expected to force Naiqama from the club.

Naiqama, 28, turned down a contract extension that the Tigers offered him at the end of the 2016 season, a 2-year extension that would have kept him at the club until the end of the 2019 season.

It is long believed that Naiqama has been keen to try his hand at Super League and experience living in England.

Kevin is expected now to follow in his older brothers footsteps, Wes Naiqama, who joined the London Broncos in 2015 after 121 games in the NRL.

The Warrington Wolves are rumoured to have offered Naiqama a 2-year contract worth around £150,000 ($250,000 AU) per season.

Warrington head coach Tony Smith, wants to desperately improve the Wolves attack, something that has been lacking in 2017.

The Wolves are also believed to be chasing Penrith Panther utility back Peta Hiku, a deal that may happen before the June 30th deadline.

Naiqama is expected to make a decision on his playing future within the coming weeks, but it is expected 2017 will be his last season at the Tigers, after making 60 appearances for the Tigers and scoring 25 tries since joining the club at the end of the 2014 season.

EDIT…Articles need to be sourced.. http://www.5thtackle.com/warrington-wolves-table-offer-to-wests-tigers-star/ ..5thtackle

I'll pack his bags and drive him to the airport. Hell I'll even shout him lunch before his flight. Just as long as he gets on that plane!

@ said:
I'll pack his bags and drive him to the airport. Hell I'll even shout him lunch before his flight. Just as long as he gets on that plane!

A bit harsh, he's always conducted himself in a professional manner at the club. His defence is absolutely woeful and he's not up to an NRL standard anymore unfortunately. He'd be nuts not to take the $$$.

@ said:
@ said:

A bit harsh, he's always conducted himself in a professional manner at the club. His defence is absolutely woeful and he's not up to an NRL standard anymore unfortunately. He'd be nuts not to take the $$$.

Yeah fair point. But his defence…....

He's alright as a winger, defensively also. I've seen far worse wingers for Wests Tigers over the years - loads of them in fact.

For a bloke who was a fringe FGer and only played 23 FG games before we signed him, he's posted 60 with us and done well.

Nice kid, but as everyone else has mentioned…...his defense :frowning: If he can pull a big pay day in England go for it. He will probably have very limited opportunities going forward with the Tigers

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Yeah fair point. But his defence…....

Yep. It's abysmal.

Cleary is clearing the decks of bad defenders Kev, Moses are our worst one on one defenders.
We still have defensive liabilities on the field Brooks, Nofa, Sue and Grant. I wouldn't be surprised if Grant and possibly Sue are released. Nofa must improve as he is a gun with the ball in hand but Brooks has looked way better this year.

@ said:
He's alright as a winger, defensively also. I've seen far worse wingers for Wests Tigers over the years - loads of them in fact.

**For a bloke who was a fringe FGer and only played 23 FG games before we signed him, he's posted 60 with us and done well.**

Highlights just how woeful our roster has been for a few years, bloke of his ability should have never got anywhere near the half century.

Great attacking skills and should never be begrudged for that. Trouble is The Tigers have always been the team that figured as long as they score more points than the opposition then they'll win. Jack Gibson would be a handy signing, but I think Ivan might just be the man. I think his plan is to keep us in the arm wrestle and after that the creative types can do their thing. 2005 is a long time ago. Unfortunately, the rest of this season is unlikely to prepare us for next as so many are gonna be cut. Saw Tim Grant on the Home Site. For a Front Rower he is more articulate than most. And when asked about his future he was very professional. Sadly his style of footy isn't suited to the game today.

Had a great year last year for us. Thanks for everything you've done and good luck in the future kev.

@ said:
@ said:

**For a bloke who was a fringe FGer and only played 23 FG games before we signed him, he's posted 60 with us and done well.**

Highlights just how woeful our roster has been for a few years, bloke of his ability should have never got anywhere near the half century.

Look thru my pictorial player history in the Eisenhuth Debuts thread… So many players that probably wouldn't have had an NRL history elsewhere.. However brief

He doubt he would get an offer like that in the NRL so time to make the move Kevin. Good luck to him but it's time to move on

I loved watching him in attack.
Woeful defensive reads. How many times was he left standing like a signpost?
Best of luck to him in Superleague.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Look thru my pictorial player history in the Eisenhuth Debuts thread… So many players that probably wouldn't have had an NRL history elsewhere.. However brief

You say that but there are nuffies for all sides that may not have, or did not get, a run for other teams.

Even just look at the Roosters since 2005, plenty of nobodies and a few of our rejects:

1050 Adam Schubert 2005
1051 Michael Lett 2005
1057 Charles Tonga 2006–2007
1058 Mark Edmondson 2006
1060 Vince Mellars 2006
1061 Steve Meredith 2006
1062 Lafi Munua 2006
1065 Shaun Foley 2006
1066 Josh Lewis 2006–2007
1073 Willie Brown 2007
1076 Danny Williams 2007
1077 Brent Grose 2008
1078 Riley Brown 2008–2009
1085 Ben Jones 2008–2010
1087 Sonny Tuigamala 2009
1089 Rohan Ahern 2009
1090 Jordan Tansey 2009 7
1091 Nick Kouparitisas 2009–2010
1093 Stanley Waqa 2009
1094 Ray Moujalli 2009
1096 Iwi Hauraki 2009
1097 Khalid Deeb 2009
1104 Dan Fepuleai 2010
1106 Sam Brunton 2010
1107 Jason Baitieri 2010
1111 Jonathan Ford 2010–2011
1116 Steve Naughton 2011
1117 Willie Mataka 2011
1118 Rhys Pritchard 2011
1120 Francis Vaiotu 2011
1122 Mark Kheirallah 2011
1124 Peni Tagive 2012
1125 Jack Bosden 2012
1127 Adam Henry 2012
1128 Nafe Seluini 2012–2013
1136 Michael Oldfield 2013
1139 Samisoni Langi 2013–2014
1141 Remi Casty 2014
1143 Willis Meehan 2014
1145 Jackson Hastings 2014–2016
1156 Joe Burgess 2016
1157 Mitchell Frei 2016
1158 Eloni Vunakece 2016
1163 Chris Smith 2016
1164 Grant Garvey 2016

@ said:
Had a great year last year for us. Thanks for everything you've done and good luck in the future kev.

If last year was a "great" year for him i hate to think what a "bad" year looks like.He was a disgrace last year the worst defensive player i have seen in first grade

Another 5th tackle article.

But anyway, Kev has been a decent player for us over the last couple of years. Yeah theres been a lot of poor defence but, I dont think hes entirely to blame for that. Hes also had quite a few attacking highlights over the years.

I am quite surprised that he turned down a 2 year extension. Im even more surprised that we offered it to him.

Back