Musgrove ready to return against Newcastle

Madge

Damaging prop Zane Musgrove is ready to be unleashed when he returns to action for the first time this season when Wests Tigers face Newcastle Knights at McDonald Jones Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

The Maori representative missed the opening two rounds of the season after copping a two-game suspension for a shoulder charge in the All Stars game.

After serving his suspension, Musgrove is eager to go this weekend as Wests Tigers look for their first win of the season.

“I’m eager and ready to get out there because I was pretty disappointed to miss the opening two rounds,” Musgrove said.

“I feel like I owe it to the team. I trained hard in pre-season and I felt like I let the boys down.”

Musgrove admits it was hard watching on from the sidelines and not being able to help his teammates as they struggled against the Raiders and Roosters.

“I tried to try to prepare the boys as best as I could, but it hurt not being out there. I felt helpless because the boys were doing the tough yards,” he said.

“I feel confident and ready to go. I’m focussed on my job and I’m ready to play my part for the team.”

Wests Tigers skipper James Tamou is looking forward to playing alongside Musgrove in the middle for the first time on Sunday.

Tamou has liked what he’s seen from his fellow middle forward at training and can’t wait to see him out on the field against the Knights.

“He’s been seething through the teeth to get out there. He’s like a caged animal ready to go. He’s ready to be unleashed,” Tamou said.

“He’s ready to go and I can’t wait to play alongside him.

“He brings so much to this team — lots of aggression. In the middle, he connects us a bit more. Zane will bring that for us and I can’t wait to rip in with him.”

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2021/03/24/musgrove-ready-to-be-let-loose-against-newcastle/

@madge said in [Musgrove ready to return against Newcastle](/post/1321699) said:
Damaging prop Zane Musgrove is ready to be unleashed when he returns to action for the first time this season when Wests Tigers face Newcastle Knights at McDonald Jones Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

The Maori representative missed the opening two rounds of the season after copping a two-game suspension for a shoulder charge in the All Stars game.

After serving his suspension, Musgrove is eager to go this weekend as Wests Tigers look for their first win of the season.

“I’m eager and ready to get out there because I was pretty disappointed to miss the opening two rounds,” Musgrove said.

“I feel like I owe it to the team. I trained hard in pre-season and I felt like I let the boys down.”

Musgrove admits it was hard watching on from the sidelines and not being able to help his teammates as they struggled against the Raiders and Roosters.

“I tried to try to prepare the boys as best as I could, but it hurt not being out there. I felt helpless because the boys were doing the tough yards,” he said.

“I feel confident and ready to go. I’m focussed on my job and I’m ready to play my part for the team.”

Wests Tigers skipper James Tamou is looking forward to playing alongside Musgrove in the middle for the first time on Sunday.

Tamou has liked what he’s seen from his fellow middle forward at training and can’t wait to see him out on the field against the Knights.

“He’s been seething through the teeth to get out there. He’s like a caged animal ready to go. He’s ready to be unleashed,” Tamou said.

“He brings so much to this team — lots of aggression. In the middle, he connects us a bit more. Zane will bring that for us and I can’t wait to rip in with him.”

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2021/03/24/musgrove-ready-to-be-let-loose-against-newcastle/

rip in zane...dont get suspended

He pretty much is a new signing have only played 4 or 5 games in the 2 years he’s been here

@madge said in [Musgrove ready to return against Newcastle](/post/1321699) said:
amaging prop Zane Musgrove is ready to be unleashed when he returns to action for the first time this season when Wests Tigers face Newcastle Knights at McDonald Jones Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

Now even I am sick of the fluff articles...

@speed2burn said in [Musgrove ready to return against Newcastle](/post/1321702) said:
Let’s go big unit

I hope "the big unit" adds some mongrel to our pack @Speed2burn, as we certainly didnt have Anyone like that
in our first 2 games.

Didn't Douehi say this same thing almost word for word ..and then didn't show up

Just bloody do it .....man up and perform ....don't tell me you will

Oh God here we go again. Another fluff piece about a player ready to ‘rip in’ because he feels he let the team down, only to go missing again on game day. I really wish they would dispense with all the pre-match rhetoric and just go out and perform as a committed team on game day. These articles only serve to make them look stupid when they don’t do what they say they’re going to do! How many times has it happened now? I’ve lost count.

@spud_murphy said in [Musgrove ready to return against Newcastle](/post/1321736) said:

Oh God here we go again. Another fluff piece about a player ready to ‘rip in’ because he feels he let the team down, only to go missing again on game day. I really wish they would dispense with all the pre-match rhetoric and just go out and perform as a committed team on game day. These articles only serve to make them look stupid when they don’t do what they say they’re going to do! How many times has it happened now? I’ve lost count.

In his few games for us I don't think I've seen him go missing. Pretty confident he will follow up the fluff piece with actual ripping in.

@tilllindemann said in [Musgrove ready to return against Newcastle](/post/1321756) said:
@spud_murphy said in [Musgrove ready to return against Newcastle](/post/1321736) said:

In his few games for us I don't think I've seen him go missing. Pretty confident he will follow up the fluff piece with actual ripping in.

Let’s hope so and let’s hope his teammates do as well, otherwise he’ll be a one man show.

@tilllindemann said in [Musgrove ready to return against Newcastle](/post/1321756) said:

Did you watch the All Stars game? Excluding the shoulder charge I thought he was the best forward on the field.

@upthetigers said in [Musgrove ready to return against Newcastle](/post/1321764) said:

Did you watch the All Stars game? Excluding the shoulder charge I thought he was the best forward on the field.

I remember the commentators saying the same thing

14 runs for 120 odd meters
72 post contact meters (most important stat imo)
46 mins

The only forwards who clocked more were David Fifita and Fisher Harris but they played. Close to 80

@spud_murphy said in [Musgrove ready to return against Newcastle](/post/1321762) said:

Let’s hope so and let’s hope his teammates do as well, otherwise he’ll be a one man show.

Pretty sure Daine Laurie will put in even if no else does.

Members online

Back