Moses Mbye Injury

Fraze23

Playing tonight is quite possibly one of the most selfish acts I've ever seen from a Tigers player. You could see him hobbling down the tunnel when he lead the team out and he walked his first hit up. He should have put his hand up from the start, it looked like he knew he wasn't righr. I'm not sure if Talau was 18th man, but would have been a great time to blood him.

I've lost what little time and/or respect I had for him after that. How he is the skip and someone like Matterson isn't bewilders me.

@Fraze23 I don’t understand the 18th man rule, how does it work. Yes he was 18th man.

@Madge I don't know how it works. But plenty of times over the years you've seen a player injured in the warm-up be replaced by the 18th man. I don't understand why that didn't happen tonight.

@Fraze23 said in [Moses Mbye Injury](/post/1046098) said:
Playing tonight is quite possibly one of the most selfish acts I've ever seen from a Tigers player. You could see him hobbling down the tunnel when he lead the team out and he walked his first hit up. He should have put his hand up from the start, it looked like he knew he wasn't righr. I'm not sure if Talau was 18th man, but would have been a great time to blood him.

I've lost what little time and/or respect I had for him after that. How he is the skip and someone like Matterson isn't bewilders me.

I couldnt agree more.

Disgraceful decision from med staff, coach and player. Any professional club you'd call for accountability and heads to role but this is the Benny Hill Amateur hour Tigers. All those involved will be given an extension and upgrade on their current contracts.

@Fraze23 said in [Moses Mbye Injury](/post/1046112) said:
@Madge I don't know how it works. But plenty of times over the years you've seen a player injured in the warm-up be replaced by the 18th man. I don't understand why that didn't happen tonight.

Tigers are too dumb to use the system

It's not just on the player it's from all the med and coaching staff aswell. Very poor decision but hope it is nothing to serious

@hobbo1 said in [Moses Mbye Injury](/post/1046116) said:
@Fraze23 said in [Moses Mbye Injury](/post/1046112) said:

Tigers are too dumb to use the system

They probably didn't know what to do so they chocked and just run Mbye out there. Seems to be the theme with the Tigers.

Agree. With all the blame of various players on here tonight, surely Mbye would have to be most responsible for our loss. He put us on the back foot right from the start. He was selfish as it was obvious he was in no condition to play. A reserve grade player, whoever it is, would have be better than Mbye for 7 minutes.

@tonza said in [Moses Mbye Injury](/post/1046129) said:

Agree. With all the blame of various players on here tonight, surely Mbye would have to be most responsible for our loss. He put us on the back foot right from the start. He was selfish as it was obvious he was in no condition to play. A reserve grade player, whoever it is, would have be better than Mbye for 7 minutes.

Mbye should really be dragged over the coals for this. He knows his body. The bloody club captain puts a must win game in such jeopardy from the outset. His captaincy should be stripped immediately. Thats not a captains actions to do that to your team. Very weak.

@Madge said in [Moses Mbye Injury](/post/1046106) said:
@Fraze23 I don’t understand the 18th man rule, how does it work. Yes he was 18th man.

A player can be replaced by either of the non playing reserves if injured in the warm up..

In tonight's case either McQueen or Talau could have replaced Mbye..and should have..

Medical and Coaching staff call..

Another black cross for Madge.
1 For making him captain to begin with.
2 For allowing him to take the field.

All players want to play even when injured but considering how important this game was, the coach and medical staff are to blame. The decision should have been taken out of his hands straight away as we basically went into that game with 16 men.
Worst coaching decision this year by Madge.

There seems a problem here and would like to know why Mbye was aloud to start the game ! When it looked as though he was injured . The coach needs to answer this simple question WHY ... I am getting tied of Maguire getting a free run , he likes to talk so start talking and explain why a player that appeared injured was not replaced by a fit player PLEASE EXPLAIN for mine the coaches free ride is over !

@Snake He did answer it in his press conference...

Let’s be honest, it’s not like it lost us the game. We had enough field position to win 2 games. The curse of the season defining game strikes again.

Bah who are all the insta-doctors in here?

Medical professionals assessed him and the coach gave it the thumbs up. It backfired. Player is no more culpable than anyone else in the organisation. There's barely any difference between Mbye having a twinge and Farah getting hurt once the game started.

Or, for that matter, any player carrying a niggle into a match, like Fifita on Friday who was strapped like an old trotter and couldn't complete the match, but they picked him anyway. Or any player who plays with injury over the course of a season, having needles or restricted to light training or huge amounts of pre-game physio or putting off surgery...

Key match yesterday, it is totally reasonable to lean, even on the side of risk, towards playing your best players. Cronk played the GF last year with a broken shoulder and this WAS NOT a masterstroke, it was an extreme calculated risk that could have superbly backfired.

@Chipofftheoldblock said in [Moses Mbye Injury](/post/1046290) said:
Worst coaching decision this year by Madge.

Won't go that far, as there are a few for mine, but having said that, I see it as having been the perfect situation to give Talau a run.

Latest posts

Back