Mental Health Discussion

We will continue to not be competitive for at least another year, and then in 2023 we might start looking good. With this knowledge, I will no longer have any optimistic thoughts for the immediate future, and will simply follow the club in a reduced capacity.

I am sharing this for anyone else is finding it hard to cope at the moment.

My allegiances wont waiver but until the front office is sorted and we figure out some way for the coaching staff and the players to gel (not to mention having a competitive roster), there just isnt a lot of things to be hopeful about.

Wishing you all the best!

@maryst said in [Mental health strategy as a supporter](/post/1406055) said:
We will continue to not be competitive for at least another year, and then in 2023 we might start looking good. With this knowledge, I will no longer have any optimistic thoughts for the immediate future, and will simply follow the club in a reduced capacity.

My allegiances wont waiver but until the front office is sorted and we figure out some way for the coaching staff and the players to gel (not to mention having a competitive roster), there just isnt a lot of things to be hopeful about.

Thanks mate, the best support we have is each other.

Our team isn't showing a lot at the moment, so yes, hang in there however you can, and don't let the lows get to you too much. We'll get to the highs again, eventually, probably, one day, but in the meantime how good was 2005.

@jd-tiger said in [Mental health strategy as a supporter](/post/1406059) said:

Thanks mate, the best support we have is each other.

Our team isn't showing a lot at the moment, so yes, hang in there however you can, and don't let the lows get to you too much. We'll get to the highs again, eventually, probably, one day, but in the meantime how good was 2005.

Agreed

and i prob shot off too early, i think Hastings will definitely change a lot of things for us. There may be potential for next year, but i wont hold my breath just yet!

There are other things in life. It’s okay to get emotional and want this club to get better. But don’t let it consume you.

Great thread...

Too many times the team and poor performance has effected me and I assume others negatively. At times even for days after.

I'm thankful we have a good community on here on the forum where we can share our thoughts as well as our passion for the club- even when they're bad beyond words.

The lads on discord keep me laughing as well but we dont go into detail about that because this is for the forum.

We must keep our expectations low yet remain hopeful.
Hopeful for a better tomorrow, a better future....

I know some on here have taken a disliking to me and have their reasons, that's OK.... but we are all on the same team and I'm always here for a chat.

Any of you legends need a ear or a phone call or whatever, all you gotta do is ask.

I'm sure if .. some how , some way.... you think I'm a d-bag, then some one else would be willing to offer the same kindness.

Good crew on here and despite disagreements with some time to time, I'm sure we all have each other's backs at the end of the day.

Hopefully some brighter days, maybe even... hopefully even... next season.
If not... maybe the one after.

This is life for us Wests Tigers fans.
Chyeaaah adlayzzz

@gnr4life said in [Mental health strategy as a supporter](/post/1406074) said:
There are other things in life. It’s okay to get emotional and want this club to get better. But don’t let it consume you.

It's hard not to get out the pitchforks tho.
Totally agree with you bro

@gnr4life said in [Mental health strategy as a supporter](/post/1406074) said:

Very good advice. Easy to get overly attached (I know I do). Need to take a step back sometimes.

@demps said in [Mental health strategy as a supporter](/post/1406082) said:

I call garbage, you are accepting mediocrity.

why should we accept this?

@the_third said in [Mental health strategy as a supporter](/post/1406580) said:

Of course we don't accept it, but honestly what can we do about it? Leave a couple of comments on social media? Turn up to training and yell at the players and staff? Would good would any of that do

@maryst said in [Mental health strategy as a supporter](/post/1406587) said:

Of course we don't accept it, but honestly what can we do about it? Leave a couple of comments on social media? Turn up to training and yell at the players and staff? Would good would any of that do

I just won't care when I watch. disassociation is healthy right?

@the_third said in [Mental health strategy as a supporter](/post/1406590) said:

Well it's better than expecting miracles

@maryst said in [Mental health strategy as a supporter](/post/1406591) said:
@the_third said in [Mental health strategy as a supporter](/post/1406590) said:

Well it's better than expecting miracles

hahahaha. I don't church so miracles aren't part of me

I have no answers. Can see why some want Maguire gone - easier fix than replacing the squad. I just find it hard to come terms with players who get paid as much or more than better players at better clubs performing so poorly and then get the coach sacked for doing so. How can that possibly effect change at the club when you have players with that mindset impacting on the young players?
I will be glad when the season is over.

@telltails said in [Mental health strategy as a supporter](/post/1406639) said:
I have no answers. Can see why some want Maguire gone - easier fix than replacing the squad. I just find it hard to come terms with players who get paid as much or more than better players at better clubs performing so poorly and then get the coach sacked for doing so. How can that possibly effect change at the club when you have players with that mindset impacting on the young players?
I will be glad when the season is over.

I can’t wait for the season to be over too. Not enjoying the footy at all

Why will things start looking up in 2023? We are an embarrassing rabble. Apart from potential in some lower graders and a COE, no legitimate winners will join the club until Madge is gone. I like him but he stifles our ability to recruit quality. We can't even spend our cap...

@roar_power said in [Mental health strategy as a supporter](/post/1406644) said:

Why will things start looking up in 2023? We are an embarrassing rabble. Apart from potential in some lower graders and a COE, no legitimate winners will join the club until Madge is gone. I like him but he stifles our ability to recruit quality. We can't even spend our cap...

Things will improve if the right changes are made, but they need to be done quickly. At the moment it’s not worth watching them. Embarrassing

I would never. The moment you say you're gold enough is the moment you stop trying.

Can't find help in the city of the helpless.

As always, low expectations but always hopeful.

Don't want to get my hopes up and the same thing happens in the next round.

Go into the game with no expectations ...laugh at the screw ups .....Nofa's attempt to put his foot out and catch the ball I almost fell off the chair along with my young fella in laughter

Then if it turns out differently and we win or look remotely good ...your satisfied .....

Two years ago I would have had the blood running ..excited ....now it was like watching a repeat of Happy Days or MASH lol

@happy_tiger said in [Mental health strategy as a supporter](/post/1406758) said:
Go into the game with no expectations ...laugh at the screw ups .....Nofa's attempt to put his foot out and catch the ball I almost fell off the chair along with my young fella in laughter

Then if it turns out differently and we win or look remotely good ...your satisfied .....

X2

During the storm game i had a great time...i lost it when nelson went over from dummy half and also when talau provided a try assist

@thedaboss said in [Mental health strategy as a supporter](/post/1406759) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Mental health strategy as a supporter](/post/1406758) said:

X2

During the storm game i had a great time...i lost it when nelson went over from dummy half and also when talau provided a try assist

Like when it was 10-0 ...EB and I had a bet who could pick the closest score .....he picked 54-4 ...I had it 58-10 ...how many minutes until the Dragons score next ...how many sets of six until the score next ...like the scrum at 32-16 ...how many tackles until souths score

Mock the fools

Forgot one ...how many ebbs and flows in the press conferences

Back