Madge Maguire - Mega Thread

They had zero idea what to do...that is all on the coach.

I tried to say let's wait for these 3, but it is over.

Anyone who does not think so is delusional.

I have watched footy 40 plus years and that is the most clueless performance I have ever seen.

Throw in the most heartless (Tommy's game) and you have got the quinella. Clueless and heartless. We have regressed to a 30% team under Madge.

It has to end. Please, just walk Madge. Dignified, thanks for your efforts...walk.

the only coach to bring us backwards and downwards each year. can't adapt to the new style and new rules of the game these days.... ciaoooo

@cqtiger said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1426408) said:
I’d be 100% behind Maguire if our team were showing signs of getting better defensively.

The one indisputable fact is that we are getting worse.

We are now in that part of the draw where everyone is saying we will get a few wins. I’m not as confident.

And so soon

![index.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1627639068965-index.jpg)

Only this man can save us

I'd just ask Stefano and Laurie who they way want to coach. Really they are the only two guys in on an ever shrinking list of players I would feed.

We used to be known as an unpredictable team, sometimes putting on a great performance, sometimes not. This year has been our most consistent performance for sure. It was pretty easy to predict results

@dwight-schrute said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1431151) said:
Uncoached.

Out coached. Nathan Brown stacked his bench knowing we are at our poorest either side of half time.

@demps said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1431087) said:
#Sacked.

Dark day for the club.
Pitiful.

No words.

You would hope so, that was worse than anything we have dished up all year, Madge can’t stay. He has failed and failed miserably

@imback said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1427162) said:
@tiger-ferret said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1427161) said:
@yeahcaz said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1427156) said:
@imback said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1427155) said:
@tiger-ferret said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1427154) said:
@yeahcaz said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1426467) said:
If we lose this week, Maguire has to go.

The warriors are missing a stupid amount of players and have lost 7 in a row with their last win coming against, you guessed it, us.

This game is more worrying than the manly game tbh and if we lose, heads need to roll.

Fair enough but using this logic, what happens to Madge if we win?

We are 2 centres and a second rower short of an already borderline first grade side. Sacking him now makes no difference.

I firmly believe our recruitment is currently going through a paradigm shift that players and managers need to get on board with. Tigers are no longer the push overs for the retirement and 2nd string signing contracts.

Well said.

I think we need to persevere with Madge.

The guy is passionate. We’re going to be cashed up at the end of the year with a number of oxygen thief’s being shown the door.

He needs that chance as much. Anyone who thinks a new coach will come in and spark the players immediately are kidding. And Flanagan at the guy. He just after a pay check abs it’s easy to try to white ant Madge.

Too bad he’s going to have all the money in the world with no one to spend it on

But is it not a step in the right direction from having no money and underperforming players on long contracts that no other club wants?

Exactly. I just don’t see how getting rid of Maguire will change things.

I would be investing in the best defensive assistant you can find.

3 years in charge. The team has gotten worse over the 3 years. It is time to change the coach. No professional sport in the world would not be looking at changing the coach after 3 years when he cannot get results. You always take a chance on a new coach , but he could also turn things around. I don't believe things will change with Madge in charge.

@jayt said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1431201) said:
We used to be known as an unpredictable team, sometimes putting on a great performance, sometimes not. This year has been our most consistent performance for sure. It was pretty easy to predict results

Blore was very good. 100% tackles...covered his edge all day. Ran great lines (but the 7 did not see him).

Stefano and Blore.

@swordy said in [Madge Maguire \- Mega Thread](/post/1333571) said:
Im not saying sack the coach just yet. He deserves to watch this crap just like the rest of us.

The team does not have a single leader or motivator.

Every single player today, including the coaching stuff, should apologise, hang their heads and look for alternative employment.

I can handle being substandard because its a tough comp, you wont win always. But as a fan and a member, I deserve commitment. I deserve the players at least trying, effort, give your best.

Today i got zero. Even the tries we scored looked accidental.

Pathetic. Im out. Wont be a member next year Im afraid.

Our whole family have 12 memberships if Maguire is the coach next season we are out .. it takes two sides to make a commitment and we have had a gut full of giving they can get stuffed ! New coach we stay on ..,

Staff online

Back