Luke Brooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
@earl said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1423746) said:
Brooks is our most consistent player.

Brooks our most consistent?! Crikey why don't we just change the name of this thread to the "I love Luke Brooks unconditionally" ???

Twal is consistent.
Tamou is consistent.
Nofo is consistent.

Whether you think they are consistently good or consistently crap is another thing.

But calling Brooks consistent? Seriously??? Consistent for one half of footy maybe. He wasn't even good in the first half against the Broncos! I'll admit he came good though! So, he was consistent for 40 mins. Hooray!

Brooks must have to be the most inconsistent of all of our players. 1 game he's good, 3 games meh. That is his MO. Has been for 8 years. If you wanna call that "consistent" then I'd agree with you. The only consistent about him is his inconsistency. Maybe that aptly represents the Tigers, but it is his Tigers after all.

Look, I would love him to be better I TRULY WOULD. To me, he is still playing no better than par, but for him that is good, and by many fans seen not only as acceptable, but impressive. If you want to call this a purple patch for him then that is your thing. It just shows how far our expectations have fallen from people on here; our most loyal supporters.

I'm not having a go at you Earl, I am actually in awe that fans can still support him. One one hand it is laudable.

I'm just representing the voice of **majority** of people who don't speak up, for fear of being unjustly rebuked by the impassioned Brooks army (not unlike the FWO or the Rowdy fan club where people couldn't even whisper that Lawrence wasn't too good for the whole second half of his career ....shhh....).

I just cannot agree with the notion that the gets picked first (some would say not at all), *especially* based on consistency.

Rant over.
Again.

@hobbo - heavy is this crown!

@cktiger said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1422391) said:
@strongee said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1422289) said:
@cktiger said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1422235) said:
@strongee said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1422062) said:
@cktiger said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1421637) said:
@strongee said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1421576) said:
@cktiger said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1421427) said:
@speed2burn said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1421389) said:
@cktiger said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1421340) said:
First time I've ever cheered for the Sharks and Raiders.

Why exactly?

I feel like it’s been repeated a billion times, but until we get someone better that would be terrible business. Nobody even knows if Hastings will cut it in the NRL, he sure as hell didn’t in the 48 games he played for 2 fairly strong clubs

Play the ball not the man.

Been waiting 9 long years for Brooks to get us anywhere.
Every excuse in the book has been used to gloss over the fact that he just doesn’t have it.
I’d gladly take a chat on Hastings than live through more years of mediocrity.
Besides, who knows who else might be in the wings?

You have no idea . It’s just because you’re sick of him, nothing to do with his ability. You and snake dislike him so much , it’s to a point of being personal . Or you have an issue with his family . It’s hate for hates sake , hidden by a thin visage of it being about “mediocrity”.

The closest thing I have to brooks was , when he was at holy Cross , I lived around the corner from there . Before you call me his mother or uncle or whatever family member lol

Ever thought of writing fiction stories?
You don’t even seem to read a post before jumping in to defend your old mate Luke and waffling on without actually addressing the post.
I don’t hate him, nor do I have any issues with him that don’t relate to his value to the team.
You can dream up any scenario you want to justify criticism levelled towards him but none of it relates to hate… and really, who cares what your relationship to him might be?
I hope he leaves and will wish him well wherever he ends up.
But then again, you are the self appointed expert…I have no idea.

LOL whatever champ! Self appointed expert ? Because I point out how crap your takes are ? That doesn’t make me an expert . Far from it . I’m just giving you , what you gave me , for no reason. Tell us again how Hastings is better than brooks . How youre smarter than the whole nrl ? No one is death riding Hastings , that’s some next level Nadia Cominci type mental gymnastics there buddy. We are calling out people like you , who are actively death riding brooks .

Lol ... '**We** are calling out people like you".
Quick, get the posse together!
Listen, it's ok to be a fanboy ... you, and everyone else are welcome to their opinion.
I wish Brooks nothing but the best if he were to leave.
There's been too many years of hoping and praying he would develop into the halfback we need.
But he hasn't....and he won't.
The team needs a change ... and Hastings will be here next year to put the pressure on your hero, whether you like it or not.
Maybe he'll thrive or maybe he won't.
Now, better hand out the pitchforks to all those others you have gathered together against people 'like me'.

Pitchforks ? God I dislike you ! Your the one participating in the mob champ ! If you remember it was me , sleeve , paws , and a few others , refusing to participate in the mob storming Frankensteins castle . Your basing how you feel , as if they’re facts . And their not . I’ve said it before , “I’m sick of seeing him , so he’s the reason we lose “ . That’s literally what you just said . It’s time for something new”. Why ? Give me a football reason why . Not a , “I’m over him” . You cant . Because you don’t know ! It’s that simple .

Lol… take it easy, your blood pressure must be getting way to high.
To answer a few things…
Basing anything about how I ‘feel’ is the same as it being my opinion.
It’s my opinion… and once again you’re free to have yours.
Yes, Brooks has improved his defence over the years, yes he has some pace.
A football reason why I think he should go?
Has he ever displayed anything that even looks like game management or shown he might lead us to a semis spot in the last 9 years?
No.
Is he a noted try scorer or kicker?
No.
Does he inspire the players around him when the going gets tough?
No.
Has he improved when obstacles (players/coaches), supposedly holding him back, are removed so he can say he owns the team?
No.
Is it time to try something new?
Of course.
That’s my opinion… obviously it won’t be yours.
Live with it…. it’s not the end of the world.

None of your answers to your questions are accurate . My blood pressure is fine . It’s more thinking , “ this guy has no idea , and has no idea he has no idea “

You don’t understand . Because you’ve got no idea !it’s as simple as that . Are the sharks , cowboys, knights , dogs , Raiders , storm all nuffies ? Or do they see an elite playing his career out with a Bunch of turkeys. Sure brooks was a mess last year and the first 4 rounds this year . But prior to that and since then , he’s back to the same player who won the Dally m half .

Listen to Adam Douiehi talk about it , on the Wests life podcast . It will basically back up everything we’ve been saying since forever .
BUT TRY ASSISTS…. Bla bla , box score , bla bla , as if it’s 2010 and teams play either side of the ruck .

@strongee said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1423792) said:
@cktiger said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1422391) said:
@strongee said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1422289) said:
@cktiger said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1422235) said:
@strongee said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1422062) said:
@cktiger said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1421637) said:
@strongee said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1421576) said:
@cktiger said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1421427) said:
@speed2burn said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1421389) said:
@cktiger said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1421340) said:
First time I've ever cheered for the Sharks and Raiders.

Why exactly?

I feel like it’s been repeated a billion times, but until we get someone better that would be terrible business. Nobody even knows if Hastings will cut it in the NRL, he sure as hell didn’t in the 48 games he played for 2 fairly strong clubs

Play the ball not the man.

Been waiting 9 long years for Brooks to get us anywhere.
Every excuse in the book has been used to gloss over the fact that he just doesn’t have it.
I’d gladly take a chat on Hastings than live through more years of mediocrity.
Besides, who knows who else might be in the wings?

You have no idea . It’s just because you’re sick of him, nothing to do with his ability. You and snake dislike him so much , it’s to a point of being personal . Or you have an issue with his family . It’s hate for hates sake , hidden by a thin visage of it being about “mediocrity”.

The closest thing I have to brooks was , when he was at holy Cross , I lived around the corner from there . Before you call me his mother or uncle or whatever family member lol

Ever thought of writing fiction stories?
You don’t even seem to read a post before jumping in to defend your old mate Luke and waffling on without actually addressing the post.
I don’t hate him, nor do I have any issues with him that don’t relate to his value to the team.
You can dream up any scenario you want to justify criticism levelled towards him but none of it relates to hate… and really, who cares what your relationship to him might be?
I hope he leaves and will wish him well wherever he ends up.
But then again, you are the self appointed expert…I have no idea.

LOL whatever champ! Self appointed expert ? Because I point out how crap your takes are ? That doesn’t make me an expert . Far from it . I’m just giving you , what you gave me , for no reason. Tell us again how Hastings is better than brooks . How youre smarter than the whole nrl ? No one is death riding Hastings , that’s some next level Nadia Cominci type mental gymnastics there buddy. We are calling out people like you , who are actively death riding brooks .

Lol ... '**We** are calling out people like you".
Quick, get the posse together!
Listen, it's ok to be a fanboy ... you, and everyone else are welcome to their opinion.
I wish Brooks nothing but the best if he were to leave.
There's been too many years of hoping and praying he would develop into the halfback we need.
But he hasn't....and he won't.
The team needs a change ... and Hastings will be here next year to put the pressure on your hero, whether you like it or not.
Maybe he'll thrive or maybe he won't.
Now, better hand out the pitchforks to all those others you have gathered together against people 'like me'.

Pitchforks ? God I dislike you ! Your the one participating in the mob champ ! If you remember it was me , sleeve , paws , and a few others , refusing to participate in the mob storming Frankensteins castle . Your basing how you feel , as if they’re facts . And their not . I’ve said it before , “I’m sick of seeing him , so he’s the reason we lose “ . That’s literally what you just said . It’s time for something new”. Why ? Give me a football reason why . Not a , “I’m over him” . You cant . Because you don’t know ! It’s that simple .

Lol… take it easy, your blood pressure must be getting way to high.
To answer a few things…
Basing anything about how I ‘feel’ is the same as it being my opinion.
It’s my opinion… and once again you’re free to have yours.
Yes, Brooks has improved his defence over the years, yes he has some pace.
A football reason why I think he should go?
Has he ever displayed anything that even looks like game management or shown he might lead us to a semis spot in the last 9 years?
No.
Is he a noted try scorer or kicker?
No.
Does he inspire the players around him when the going gets tough?
No.
Has he improved when obstacles (players/coaches), supposedly holding him back, are removed so he can say he owns the team?
No.
Is it time to try something new?
Of course.
That’s my opinion… obviously it won’t be yours.
Live with it…. it’s not the end of the world.

None of your answers to your questions are accurate . My blood pressure is fine . It’s more thinking , “ this guy has no idea , and has no idea he has no idea “

You don’t understand . Because you’ve got no idea !it’s as simple as that . Are the sharks , cowboys, knights , dogs , Raiders , storm all nuffies ? Or do they see an elite playing his career out with a Bunch of turkeys. Sure brooks was a mess last year and the first 4 rounds this year . But prior to that and since then , he’s back to the same player who won the Dally m half .

Listen to Adam Douiehi talk about it , on the Wests life podcast . It will basically back up everything we’ve been saying since forever .
BUT TRY ASSISTS…. Bla bla , box score , bla bla , as if it’s 2010 and teams play either side of the ruck .

Oh look , I accidentally got 2 guys with 1 post . The point remains for both of you . Checking box scores is not watching the game . And the NRL had a coaching app to help teach u7s through to u16s . So good for you 2 !!

@earl said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1423743) said:
@nrlsurvivor said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1423688) said:
Hoopers article suggests what we believed all along, that the Raiders made the approach for Brooks and then Pascoe basically said the only way you can have him is if you give us Wightman and Hodgson… which is basically a way of saying “thanks but no thanks”

This makes much more sense. I reckon other clubs are noticing Brooksy and coming after him.

Why wouldn’t they? There are probably only 3 or 4 halves rating better than Brooksy.

@bigsiro said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1423782) said:

Brooks our most consistent?! Crikey why don't we just change the name of this thread to the "I love Luke Brooks unconditionally" ???

Twal is consistent.
Tamou is consistent.
Nofo is consistent.

Whether you think they are consistently good or consistently crap is another thing.

But calling Brooks consistent? Seriously??? Consistent for one half of footy maybe. He wasn't even good in the first half against the Broncos! I'll admit he came good though! So, he was consistent for 40 mins. Hooray!

Brooks must have to be the most inconsistent of all of our players. 1 game he's good, 3 games meh. That is his MO. Has been for 8 years. If you wanna call that "consistent" then I'd agree with you. The only consistent about him is his inconsistency. Maybe that aptly represents the Tigers, but it is his Tigers after all.

Look, I would love him to be better I TRULY WOULD. To me, he is still playing no better than par, but for him that is good, and by many fans seen not only as acceptable, but impressive. If you want to call this a purple patch for him then that is your thing. It just shows how far our expectations have fallen from people on here; our most loyal supporters.

I'm not having a go at you Earl, I am actually in awe that fans can still support him. One one hand it is laudable.

I'm just representing the voice of **majority** of people who don't speak up, for fear of being unjustly rebuked by the impassioned Brooks army (not unlike the FWO or the Rowdy fan club where people couldn't even whisper that Lawrence wasn't too good for the whole second half of his career ....shhh....).

I just cannot agree with the notion that the gets picked first (some would say not at all), *especially* based on consistency.

Rant over.
Again.

I know a good chiropractor mate ?

Twal is consistent.
Tamou is consistent.
Nofo is consistent.

Rant over.
Again.

How do you know they are the majority and you are representing their views if they don’t speak up? Have you spoken to the majority?

@earl said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1423742) said:
@cochise said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1423681) said:
@clokan said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1423678) said:
@iofthetigers said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1423641) said:
@momo_amp_medo said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1423617) said:
Wonder when we will get an apology from Fox & Murdoch press?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-21/nrl-trade-swap-brooks-mbye-hodgson-wighton-tigers-raiders/100310488?fbclid=IwAR2YvPM0ELPOpyYGxChTd42jJO_NPfUTZ1Po81DDVSBqTjerIrpebJ_cnfs

Interesting now Hooper has come out & said it was Pascoe

Well I’d expect the club to flat out deny it occurred, unless it did…

The club won't deny it even if it didn't happen.

It's gutter journalism. You shouldn't be engaging in it. If you are asked like Madge was you can just respond directly but engaging in that stuff to me is bad business practice.

I agree - they are being goaded. If you allow yourself to be pulled into comment every time the newspaper makes some rude claim about you, you'll never be able to stop, because you have encouraged the paper to continue doing it and generate news. Most often stories just need to die on their own and have nobody fan the flames.

I just cannot agree with the notion that the gets picked first (some would say not at all), especially based on consistency.

I think he has been our best and most consistent player this season. Laurie, AD & Luc are players with a higher ceiling but Brooks has been better than those 3 because over the course of the season he has played more consistently.

You argument went downhill at the start. You said Twal, Tamou and Nofo are consistent. Those 3 are completely inconsistent. They put in a fair number of below average games.

I’m just representing the voice of majority of people who don’t speak up, for fear of being unjustly rebuked by the impassioned Brooks army (not unlike the FWO or the Rowdy fan club where people couldn’t even whisper that Lawrence wasn’t too good for the whole second half of his career …shhh…).

This here is comedy gold. Pretty funny dude.

Mate, you are entitles to your opinion, but how can you say you speak for the majority? You can't possibly know that.

@wests_tony said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1423845) said:
Mate, you are entitles to your opinion, but how can you say you speak for the majority? You can't possibly know that.

It's hilarious. The man of the people.

@truetiger said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1423690) said:
@clokan said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1423677) said:
@crucible said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1423184) said:
292 pages dedicated to a defensive Half Back. We need an attacking Half Back who can organise the troops. Hastings is that man. I will agree Brooks is better than Madden (watch the Brooks PR Team go into a lather). Duck everyone.

I don’t really get this view. We can score points, it’s not our issue. Yet many want to replace Brook’s with an untested half (NRL) who has failed at two other clubs and had to move to super league, arguably during his prime, because no club would sign him. Let’s not put all our eggs into that basket.

In fairness to Hastings...he was still young and immature when he had his beef with DCE...his only real option if he wanted to play football was go to ESL,which he has done,he also has done very well over there and has matured...lets give him a chance to show how much he has changed and how well he can adjust back to NRL before we throw him off the cliff...hopefully Brooks can keep up his form of late going into next season and we will have a couple of halves that will be very competative as well as having AD in there as well...Madge will have to see who plays where,but I think our backline will be much stronger than this year...

Agree, my point is we haven’t even seen what Hastings can bring and some are ready to let Brooks go.

Fox sports is reporting that Hastings was being looked at by Club at Lock.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2021-wests-tigers-transfers-recruitment-tevita-pangai-junior-michael-maguire-contracts-luke-brooks-future/news-story/4a1bef7119fca229bf68f1202bb68675

thesis of the article is its actually youth the Tigers have, quality Youth. On low salaries.

Scroll to the end and you will see the point about Hasting, Brooks and Conor Watson. Watson on comes in play if Brooks is moved on. Hastings possibly plays lock with Brooks and AD in halves. I don't mind it.

@geo said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1423862) said:
Maybe a new poll is in order so the silent majority can have their say..

No need. We have the people who can talk for the majority.

@tore85 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1423875) said:
Fox sports is reporting that Hastings was being looked at by Club at Lock.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2021-wests-tigers-transfers-recruitment-tevita-pangai-junior-michael-maguire-contracts-luke-brooks-future/news-story/4a1bef7119fca229bf68f1202bb68675

thesis of the article is its actually youth the Tigers have, quality Youth. On low salaries.

Scroll to the end and you will see the point about Hasting, Brooks and Conor Watson. Watson on comes in play if Brooks is moved on. Hastings possibly plays lock with Brooks and AD in halves. I don't mind it.

That was a good article. The main points to me are:-

1. Marquee recruits are extremely risky. I think we get tonnes more value out of players who aren't marquee recruits.
2. We look decent apart from our outside backs.

@earl said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1423891) said:
@geo said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1423862) said:
Maybe a new poll is in order so the silent majority can have their say..

No need. We have the people who can talk for the majority.

Earl a poll was conducted. It was a vast majority mate.
but like all Brooks fans, don’t let truth get in the way of a good yarn ?

@wests_tony said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1423845) said:

Tony we did a poll.
@Geo said it right, the silent majority spoke.

@truetiger said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1423698) said:
If I look at this from pure speculation only,next year......

6..Hastings..AD..(Mbye)

7..Brooks...Hastings..Madden

Centres.....AJ..Talau...AD...Gildart...Roberts..

So we do have options but in my opinion the anchor will be 7.Brooks...the rest will be shuffled around when needed if they havent solidified a position..
I honestly dont know what will happen,but we will seem stronger in the back next year than this year..Laurie will be at the back and will be better after this year..
Having said my opinion,I have absolutely no idea if Brooks goes or not,but Madge seemed strong on him staying...

Wow.
Those centres... 🤦‍♂️

Don’t usually agree with Andrew Johns but he had a good analysis of Brooks’ game on his immortal behaviour segment I saw on Facebook.

He reckons AD and Brooks are a good combination, and that Brooks just needs to increase his game management and presence in a game to take his game to the next level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back