Luke Brooks - Mega Thread

Was there to see - he missed Blake I think think and ripped into someone…
Remember when Moses was caught on camera dishing it out to one of his team mates. In a team game, that type of behaviour is not appropriate.

Take brooks out of that game and put munster in his place, do we win that game,????? Brooksy gets paid big money to play a game of football, and assist his team in winning that game, tonight he won that game but for the eels not the tigers.
There’s 1 Munster in the game…
Not 1 per team.

Money works both ways - garner is almost on double the money of Papalli for Parra….
Them maths work for you too?

I agree with your assessment of the causes of the loss, but I also disagree that Brooks wasn't worse than normal.

When we lose a player, get a nice run from Tupou that leads to a mid-field penalty, the primary thing you do, and everyone knows this, is run through your set methodically and kick for a repeat. You are trying to wind the clock down and keep the ball down the other end.

Instead Brooks puts in a Benji-like 2nd tackle corner kick, but doesn't even clear the Parramatta defenders. Maybe, just maybe I could reconcile the play if somehow Tupou was unmarked or if the fullback was right up in the line, but we were playing 12 on 13 here - not only did Eels have us marked, but in those situations the wingers tend to hang back because you aren't going to strip them of numbers.

He then gives away a 6-again on Moses in the ensuing set (Stefano gives away a high shot penalty earlier), and then he has an air swing attempting to defend the Sivo kick.

I'll even waive the Sivo error because the ball did take an ugly bounce and bend away from him, but the decision to kick early when you are down to 12 men... it just sums up everything wrong with Luke Brooks at the moment.

I'll also forgive guys like Junior and Matamua for indiscretions, because they are young and eager. Brooks has had more than enough time to develop a calm, dependable head, and we didn't see it tonight.

12-6 and you need to play out your attacking set calmly, wind down the clock, kick for a repeat. Failure to do that opens up the play, he compounds it with a 6-again and Eels go back-to-back.

Obviously Brooks then palmed off by Mitch Moses for a try just after HT.

I cannot forgive these playmaker decisions, and it was only made worse by the fact he was outplayed and embarrassed by is old flatmate, that jerk of a peanut pelican Slimy Fart. Brooks personally involved in 3 of the Eels game-breaking tries, after all the effort the team put in.
Yes

Remember when Moses was caught on camera dishing it out to one of his team mates. In a team game, that type of behaviour is not appropriate.
If someone makes a blue - then things can happen…
When you make a blue - you shouldn’t be putting anyone else on show for it

I agree with your assessment of the causes of the loss, but I also disagree that Brooks wasn't worse than normal.

When we lose a player, get a nice run from Tupou that leads to a mid-field penalty, the primary thing you do, and everyone knows this, is run through your set methodically and kick for a repeat. You are trying to wind the clock down and keep the ball down the other end.

Instead Brooks puts in a Benji-like 2nd tackle corner kick, but doesn't even clear the Parramatta defenders. Maybe, just maybe I could reconcile the play if somehow Tupou was unmarked or if the fullback was right up in the line, but we were playing 12 on 13 here - not only did Eels have us marked, but in those situations the wingers tend to hang back because you aren't going to strip them of numbers.

He then gives away a 6-again on Moses in the ensuing set (Stefano gives away a high shot penalty earlier), and then he has an air swing attempting to defend the Sivo kick.

I'll even waive the Sivo error because the ball did take an ugly bounce and bend away from him, but the decision to kick early when you are down to 12 men... it just sums up everything wrong with Luke Brooks at the moment.

I'll also forgive guys like Junior and Matamua for indiscretions, because they are young and eager. Brooks has had more than enough time to develop a calm, dependable head, and we didn't see it tonight.

12-6 and you need to play out your attacking set calmly, wind down the clock, kick for a repeat. Failure to do that opens up the play, he compounds it with a 6-again and Eels go back-to-back.

I cannot forgive these playmaker decisions, and it was only made worse by the fact he was outplayed and embarrassed by is old flatmate, that jerk of a peanut pelican Slimy Fart. Brooks personally involved in 3 of the Eels game-breaking tries, after all the effort the team put in.
Can’t argue with much of what you just said, shitty moments by Brooks in a shitty game for him.

Maybe the club will actually drop him or release him now rather than just go and leak shit to the media. Brooks is a psychological nightmare at the moment and the club must take a lot of the blame for it.

I cannot forgive these playmaker decisions, and it was only made worse by the fact he was outplayed and embarrassed by is old flatmate, that jerk of a peanut pelican Slimy Fart.
I agree, that was terrible. It was low percentage garbage that experienced playmakers don’t attempt under those circumstances.
He isn’t a playmaker. Hasn’t been one ever. My point is he does shit like this a lot. Tonight was not his worst game this year though and he did some good things in defence with his speed aiding Noffa’s late tries.

Moments earlier he forced a drop out trying to score off a chip himself. He is always in the frame, quite often that means he’s f$&@ing up but it’s more than you can say for anyone else we have.
But they're not copping $1m. He's gotta go, he's regressing. I thought he might improve when Madge left, but he's progressively getting worse

But they're not copping $1m. He's gotta go, he's regressing. I thought he might improve when Madge left, but he's progressively getting worse
I agree he’s gotta go. Signs are there he want to leave and the club have hung him out to dry. Not his fault they paid him too much.

Moments earlier he forced a drop out trying to score off a chip himself. He is always in the frame, quite often that means he’s f$&@ing up but it’s more than you can say for anyone else we have.
Someone’s gotta try something hey….

Someone’s gotta try something hey….
Yeah and when you’re playing catch up football against the clock it’s not going to be clinical. His big error was the chip when you’re up 12-0 and down to 12 men. That’s stupid. To me he’s mentally shot.

Take brooks out of that game and put munster in his place, do we win that game,????? Brooksy gets paid big money to play a game of football, and assist his team in winning that game, tonight he won that game but for the eels not the tigers.
I’m just saying, there’s more to the loss than just luke brooks.
Put Munster in the circumstance of Luke Brooks whole career, you think Munster would be the player he is today?

He goes alright. But he’s also coming back from a serious and people want to throw him to the wolves. Makes no sense.
Players coming back from ACL injuries take 12onths AFTER returning to the field to get back to full form. It kills their confidence and limits their movement.

True, he carried on like a pork chop tonight, but we're also expecting goo much of him second week back.

Surely he finally gets dropped after that God awful performance. Really, he shouldn't ever play for us again. He's failed over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. He's not the answer and his terrible play repeatedly saps all the confidence from a mentally fragile squad.

You won't see a worse kick all season than that crap he dished up on the second when we had a man in the bin. That's a diabolically terrible piece of sabotage. Totally unforgiveable, and totally indicative of a player who has no game sense, no footy intelligence and no confidence. Just a dumb play which we never recovered from.

We need to build for the future so have to experiment with our halves, giving birth Doueihi and Madden game time

He might help the magpies win a few games though. Pay up to 500k for him to leave. But it's doubtful anyone will want him. He's barely a first grader, England his best bet

The real dilemma facing Brooksy
Its true if you want to believe it, it’s not the money. He is facing a best case worst case scenario . why, #1 he leaves and we make the semis #2 he stays we don’t . May the force be with you Luke, take the better offer .
What if he leaves and we don’t make the finals.. what if he leaves and makes the finals with another team…. Mockery assured

Back