Luke Brooks #167

Then the next argument is about him always kicking it dead for a 7 tackle set....
Somehow, His boot is a pea shooter and too big all at the same time....
There were plenty of times he made 10 metres on a touch finder and then all the other times he failed to find touch at all. Don't want to talk about the grubbers into the opposition's legs. :ROFLMAO:

I watched the latest Manly Youtube video. All the new guys were put through a 33 hour torture test.
All except Brooks who was absent.
I watched it as well , I don’t care about brooks , but I must say that looked pretty challenging to the guys who done it , 11 hours torture first day , I’ve not seen that much pressure put on players before , maybe Manly will be as tough as nails this season , hope we have really pressured our guys to get them in peak fitness , outlasting your opposition even with 10 to go or even 5 to go can change games , we looking worn out after warm upor after 20 minutes , need to be resilient and tough for 95 minutes

That's exactly why modern teaching sucks.

Brooks was an Introvert. He is naturally shy, and that's fine. Okay maybe not the best for a halfback...<ARRGH skipping usual rant of make him a damn 5/8>

Shy != dumb.
Sounding dumb != dumb. Classic example I know a physio therapist who looks and sounds a little dumb, guy works wonders and knows more about the body then I ever will.

Wow I can't believe it, you have actually found something to say about Brooks that hasn't been said in 10,000 posts... NFI on Potter because I have only heard him speak a few times.

Not every player will be an extravert. Andrew Johns dealt with it by letting his ADHD do the talking. Plenty of players stuff a press confrence, nothing to do with their performance on field.
Mate, I’ve been around a while and I am not a brooks hater at all. But I call it as I see it and hear it. Brooks has had ample opportunity to show some sort of intelligence in over 10 years at first grade. Shy is fine but he talks dumb, plays dumb my guess he’s dumb. Might be a nice guy, but paid to play first grade, not the nice guy olympics. He’s not a thinker, hence why he’s never controlled a team, he plays off the cuff and is a runner. I think he will go well at the seagulls cause he doesn’t need to think, cherry donut will do that!
He’s still a dumb footballer…

Mate, I’ve been around a while and I am not a brooks hater at all. But I call it as I see it and hear it. Brooks has had ample opportunity to show some sort of intelligence in over 10 years at first grade. Shy is fine but he talks dumb, plays dumb my guess he’s dumb. Might be a nice guy, but paid to play first grade, not the nice guy olympics. He’s not a thinker, hence why he’s never controlled a team, he plays off the cuff and is a runner. I think he will go well at the seagulls cause he doesn’t need to think, cherry donut will do that!
As time went on he levelled out and then I think he got worse.

Quality players don’t take that career trajectory.

And let’s not discuss his mega deals, club awards and Tim’s undying love for what must have been his bastard grandchild of some kind.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a Brooksy cult member. I want to watch him to score in the gf for Mahnly and see him miss the kick from in front to lose the match.

He’s kind of reverse smart. He actually got dumber as time progressed. No hate, just fascination that players like this can even exist.

Last edited:
Honest and Accurate assessment

Honest and Accurate assessment
It was very honest lol.

Brooksy was king of our kids for a long time.

Taught each one of them that you can get by in the world doing very little.

If Brooksy can survive, then there must be hope for us all.

Last edited:
He's a product of his environment...a.reflecrion.on our inconsistency as a club since forever besically
They pretty much all have

He can be a fantastic running half doing everything that's needed (when things are On) usually for a week or maybe two every coupla month's... But then it's back to white stale dog shit

It will be interesting to see how he goes if they can string some wins together... Luke's only ever managed three wins on the trot with us over a decade about three or four times... And that all can't be pinned on him

He's a product of his environment

He's a product of his environment...a.reflecrion.on our inconsistency as a club since forever besically
They pretty much all have

He can be a fantastic running half doing everything that's needed (when things are On) usually for a week or maybe two every coupla month's... But then it's back to white stale dog shit

It will be interesting to see how he goes if they can string some wins together... Luke's only ever managed three wins on the trot with us over a decade about three or four times... And that all can't be pinned on him

He's a product of his environment
You are right, he can’t take full responsibility, but I’ll settle for a sizeable portion.

For his salary, experience and stature his long tenure was deeply regrettable.

Brooks will need to perform and I hope he does , but if he dishes up the same as he did hear they will dump him DCC. Won’t cop it and neither will there fans. They will jump on him due to always copping it hear

Brooks will need to perform and I hope he does , but if he dishes up the same as he did hear they will dump him DCC. Won’t cop it and neither will there fans. They will jump on him due to always copping it hear
That’s their problem. Why is it getting so much play on our forum?

That’s their problem. Why is it getting so much play on our forum?
Because he was our Skape goat for years , win loose or draw Brooks name was always involved , I don’t say it needed to be but it was always part of the media flogging he got

Back