Lote

Vicious

I just wanted to start a more positive thread to state the obvious and say how good Lote is for the Wests Tigers and the NRL both on and off the field.
My young 8y.o cousin was a fanatical Bulldogs supporter, but was invited to attend a Wests Tigers training session at Concord a few months back and was blown away by how friendly all the players were. Benji was also great, but Lote more than anyone else made a special effort to ask about his school, how his weekend footy team is going etc. My cousin has since converted and is now a Wests Tigers supporter through and through.

Since then Lote also attended my sons school and again all the kids came away with the highest regard for Lote, not just his footballing ability, but again because he went out of his way to have a chat with almost every single one of them and answered any questions which were thrown at him.

Then about 6 weeks ago at Birchgrove Oval, my sons team was playing the game after Lote`s son, Lote again was only too happy to have a chat with the kids and pay them plenty of attention despite the fact he was trying to watch his own son play.

This was repeated again yesterday at King George Park, my sons team was again playing the game after Lote`s son. My son had three mates who had a sleepover the night before all of whom don`t play League themselves, but idolise Lote through watching him play. They were starstruck and wanted to go and speak with him. I advised it`s not a good time as he is trying to watch his son play, but kids being kids couldn`t wait, so I approached Lote and just asked if the kids could shake his hand. Lote was not only too pleased to shake their hands, but again had an in depth conversation with them about their school and was genuinely happy to know they remembered him from when he visited their school.
These kids couldn`t believe that a footy player they idolise is so down to earth and easy to talk with. They now have not only switched to becoming Wests Tigers supporters, but also want to play rugby league instead of soccer all just because someone such as Lote is prepared to give them a little bit of his time.

Thanks for sharing that vicious! What a god damn champion Lote is, both on and off the field.

Lote while he looks mean does come across as being genuine and you can hear that from when he does interviews
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Yeah x 2 Vicious and Hammertime Lote is a champion Some guys are horrors off the field in the private eye . Most however are very helpful and friendly especially with the kids . Remember an article earlier this year about Benji saying exactly the same that you said Vicious . We are a lucky club indeed with the champions we have on and off the field .

I commented that when we signed him it would be a great signing both on and off the field. Lote has a huge media profile and his signature was beneficial not only on the field but off it as well. Whatever we paid for Lote was worth every cent and I suspect we will recoup much of that outlay in sponsorships, media coverage etc.

Great Guy, This is constantly said about Lote,

I couldn't imagine anything worse that being constantly being spoken to or interrupted yet there has never ever had a bad word about them.

Cudos to Benji as well in this

Great story, Lote is a legend.
Always thought he was one of the genuine nice guys of league, unlike Hindmarsh who has the reputation but is a terrible person.

Thanks for sharing, great read.

good to hear, alot of players do this sort of stuff and you never it of it, all you hear about is blokes like Anthony Watts and Todd carney up to no good

We see Lote around Balmain with his family a lot. He is a great advertisement for the Wests Tigers.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

I thought as a side we walked a foot taller with him on the field last year.

I know he is only a winger however he carries an aura.

On the field he has the X factor . Can create something out of nothing at his brilliant best . Can think of at least 3-4 times when he created a try when little or nothing was happening . Lote back to his best will make a difference .

Well done to Lote. It must be difficult to deal with all the public stuff when you want some private time.

And on that, well done to the other guys both in our team and elsewhere that make the public, especially kids feel great because they have met someone like yourselves.

Congratulations.

Good post vicious. A lot of the time the good deeds done by players can go unnoticed, but it's great to hear how positive an influence Lote has been on the young kids and that's something they will always remember.

A few years ago i was at the palace at coogee and Matt Rogers was very drunk and tried to attack me and Lote saved me from a very drunk Mat Rogers and after we chatted for 10 minutes about the waratahs great guy very humble

that wasnt the impromtu game of touch footy he was talking about? he said he was walking through a park and jumped in with some people to have a random game of touch to test out the ankle… anyway great story

I have a similar story regarding Beau Ryan. Absolute champion. I have a friend (also a tigers supporter)who was battling cancer and we held a benefit day for him. Im a delivery driver and deliver to a place where Beau's mum works. I organised a jersey for Beau to get signed and within a week I had recieved the jersey back fully signed. I actually met Beau at a coffee shop to pick up the jersey. I took my 5 year old son down to meet Beau and every time we bump into him he remembers his name and always says hello.

Great post, Vicious!
The behaviour of the Wests Tigers players on and off the field must be the envy of many other NRL clubs.

Certainly at fan days, the Tigers players have been very obliging to my family and especially to my grand-children. I hope that the Wests Tigers Management always make this quality an important one in considering the worth of a player they may be looking to sign.

All I can say with my dealings with the boys the following are just humble and class acts;

LOTE
LAWRENCE
ELLIS
HEINO
RYAN

These boys dont have a chip on their shoulders and make everyone feel welcome they go out of their way to make that moment special.

Congrates boys but especially Lote.

Vicious,

I took the Liberty of tweeting your original post on Lote's wall. Figured he would get a kick out of it, considering the guys on twitter usually cop stuff like "you played crap!"

well guys, happy to say, he replied!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

So Vicious, congrats on putting a smile on the big fellas face!

http://twitter.com/#!/LoteTuqiri/status/87837176435441664

Hmm, reckon ill change my tip to tigers by 30, not 26.

That's gotta be worth an extra try… :smiley:

Staff online

Back