Live music - Bands you have seen/Are planning to see

Ok you did not ask me and Mudvayne isn't exactly my thing.

I saw them at Big day out once...2006.. They are not my thing and I barely remember their set.
Gerling*,
White stripes*,
Franz Ferdinand*,
Wolfmother*,
Airbourne,
Magic Dirt, (really good)
Living End, (oddly I don't remember them much from this event, but they are normally kicking and awesome.)
Cog, (really really good... better indoors).

The mess hall played there too, I can't remember them from the day. Honestly such a tight 2 peace. The Go team was also good, definately 1 hit wonders. ...

But yea, Mudvayne. I like watched their set, Gerling mocked them saying "hey guys, this is what happens when parents spank their children"... Can't remember much of their set at all. Look could have been Alcahol or something on my part, this ain't me dissing them... You do you.

man looking up these lineups and MY OH MY

*just outstanding.
Looking at the lineups. My biggest regret in life is not spending every cent and seeing every Big day out there was.

Man they are insane and incredible. How on earth did we pull so many international acts of that standard here.

Ok you did not ask me and Mudvayne isn't exactly my thing.

I saw them at Big day out once...2006.. They are not my thing and I barely remember their set.
Gerling*,
White stripes*,
Franz Ferdinand*,
Wolfmother*,
Airbourne,
Magic Dirt, (really good)
Living End, (oddly I don't remember them much from this event, but they are normally kicking and awesome.)
Cog, (really really good... better indoors).

The mess hall played there too, I can't remember them from the day. Honestly such a tight 2 peace. The Go team was also good, definately 1 hit wonders. ...

But yea, Mudvayne. I like watched their set, Gerling mocked them saying "hey guys, this is what happens when parents spank their children"... Can't remember much of their set at all. Look could have been Alcahol or something on my part, this ain't me dissing them... You do you.

man looking up these lineups and MY OH MY

*just outstanding.
Man I wish I went to more BDO's than I did. I saw Mudvayne at their sideshow that year, but I didn't go to my first BDO until 2008..
Still hoping the American owners bring it back, but highly doubt it will happen.

Mudvayne was mad. Coal Chamber was insanely good. Bassist is a smoking hit MILF, she was on fire.
I never really got into Coal Chamber but thought they aou ded better than Mudvayne.
Mudvayne started strong but seemed to have sound issues towards the end. Speaking of bass players, I forgot how good Martinie was live..

I never really got into Coal Chamber but thought they aou ded better than Mudvayne.
Mudvayne started strong but seemed to have sound issues towards the end. Speaking of bass players, I forgot how good Martinie was live..
Yeah a few people mentioned sound issues, it didn't quite sound right somehow. Then when he was giving a ten hour speech about loving the fans I was thinking, righto mate get on with it. Agree about Martinie, he's very talented.

PJ are playing Giants stadium. I was there for Soundwave one year and it was the worst sound (no pun intended) I have ever experienced

PJ are playing Giants stadium. I was there for Soundwave one year and it was the worst sound (no pun intended) I have ever experienced
Sound wasn't great there for Motley Crue either (I think it could have been just them / their sound people though as it was not as bad for Def Leppard).

From memory, Soundwave used to have sound problems at Olympic Park every year.

On the plus side, I likely will get to PJ for free if it doesn't change venues (in-laws run some of the food places at Giants stadium).

Looking at the lineups. My biggest regret in life is not spending every cent and seeing every Big day out there was.

Man they are insane and incredible. How on earth did we pull so many international acts of that standard here.
The big downside of BDO was clashing bands, you often had to choose which one out of two great bands to watch. That sucked.

Wow some real concert go'ers in here .. here's my very short list"

Divinyls
AC/DC
Sherbet
TMG
Hush
Angels
Aussie Crawl
Metals as Anything
Jimmy Barnes
Noiseworks
Dragon
Dire Straits
Phil Collins
Elton John
Cold Chisel
INXS
Suzie Quatro
Queen
Choir Boys
Cheap Trick
Bon Jovi
Savage Garden
Screamin Jets
Baby Animals
Rogue Traders
Neil Diamond
Heart
Motley Crue
Van Halen
Metallica
Linkin Park
Def Leppard (x2)
KISS (x5)

Im a mad KISS .. Def Leppard and Linkin Park nutter .. ;-)

Last edited:

Regrets....

Got a mate who had tickets to Nirvana up a the Gold Coast in 92 - Just a Nevermind broke...

He dogged it and went to the Movies with his missus
(Who's also long gone to add insult to injury)

Regrets....

Got a mate who had tickets to Nirvana up a the Gold Coast in 92 - Just a Nevermind broke...

He dogged it and went to the Movies with his missus
(Who's also long gone to add insult to injury)
Have always thought Nirvana to be massively overrated TBH. Couple of good songs.

I remember when I was 17, I fell massively for The Doors. Was the closest thing I ever had to a religious experience. About six months later, they announced a tour with Ian Astbury from The Cult on vocals. At the same time Velvet Revolver announced a show for the same night. So i had to make a choice, and I couldn’t pass up Velvet Revolver (loudest sound i have ever heard in my life btw. I was about 20 feet from the stage and when they came on, it felt like my head exploded. My ears were ringing for 5 days after). I did read an interview with Ray Manzerek not long after who said they were planning to tour again in 2007 to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Light My Fire, but they never did. So The Doors are the one band that I have never seen that i wish I could go back in time to see. Well, there’s two actually. The other being the New York Dolls. A band who despite two albums with some awesome songs, never really got off the ground.

Great post

INTERNATIONAL
Bruce Springsteen × 3
John Mellencamp × 3
Kim Wilde x 2
Belinda Carlisle × 2
Tears For Fears
U2
Billy Joel with Christine Brinkley
Billy Idol
Bryan Adams
The Eurythmics