LIVE GAME Live Game Discussion, vs Newcastle - Rd 2 *Spoilers*

Live Game Discussion
A pair of soiled undies could coach this club and we’d still play the same. It’s a completely irrelevant argument until there’s a clean out in the front office.
Alright I’ve got to ask cause I don’t get it. How does a new CEO get our team playing better?
Is the argument based on someone being accountable or the fact Pascoes been at the club long enough and we’ve never played any good over that time so it’s his fault?

Our Board and CEO are incapable of lifting the repute of the club to attract the truly elite. We accept less than the best every time in all facets of the club. Then we make up little stories like giving NZL a thank you game. We lie to ourselves and the supporters of the club. Our front office are a fraud.

Classic quote from Lee today, “Let’s just give THEM some more time”

I have emphasised them because he is distancing himself from the squad after round two. How about go out and spend some of that money you love to spruik about on getting THEM a truly marquee player.
In regards to the marquee, we tried for Latrell, Munster and Moses, with the offer for Moses being ridiculously high but still not enough it seems. So we sack the CEO, get rid of the Chairman and replace them but i struggle to see how that fixes a Marquee coming to the Club. I get the frustration, I’m as frustrated am most here with our level of ability, I’m just trying to understand what tangible benefit it delivers other than continuing to feel like we’ve done something and now things will change.

Not trying to say your wrong or downplay your opinion, I’ve never worked in Sports admin before so am trying to understand other points of view

I appreciate your interest in my view. I’m just an outside observer but I know the game pretty well. These guys don’t know the game and they are up against the games most powerful. They’re on a hiding to nothing and they should just cut their losses. The Dogs identified a similar issue and got Gus in , a noted fixer. Who’s our fixer?
Guess we’ll find out soon enough if things continue on this path

I appreciate your interest in my view. I’m just an outside observer but I know the game pretty well. These guys don’t know the game and they are up against the games most powerful. They’re on a hiding to nothing and they should just cut their losses. The Dogs identified a similar issue and got Gus in , a noted fixer. Who’s our fixer?
Good point, we had Sheens on the right role last year, a footy man, well respected, a bit of nous for sure. Making him coach ....😢

Sheens could have been but he’s now the bloody coach.

Hagipantelis openly admitted his disappointment on SEN 1170 Breakfast this morning.

"I was there on Sunday and I can't push back on the criticism that has been levelled against the team," he said.

"In the first two rounds, both these games were there to be won. Those fundamental errors at critical times are hurting us. (Myself and the board) share and feel the pain. We are very much aware of the frustration and disappointment."

Sheens was in the right role for person of his experience and calibre. Almost fixer but not quite Gus Gould level. The fact he slotted himself into the coaching role again has put us back so much it's not funny. He was never going to succeed as coach again and it was a massive error on clubs part.

I’m just trying to understand what tangible benefit it delivers other than continuing to feel like we’ve done something and now things will change.

Nails the issue.

@BAGNF05 - our fixer prior to Sheens was Maguire. A premiership winning coach and coach of the NZ team. Now we have Sheens.

Maybe a different question is how do the Dolphins somehow jag some wins and we can't. Is Bennet that much better than Sheens ?

Is Sheens that bad ? What about Maguire ?

Hagipantelis openly admitted his disappointment on SEN 1170 Breakfast this morning.

"I was there on Sunday and I can't push back on the criticism that has been levelled against the team," he said.

"In the first two rounds, both these games were there to be won. Those fundamental errors at critical times are hurting us. (Myself and the board) share and feel the pain. We are very much aware of the frustration and disappointment."

These are good comments.

We could have won the last 2 games if our attack was better.
But it wasn’t...it was absolutely diabolical... diabolical!
This is what irritates me no end,Madge was a defensive coach and coached the hardline structure he did because we were known to be very ordinary in defense,the players didnt like it and it showed in Madges tenure with the performances had....
Now we go back to being an attacking,flambouyant structured team and it is worse than when Madge was coaching...
MY POINT IS even though Madge failed,he had a purpose to teach the team to defend...still no finals and a wooden spoon..
Sheens past glory and a premiership 18 years ago will get this team playing ""you score points we will score more""...first 2 games were dissmal failures to say the least....
Maybe if some one in this coaching group can get them to defend and attack with the aim of winning the game in an 80 minute period,then maybe we will see some genuine Rugby League played...
What I have witnessed in the last 2 games isnt what I would expect from highly paid NRL level professional players...so who do we blame...the players,the coaches or admin..
I dont know the answer yet,but lets once again give them the chance to show us what areas we improve on in the next 4/5 rnds..
There were glimpses of good play in the first 2 rounds and defense wasnt bad...but this is the toughest arena where skills and talent are on the world stage for all to see...players,coaches and the club will always be in the eye of the public,sponsors and other professionals of the NRL..
Lets hope that we reach that top level and show the world we can compete,win games and climb the ladder and get off the bottom with hard work and smarts....
Its not up to you and me,we can support the team no end,its up to this mob to make things happen in a winning way,OR forever have the BASKET CASE title we have had for so long...

Earl, suppose you ran out at LO last Sunday, playing against the team your boss is financially backing. Would you be confused?

Honestly no. It's a game of footy. There is no way I'd be thinking about stuff like this.

Its not up to you and me,we can support the team no end,its up to this mob to make things happen in a winning way,OR forever have the BASKET CASE title we have had for so long...

We also don't have the answers or even know the problem apart from stating we need more wins. There have been so many changes in this club and we are still duds.

Earl, suppose you ran out at LO last Sunday, playing against the team your boss is financially backing. Would you be confused?
The problem I see is that the younger players won’t be confused by those comments, they’ll probably take them personally and will be demotivated instead of taking them to motivate themselves to try harder to dig in and get better.

Sheens was in the right role for person of his experience and calibre. Almost fixer but not quite Gus Gould level. The fact he slotted himself into the coaching role again has put us back so much it's not funny. He was never going to succeed as coach again and it was a massive error on clubs part.
And good management would have told him that he wont be coach so go back and have another look.

Nails the issue.

@BAGNF05 - our fixer prior to Sheens was Maguire. A premiership winning coach and coach of the NZ team. Now we have Sheens.

Maybe a different question is how do the Dolphins somehow jag some wins and we can't. Is Bennet that much better than Sheens ?

Is Sheens that bad ? What about Maguire ?
Go watch the new series on Stan Dawn of the Dolphins. Bennett is just in a league of his own.

It was good to see Tyson Gamble return to his true form last night against the Dolphins its the way us WT'S remember him I thought his was the Dolphins 🐬 best player😂😂😂😂

Latest posts

Members online

Back