Let's gauge opinions

How satisfied are you with the team at this stage of the season?

• Happy with where we are. A work in progress but see some positives.

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Glass half full. See improvements but previous problems still persisting.

Votes: 33 70.2%
  • Not happy, Jan. We are a clone of previous years.

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
Gee, I wish I had the coach's perspective because, as a fan, it's tough going.
Our defense is certainly better, but our attack is no where top shelf.
Like, we're playing the Broncos next - did you see them play last night? Their backs ooze points.
We're a long way from even dreaming of that type of week-to-week performance.
It's not the missing effort - it's the missing raw talent.

It comes down to what your expectations are or at least were at the start of the season ?

Cant say I’m exactly “happy“ about their play so far this season .. but there is some noticable improvement on the defensive side ..they haven’t been given a real pasting by anybody as yet ..

They cant improve the attack until they get better players IMO… Galvin is a nice find and a guy that they can build around … curious to start thinking what a combination might look like with Luia…

Gotta find some outside backs … There is some urgency around this … they can’t wait another 2-3 years for some younger guys to develop… been saying this for years but nothing seems to change and they don’t seem to ever go after any established guys..

It comes down to what your expectations are or at least were at the start of the season ?

Cant say I’m exactly “happy“ about their play so far this season .. but there is some noticable improvement on the defensive side ..they haven’t been given a real pasting by anybody as yet ..

They cant improve the attack until they get better players IMO… Galvin is a nice find and a guy that they can build around … curious to start thinking what a combination might look like with Luia…

Gotta find some outside backs … There is some urgency around this … they can’t wait another 2-3 years for some younger guys to develop… been saying this for years but nothing seems to change and they don’t seem to ever go after any established guys..
I think 7 or 8 wins will be close to the mark.

Somewhere between glass half full and not happy Jan. Glass half empty, maybe?
There appears to be buy in from the players and some defensive resolve and we have uncovered 2 exceptional talents in Galvin and Fainu. So there is some hope moving forward.

However I'm not confident that we will be better than bottom 2 again this year. We still have very obvious limitations all over the park, terrible depth and again look as though we will be anchored by some overinflated longterm salaries.

Reactions: BZN
having 2 in the bank really helps the overs but i think the comparatively limited depth will see us fade badly as the season progresses.

Yeah .., the depth is a concern …another thing I been saying all year …we cant say for certain though they will get a glut of long term injuries …maybe could just get guys coming in and out every few weeks ..

5 games is going to be the worst win total in the comp ,,,

Tigers Attack is struggling …16 points a game ain’t going to win them too many …Will it get better ? Maybe as the season progresses and if Galvin takes another step later in the season with a few more games under his belt …

if they can increase this to say 22 …might win them a few more games with their improved defence…

I see improvement in our defence. The previous seasons focus on reducing 'offloads conceded' and increasing our offloads has been maintained. There's probably only one team better at that, Penrith.
Benji and his coaching staff seem to be working well to get the best out of the team. Players appear to be gaining confidence.
The doubt I have is with the board and their bosses. I don't have complete trust in them not reverting to their default management style when we string a few losses together.

I can’t see us making the 8 this year. There are still too many players in the top 30 that are either too young or not at a Level for us to beat more than 50% of teams in the comp. I dont blame the current management for this and agree with the strategy of being a development club.
The most pleasing thing for me this year is unlocking some real talent in Samuela Fainu & Galvin. If we didn’t find some talent with the amount of development players we have in the top 30.. i would consider this year a fail. Those two look like top NRL level talent. If one or two more come on this year then great.
It does look like the team has bought into what Benji and Morris are doing as coaches so that pleasing as well. If they keep competing hard for 80mins like they are we will have some more good wins like Cronulla and Parra games. This time last year I was not enjoying the team play. This year, is the start of the turn around. I’m please with the effort we just don’t have enough talent in the backs yet.

If that’s the case, is the addition of Luai good enough to get us there?
Don't think so. I thought his kicking was long and accurate yesterday mostly but he doesn't run straight enough. We need a strike winger with Tupou leaving, Staines is not good enough. Hopefully Olam continues to get better, but we still have a lot of 'cultural' team effort and defensive issues that is due to players like Papali'i who are very good playing bad. Culture still needs to change more before success comes.

Gee, I wish I had the coach's perspective because, as a fan, it's tough going.
Our defense is certainly better, but our attack is no where top shelf.
Like, we're playing the Broncos next - did you see them play last night? Their backs ooze points.
We're a long way from even dreaming of that type of week-to-week performance.
It's not the missing effort - it's the missing raw talent.
Geezuz even Billy is carving up

Back