Learnings from 9s so far(early days)

clontarfkid

1)Tedesco has surprising pace-if someone can put him in space,this mite be his year.
2)Richards provides stability , size & vesrasaitility in the backs.
3)Tapou,Patterson & Gavet are all big & mobile,exactly what we need ,& mite finally restore some respect to the pack thats been missing since Ellis departed
4)Playmakers remain in very short supply-unsure about Austin in this role,Moses promising but needs another 8-10kg..so Brooks really needs to deliver.
5)Error rate(dropped balls /missed tackles)still needs significant focus
Overall,encouraging

Its pretty obvious we will struggle to win anything with Marika in the team.

He absolutely refuses to trust his inside man and will not stop the person he is supposed to mark.

@Defiant said:
Its pretty obvious we will struggle to win anything with Marika in the team.

He absolutely refuses to trust his inside man and will not stop the person he is supposed to mark.

It looks as tho he feels he has the pace to run anyone down, which he probably does in most cases. However not when you're defending close to the line.

Hope he can work on his defence in Reggie's as he is nothing but a weapon in attack.

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

He needs to stay on his man…i like his enthusiasm, but on ht eline he needs to stick on his man....not giving up on him yet.

Im confident that Marika will be less exposed in the 13 man game. I haven't seen too many teams hold out defending on their line this weekend.

Our biggest issue is errors and penalties which puts pressure on our defensive line. Get rid of the errors and penalties and our defence will improve overnight.

Austin and Marika very disappointing.
Blair still enjoying his holiday at Wests Tigers.
Farah as annoying as ever with those kicks of his.
Potter doesn't know much about nines.
Our youngsters coming through are not as good as Wests Tigers make out.

@Irvine said:

This is what concerns me most. I am hoping that Potter was using the 9s as pure trials and didn't attempt to win it. If not, it suggests further strong doubts about his tactical nous.

@southerntiger said:
@Irvine said:

This is what concerns me most. I am hoping that Potter was using the 9s as pure trials and didn't attempt to win it. If not, it suggests further strong doubts about his tactical nous.

someone said Payten was running the team for this?

Its head and shoulders above the All Stars game which i never bothered watching. I've enjoyed it, hope its a yearly thing.

@Guest said:
@southerntiger said:
@Irvine said:

someone said Payten was running the team for this?

Payten..No way his a very smart coach. Playing a fullback in nines lol nah it had all the look of Potter coaching.

Does anyone know if Austin actually completed a tackle this w/e..?Know it was a trial ,but his technique is a shocker.
He may have played himself out of 1st grade for season opener.
..and if potter doesnt fix the ridiculous error rate(yep,it was just a trial)in both attack & defence,he'll play himself out of 1st grade …!

@southerntiger said:
Im confident that Marika will be less exposed in the 13 man game. I haven't seen too many teams hold out defending on their line this weekend.

Our biggest issue is errors and penalties which puts pressure on our defensive line. Get rid of the errors and penalties and our defence will improve overnight.

It seems the penalties are all due to our defensive deficiencies….I'd say get the defense right and theres no need to push the envelope in the tackle/ruck...we just cannot compete here.
We get our D right this in turn means less penaltys, more ball, less fatigue and less errors in possesion - hopefully

@innsaneink said:
@southerntiger said:

It seems the penalties are all due to our defensive deficiencies….I'd say get the defense right and theres no need to push the envelope in the tackle/ruck...we just cannot compete here.
We get our D right this in turn means less penaltys, more ball, less fatigue and less errors in possesion - hopefully

You could be right on this one.

Payten ran the 9's tournament for us.

Potter was there as a spectator to see a few guys and how they shape up

@smeghead said:

Well that will deflate Irvines bubble, IMO we took the wrong squad, Farah should not of played nor Woods. Unfortunately probably our best 9's player Fulton was injured.

Biggest learning from the 9's for us is that our discipline issues from last year around the ruck have not been addressed…this was also evident at last weeks trial

@smeghead said:

Poor form if so. We should have taken this competition seriously. We are a club struggling with money and members both of which would have been helped by doing well in this. Bet that was part of the reason we were favourites at some point.
We better be smashing it in the actual season.

@smeghead said:

No wonder they played like an U20's team.

@alexaki said:
Biggest learning from the 9's for us is that our discipline issues from last year around the ruck have not been addressed…this was also evident at last weeks trial

Which boils down to being unable to compete with the opposition defensively.
While I didnt see last weeks trial, there did appear to be a few repeat sets to the opposition on our line due to penalties.

Its my biggest concern..yet again

@Cultured Bogan said:
@smeghead said:

No wonder they played like an U20's team.

hahaha… Good call!

Members online

Back