Latrell : Exposed

Fat lazy grub, textbook example of how far one can get on natural talent alone.

Dude will disappear into the annals of history. Could have been such a great of the game and a NSW hero, as a kid he had a future Inglis career written all over him. Just zero heart, fortitude and gumption. Best talent coupled with the weakest character set I've seen in the modern NRL era, maybe on par with a whinging Mundine come to think of it. He has the opportunity to heads down, bum up and have a redemption arc, but that would require all of those characteristics he doesn't posses. Such a shame.

This is how it will play out with latrell , he will pull the mental health card , and the NRL will shit its self and latrell will continue on his grubby way

Fat lazy grub, textbook example of how far one can get on natural talent alone.

Dude will disappear into the annals of history. Could have been such a great of the game and a NSW hero, as a kid he had a future Inglis career written all over him. Just zero heart, fortitude and gumption. Best talent coupled with the weakest character set I've seen in the modern NRL era, maybe on par with a whinging Mundine come to think of it. He has the opportunity to heads down, bum up and have a redemption arc, but that would require all of those characteristics he doesn't posses. Such a shame.

Winston, how can someone 'disappear into the annals of history'? You do understand that your statement makes no sense? Not to put too fine a point on it, but you either go down in history, or you can be forgotten by it, particularly when referring to to the 'the annals of history', which in a metaphorical case describes the concise annual record of the most important things that happened during a calendar year in ancient Rome. Maybe you went to Hogwarts, or perhaps you have access to disappearing ink.

Furthermore, I thought you were an historian AND an orator mate. Forget about Latrell, it seems like you're losing your rhetorical touch in your dotage. What happened to "We shall fight them on the beaches?". What happened to "Their finest hour"? Have a cigar and cognac and go to bed. You're finished.

Once rested, perhaps you could describe Anthony Mundine's lack of character in greater detail and how it is is related to the topic of Latrell Mitchell? From my perspective, Mundine was an amazing rugby league player and an even better Boxer. Didn't drink and never sexually assaulted anyone. Never took drugs. The same can't be said of some of his contemporaries. A friendly, funny man in private, and was a dedicated and successful athlete well into his 40s. I don't think you have adequately explained how that kind of record amounts to a lack of character. If you could convince President Roosevelt to join the Allies in WW2, I'm sure you can convince our forum colleagues of how Mundine's record amounts to a lack of character. If you mention that Mundine has said some foolish things I'll remind you that Tony Abbott was Prime Minister and Pauline Hanson remains a senator.

Apologies, maybe the boxing thing is a touchy subject for you Winston? After all, in 1911, as the UK's home secretary, you banned interracial boxing matches in the United Kingdom and its colonies. I wonder, what kind of perspective or underlying views of other cultures motivated you to implement a law like like that?

Latrell Mitchell is out of form, and is under intense public and private scrutiny. More so than his team mates and even his coach. Where is your comparison to Todd Carney? To Darius Boyd? or Mitchell Pearce? Sam Burgess? to the other HUNDREDs of (at times) wayward NRL stars who aren't black yet can be prone to controversy and violence both on and off the pitch.

Why do black players only get to be compared to other black players?? There have been plenty of wayward and controversial footy players who aren't black who have been forgiven, and even exalted for their - ahem, redemption arcs. Even beyond controversy, Eric Grothe Jr largely wasted his immense talent in preference to playing music in Shinobi and chilling out. Latrell Mitchell has won two Premierships and a World Cup already. Take your pills Winston

You use the term "Future Inglis'. But GI had his depression, his benders, and would need extra time off with mob up north and extra cultural awareness around him all throughout his most of his career. Joey Johns did the same thing in his own self medicating fashion. Jeez Winston, your double standards have double standards.

He's just a footy player. And if he continues to suck he won't get picked, just like everyone else and he'll likely leave the club and take the classic traditional route down parramatta road and end up at Wests Tigers. So careful what you wish for Winston.

Winston, how can someone 'disappear into the annals of history'? You do understand that your statement makes no sense? Not to put too fine a point on it, but you either go down in history, or you can be forgotten by it, particularly when referring to to the 'the annals of history', which in a metaphorical case describes the concise annual record of the most important things that happened during a calendar year in ancient Rome. Maybe you went to Hogwarts, or perhaps you have access to disappearing ink.

Furthermore, I thought you were an historian AND an orator mate. Forget about Latrell, it seems like you're losing your rhetorical touch in your dotage. What happened to "We shall fight them on the beaches?". What happened to "Their finest hour"? Have a cigar and cognac and go to bed. You're finished.

Once rested, perhaps you could describe Anthony Mundine's lack of character in greater detail and how it is is related to the topic of Latrell Mitchell? From my perspective, Mundine was an amazing rugby league player and an even better Boxer. Didn't drink and never sexually assaulted anyone. Never took drugs. The same can't be said of some of his contemporaries. A friendly, funny man in private, and was a dedicated and successful athlete well into his 40s. I don't think you have adequately explained how that kind of record amounts to a lack of character. If you could convince President Roosevelt to join the Allies in WW2, I'm sure you can convince our forum colleagues of how Mundine's record amounts to a lack of character. If you mention that Mundine has said some foolish things I'll remind you that Tony Abbott was Prime Minister and Pauline Hanson remains a senator.

Apologies, maybe the boxing thing is a touchy subject for you Winston? After all, in 1911, as the UK's home secretary, you banned interracial boxing matches in the United Kingdom and its colonies. I wonder, what kind of perspective or underlying views of other cultures motivated you to implement a law like like that?

Latrell Mitchell is out of form, and is under intense public and private scrutiny. More so than his team mates and even his coach. Where is your comparison to Todd Carney? To Darius Boyd? or Mitchell Pearce? Sam Burgess? to the other HUNDREDs of (at times) wayward NRL stars who aren't black yet can be prone to controversy and violence both on and off the pitch.

Why do black players only get to be compared to other black players?? There have been plenty of wayward and controversial footy players who aren't black who have been forgiven, and even exalted for their - ahem, redemption arcs. Even beyond controversy, Eric Grothe Jr largely wasted his immense talent in preference to playing music in Shinobi and chilling out. Latrell Mitchell has won two Premierships and a World Cup already. Take your pills Winston

You use the term "Future Inglis'. But GI had his depression, his benders, and would need extra time off with mob up north and extra cultural awareness around him all throughout his most of his career. Joey Johns did the same thing in his own self medicating fashion. Jeez Winston, your double standards have double standards.

He's just a footy player. And if he continues to suck he won't get picked, just like everyone else and he'll likely leave the club and take the classic traditional route down parramatta road and end up at Wests Tigers. So careful what you wish for Winston.
The greatest game is getting along and being good. We can't change the past.

I'm sure you were only giving @Winston Churchill a friendly rev-up Tigers, but this post is so well written with a perfect blend of history, humor etc.

We've now got 2 very talented orators, yourself and @The Chad.

This is how it will play out with latrell , he will pull the mental health card , and the NRL will shit its self and latrell will continue on his grubby way
And if the NRL don’t fold he will pull one of many Race cards he has up his sleeve, yep I said it , and it will happen , don’t dive on me yet , it will come

Tigers are you fingers sore that post would take me 2 hours with my one finger.😄

The hyperbolic 'disappearing into the annals of history' comment was referring to remembering him for a what if not a what is. For a career he could have had instead of remembering him for his career itself. The angry crash and burn style we are seeing in real time. You're welcome though that my flippant comment encouraged you to google what annals meant. You were today years old when you found out. Maybe it would have been easier for you to comprehend if I just simply said lost to history, but then you'd have no reason to reply so id see you. I got bored and stopped reading after you sperged out and missed the point. I'm sure you wrote something something yawn.

Your 4th account weve just found?

Sir Winston, I do beg your pardon, but Latrell Mitchell is 26 years old and he's already won more Premierships, played in more finals games, grand finals, and won more origins series than Robbie Farah did in his whole career. Prime Minster, I would humbly submit to you that this does not qualify as a "What If". It's more of a "Done it". The gentleman in question is still only 26.

In Luke Brooks years he's still in puberty and has endless potential!

Did Robbie Farah waste his career? Farah had his fair share of crash and burn moments too, some of it certainly his fault as much as others.

Prime Minister, you are of course correct. High tackles and sweary interviews mean the historical account of Latrell as a footballer will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Amen. God Save the King!

Sir Winston, I do beg your pardon, but Latrell Mitchell is 26 years old and he's already won more Premierships, played in more finals games, grand finals, and won more origins series than Robbie Farah did in his whole career. Prime Minster, I would humbly submit to you that this does not qualify as a "What If". It's more of a "Done it". The gentleman in question is still only 26.

In Luke Brooks years he's still in puberty and has endless potential!

Did Robbie Farah waste his career? Farah had his fair share of crash and burn moments too, some of it certainly his fault as much as others.

Prime Minister, you are of course correct. High tackles and sweary interviews mean the historical account of Latrell as a footballer will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Amen. God Save the King!
Favourite choice of drink?

Members online

Back