Knights V Tigers live game thread

that was a disappointing thread to read, could have been worse I guess, I could have been watching the game

Woke up this morning hoping things might feel better. Nope. Read the posts here. Lots of ideas and opinions. Mostly valid. Not feeling like anything will change. Same feeling as years past. Haven’t decided if the 2020 member sticker will come off just so I feel better about something I can control. Will still tune in next week. Tigers tragic.

@Geo said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1200056) said:
@jirskyr said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1200010) said:
@Magpie1969 said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1200002) said:
Love to be a fly on the wall if Marshall asks for an extension. If Maguire was dead set serious Marshall played his last career game tonight. Big fan but he was shit.

It was definitely old-school Benji Marshall defence tonight. He "did a Doueihi" getting in front of Essay Essay and turning his back, but at least Dou brought Junior Paulo down, not like Benji who basically gave Ese a Jupiter-style gravity slingshot towards the line.

Jupiter II

Lost in space

WARNING WARNING Alien Approaching
DANGER DANGER Will Robinson
You Bubble Headed Booby

@mike said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1200063) said:
@Geo said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1200056) said:
@jirskyr said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1200010) said:
@Magpie1969 said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1200002) said:
Love to be a fly on the wall if Marshall asks for an extension. If Maguire was dead set serious Marshall played his last career game tonight. Big fan but he was shit.

It was definitely old-school Benji Marshall defence tonight. He "did a Doueihi" getting in front of Essay Essay and turning his back, but at least Dou brought Junior Paulo down, not like Benji who basically gave Ese a Jupiter-style gravity slingshot towards the line.

Jupiter II

Lost in space

Dr Smith?

A team full of bumbling boobies.

List for hobo 1,players signed by Maguire
Doueihi, Kepaoa, Walters , Leilua brother’s, Jennings, Grant, Clark , Blore , Musgrove ,
Young players already at club that he has given a chance , Talau , Seyfarth, Garner, McIntyre, Hoffman ,Mikaele
I do think there is some good potential in that list we just need to get some good experienced players to guide them .On our performances that’s not going to be easy.For those saying It’s not Maguire’s squad look at the numbers sure not all his signings but still a fair chunk

Ok so who put a curse on us 9 years ago? Nearly 10 years of battling something is wrong with the place

@Tigerstar said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1200436) said:
Ok so who put a curse on us 9 years ago? Nearly 10 years of battling something is wrong with the place

It’s a conundrum Tigerstar, a real conundrum. It’s not like we’ve had all the same players over that whole period either, so it can’t just be the ‘team’. I’m beginning to think there may be some sort of curse on us because promising juniors never seem to reach their potential with us and every player that comes here from another club, even if they were playing well at their previous club, seems to fall into the abyss of mediocrity once they pull on a Tigers jersey. Even the coaches struggle or pull out early once they see the writing on the wall. I just don’t get it, I really don’t.

C’mon everyone, each season we know its a rollercoaster ride of emotions.
We will win next week.
score will be wests tiger 25
Bulldogs 18

Was talking to my father who turned 95 this week, he started to laugh and say, " Geez mate, I hope I live to see wests tigers play finals footy again "
Quite a harsh reality.

@Russell said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1200193) said:
@Tigerbuck63 said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1199106) said:
Where is Russell (Forum Member) tonight.
You gave me crap this week about the side and not having much expectation after losing to the Warriors. I hope you sitting back tonight and learning something about this side, as stated we just don't have the cattle to be a Top 8 team.
Clearly shows it again tonight, until we move the older players on we wont be competitive, Congrats on a crap performance fir the 250 game players tonight.

I'll give you crap again this week then.
You don't know what you are talking about - Rowdy was one of our best tonight
along with Packer, Blore and Lucy in the forwards. The rest very ordinary.

Forget the backs, we lost in the middle - what do you expect?

It’s not just about tonight it shows your a short term minded thinker. You stated that after the warriors game we would turn it around next week. You were incorrect it’s that’s simple and I called you out , stating my observation that until we have wholesale changes with the roster we are not a top 8 team and this season was finished after losing last week.

But with a score of 44 - 4 with no chance of making finals, let’s say my observations are correct, keep up the enthusiasm, at least Madge was more measured this week, he knows he is losing the dressing room after his outbursts shown on the cameras.

Thanks for your reply made me laugh, Crap Russell lol

@Tigerbuck63 said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1200457) said:
You gave me crap this week about the side and not having much expectation after losing to the Warriors. I hope you sitting back tonight and learning something about this side, as stated we just don't have the cattle to be a Top 8 team.
Clearly shows it again tonight, until we move the older players on we wont be competitive, Congrats on a crap performance fir the 250 game players tonight.

It’s not just about tonight it shows your a short term minded thinker. You stated that after the warriors game we would turn it around next week. You were incorrect it’s that’s simple and I called you out , stating my observation that until we have wholesale changes with the roster we are not a top 8 team and this season was finished after losing last week.

But with a score of 44 - 4 with no chance of making finals, let’s say my observations are correct, keep up the enthusiasm, at least Madge was more measured this week, he knows he is losing the dressing room after his outbursts shown on the cameras.

Losing the dressing room.....pft. I said it with Potter, I said it with JT. Whether or not you like the coach should be irrelevant. The coach runs the show. The players should shut the hell up and be thankful that they have the opportunity to play first grade and get paid multiple hundreds of thousands of dollars. Particularly when so many of us in the real world are struggling. I look forward to the day when a club really stands by the coach during tough times. Last night's game isn't on the coach. Those are big boys out there. It's a shame they didn't wear their big boy pants.

@gallagher said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1200208) said:
@hobbo1 said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1200202) said:

Thought it was funny though the way you got called out ..
Where is Russell ( forum member )
?

Where was the other Russell? 4 runs, what an effort

Running decoys and got given the ball - or you didn't see that?

Thanks for the reply and your kind words.

I am just so thankful that you have all the answers and solutions.

Thanks for all the insights as well, like Madge has lost the dressing room.

Needed a good laugh after a shocking defeat.

@Russell said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1200490) said:
@gallagher said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1200208) said:
@hobbo1 said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1200202) said:

Thought it was funny though the way you got called out ..
Where is Russell ( forum member )
?

Where was the other Russell? 4 runs, what an effort

Running decoys and got given the ball - or you didn't see that?

Yeah Russell, all those decoy runs. ?

Kevvie just confirmed both an ACL and MCL for Billy. Tough news, wish him all the best in his recovery.

@BalmainJnr said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1200565) said:
Kevvie just confirmed both an ACL and MCL for Billy. Tough news, wish him all the best in his recovery.

Poor bugger. All the best in recovery Billy

@Russell said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1200496) said:

Thanks for the reply and your kind words.

I am just so thankful that you have all the answers and solutions.

Thanks for all the insights as well, like Madge has lost the dressing room.

Needed a good laugh after a shocking defeat.

Your welcome agree was a shocking defeat.
Well the Players are fearful of the coach and being retained that expectation leads to them over thinking, dropped balls and woeful display like last night.
It looks to me that Madge needs to approach things a different way.
Changing the coach is not the solution, see what happens next year when he changes his roster around more.
Bulldogs next week what your thoughts will we win this one, let me know Tuesday after the team selections.

@Elderslie_Tiger said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1200044) said:
Bunker call leaves NRL world baffled as Knights are awarded ‘double movement’ try
NRL PREMIERSHIP
August 8, 2020 7:15pm
Source: FOX SPORTS
Jacob Saifiti is awarded a try despite it clearly being a double movement.
Jacob Saifiti is awarded a try despite it clearly being a double movement.Source: FOX SPORTS
Newcastle forward Jacob Saifiti was awarded a controversial try right on half time in Saturday’s clash with the Tigers which had fans fuming.
Replays showed the 24-year-old’s four-pointer was a clear double movement as he grounded the ball before the line and then grounded it again on the line in his second attempt.

Thank God it didn't change anything because it was as clear a double-movement as I've seen in the last few seasons.

Note to Horsehead that you don't have "momentum" when you have grounded the ball short of the line, you are being pushed backwards by defenders, and you have to pick it up to get it to the line.

Cost us the game I reckon the confidence they would have got from repelling Saifiti would have seen us put on 67 unanswered points..

Dogs ❌ - I think we'll belt them and get a bit of confidence back.
Roosters❌ - Roosters have been scraping together wins. I have a funny feeling we'll do them over in a boilover.
Panthers ❌ - Two wins a row and some confidence restored. We nearly beat them early in the year. I think we do it this time.
Manly ❌ - Manly are done. We'll wreck em.
Souths ❌ - We got cheated against Souths. We're on a four game win streak with wins again the team in first and the reigning premiers. The media will start to tout us. We'll be back inside the eight. The refs will play ball and we beat them by low double figures.
Storm ❌ - I'll be at this game and the Tigers have won the last 5 games in QLD that I've watched. Easy win. Thankfully this will also guarantee us finals footy before the final round so pressure release final round.
Parra ❌ - We beat them in an epic. Benji in tears as we put 8 straight on the board heading into the finals. We somehow jag a top four finish with this win.

Lock it in boys. The curse is over. We're coming home with 8 straight. Ironclad.

@facepalmer said in [Knights V Tigers live game thread](/post/1200949) said:
Dogs ❌ - I think we'll belt them and get a bit of confidence back.
Roosters❌ - Roosters have been scraping together wins. I have a funny feeling we'll do them over in a boilover.
Panthers ❌ - Two wins a row and some confidence restored. We nearly beat them early in the year. I think we do it this time.
Manly ❌ - Manly are done. We'll wreck em.
Souths ❌ - We got cheated against Souths. We're on a four game win streak with wins again the team in first and the reigning premiers. The media will start to tout us. We'll be back inside the eight. The refs will play ball and we beat them by low double figures.
Storm ❌ - I'll be at this game and the Tigers have won the last 5 games in QLD that I've watched. Easy win. Thankfully this will also guarantee us finals footy before the final round so pressure release final round.
Parra ❌ - We beat them in an epic. Benji in tears as we put 8 straight on the board heading into the finals. We somehow jag a top four finish with this win.

Lock it in boys. The curse is over. We're coming home with 8 straight. Ironclad.

I’ll have what you’re having!

Latest posts

Back