Kelepi Tanginoa

Bones

Written by THE MOLE , April 12, 2016
PARRAMATTA forward Kelepi Tanginoa can’t crack the top grade at the moment but is attracting plenty of interest from a number of rival NRL clubs.
\
\
Standing at 180cm and 102kg with a frame that resembles a body builder, Tanginoa has been arguably the most damaging player in the NSW Cup this season and his performances have reportedly caught the eye of the Tigers.

Tanginoa returned to the Eels this season after spending last year with the Cowboys but finds himself behind the likes of Manu Ma’u, Beau Scott, Tepai Moeroa and Kenny Edwards in a stacked Parramatta second row.

But his performances in the NSW Cup for Wentworthville haven’t gone unnoticed – most notably last week’s display against the Warriors when he racked up a mammoth 201 metres.

It is believed the Tigers have been tracking the 22-year-old’s progress the past few weeks and could be looking to engage the club over a transfer. However, Tanginoa is contracted to the Eels until the end of 2017 and are reportedly hesitant to grant the forward an early release should one be requested.

The Tigers, who are in the midst of a four-game losing streak, are struggling for depth at moment particularly in the back row. No Tigers back-rower recorded 100 metres or more in Sunday’s loss to the Knights.

The Tigers are also said to be tracking the progress of Panther’s workhorse Elijah Taylor. Taylor has played just two games for the club this season and will almost certainly leave the club at season’s end.

In addition to Wests, there are rumours swirling that the Bulldogs are also keeping tabs on Tanginoa, although the club may find it hard to fit the former junior Kangaroo under the salary cap following the recent long-term signing of Raymond Faitala-Mariner and Lamar Liolevave.

Taylor and Tanginoa would have to be better than 3 of the options that currently loiter in our backrow.

Would be a great signing i remember watching him when he was at Cowboys the bloke is solid

Would be a great signing i remember watching him when he was at Cowboys the bloke is solid

If he wants to sign Taylor and Tanginoa he should hurry up and do it because he might not be around too long if they keep losing

Was a loose cannon playing for the Townsville Blackhawks in the QCUP. Needs plenty of time to mature and control his aggression.

I really like Kelepi and would be happy with the signing.

Versatile as well can play edge or middle.

If this rumour is true and we are looking at him we are on the right track , this guy can be a gun in the top grade , just needs to get a shot and with woods and grant around him they may just settle him enough to play great footy , and if we are looking at Taylor as well I think this would add some real power to our pack
I would go after Taylor first but

Well and good about signing players but they never get promoted it is just a waste of time talking about .. He probable would be on a 5th teir contract

If they have heart, soul and passion then sign them up asap as our current crop appear devoid of it.

If another club is interesting in them their goes our chances.

@Snake said:
Well and good about signing players but they never get promoted it is just a waste of time talking about .. He probable would be on a 5th teir contract

Our only hope is…..Rankin , Lovett and Buchanan need to get in there ear and tell them what they have been doing to play 1st Grade .
Rankin washes JT's Car once a week , Lovett helps out with JT's sons training and Buchanan walks JT's Dog every night .
There is no other explanation for there 1st Grade selection.

Could be something in this,with Tigers clearing the decks recently with Lamar Lioievave and now Jessi Parahi departing. Yes Parahi going back to rugby.

Any chance of signing someone who will walk straight into first grade and is guaranteed to do a good job?

Funny we are tracking this guy and that guy. I wonder if someone at Tigers is keeping a spreadsheet.

@The Phantom said:
Could be something in this,with Tigers clearing the decks recently with Lamar Lioievave and now Jessi Parahi departing. Yes Parahi going back to rugby.

Pretty sure Parahi was/is second tier anyway.

This guy could be our Jason Taumalolo. we lack physical presence and just mongrel in our defence. He looks like he can run decent line also esp playing inside Brooks.
We get Taylor and Kelepi Tanginoa and i would be happy as they means we can brush Lovett and Sirro can watch someone who can run a decent line and show some mongrel.

Throw Edwards on the bench and our pack starts to take the look of a hard hitting unit.

Latest posts

Members online

Back