Junior Reps 2022

For backs maybe. I can't forget poor old Adam Ritson and how he may have benefited from being held back instead of playing because he was big enough.
I feel the same about young Miller from Wests Matt's team. Yes he is enormous, but I reckon there needs to be a duty of care until they are fed to the lions so to speak
Lawrence, Nanai, Sualii etc have managed fine. Depends on the invidual, but yes size is only one requirement for first grade

Just came across this video, I know large is 22 and Karnib is 4 but does anyone know who 13 is, he’s pretty good
Anyone watching this vid, keep an eye out for #22 (five-eighth) Onitoni Large, #4 (fullback) Ali Karnib and #13 (halfback) Alex Isdale.

Some of the best young spine players in the country.

All three of them turn 16 in 2023.

Anyone watching this vid, keep an eye out for #22 (five-eighth) Onitoni Large, #4 (fullback) Ali Karnib and #13 (halfback) Alex Isdale.

Going of that clip Large is in another galaxy compared to any of those kids, buckets of talent.

Very impressive. Isdale looks the organiser who is still dangerous with ball in hand. Every time Large touched the ball it looked effortless and was all class. Karnib looks a talent and has some x factor about him. Good to watch him in open space! The number 3 and 24 both looked good too...maybe Makasini and Ta'ai.

Far too good for the opposition!

Very impressive. Isdale looks the organiser who is still dangerous with ball in hand. Every time Large touched the ball it looked effortless and was all class. Karnib looks a talent and has some x factor about him. Good to watch him in open space! The number 3 and 24 both looked good too...maybe Makasini and Ta'ai.

Hopefully sheens and co have signed them all up long term

#3 (left centre) is Glassie Glassie, not sure of #24.

This is my youngest brother’s age-group and he plays with a lot of these boys, so I know this group quite well.

#3 (left centre) is Glassie Glassie, not sure of #24.

This is my youngest brother’s age-group and he plays with a lot of these boys, so I know this group quite well.
Thanks mate! He looked strong and powerful in the centres and had a real combination going with Large. Some real talented kids there! We should be a force in the rep comps for the next few years at least.

Makasini (Newington) & Large
Scots college played together
In union before league, talented

That's Onitoni Large mate.

Very, very good.
What I will say is I went to school with his dad, and he was a very dominant athlete at the same age (athletics, rugby league, soccer, even cricket). That was less true when we graduated at 18 years old.

And obviously one of the main factors in converting these young kids is what happens when they all turn 18 and the physical capacity evens out, and they start playing men who know how to defend.

Not taking anything away from the kid, just I've seen so many hyped 15 year olds who can't take that next step; there needs to be a lot of patience with this talent pool. I say that because struggling clubs sometimes have difficulty pacing the grading of their best juniors.

Latest posts

Members online

Back