JT feeling the pressure already

hybrid_tiger

Looks like JT is feeling the pressure already after last week's capitulation.

He's spent most of the pre-match press conference today whinging about the draw, and how it's unfair that we have to play the Bulldogs twice in such a short space of time.

While I agree that the draw is stupid and should be more evenly spread out, why on earth is he talking about this now? The draw has been known for months. He didn't say anything about it when it was released, did he?

That fact is that all teams are good enough to win on their day. The whole 'we should've played a lesser team' is a load of crap. If you're good enough you beat whoever is there on the day and we haven't been good enough to beat Canberra and a depleted Bulldogs team.

If we didn't give up two 20 point leads we are equal first, simple as that.

These comments have a defeatist attitude about them, I don't like it one bit. Very poor form.

@hybrid_tiger said:

He's spent most of the pre-match press conference today whinging about the draw, and how it's unfair that we have to play the Bulldogs twice in such a short space of time.

While I agree that the draw is stupid and should be more evenly spread out, why on earth is he talking about this now? The draw has been known for months. He didn't say anything about it when it was released, did he?

That fact is that all teams are good enough to win on their day. The whole 'we should've played a lesser team' is a load of crap. If you're good enough you beat whoever is there on the day and we haven't been good enough to beat Canberra and a depleted Bulldogs team.

These comments have a defeatist attitude about them, I don't like it one bit. Very poor form.

Agree - as coach of this young side, we need a coach that is telling everyone he's got the confidence we can beat any team on any day (whether they actually believe it or not)

@Benjirific said:
Agree - as coach of this young side, we need a coach that is telling everyone he's got the confidence we can beat any team on any day (whether they actually believe it or not)

The forum's not happy if they do that either, check out the Tim Simona thread where everyone's giving him grief for saying they're pumped for a big game.

@hybrid_tiger said:

Another thing I noticed the WT twitter profile commenting that Josh Morris has been ruled out for tomorrow night. Why are we focussing on their team for? Some negative comments comments coming out of the club.

We should be hell-bent on smashing them for the full 80 minutes, whoever shows up!!

JT should have been feeling the pressure the first day he walked in the joint…what did he think it was going to be,easy,..

Coach taking away pressure from brooks and mosses???
\
\
\
\
Taylor has the media on a string.

Seriously. media puppets asking the same questions each week.

We keep hearing the same dribble each week.

How about asking some of the following:

1\. What's the go with your right edge. are you placing Lawrence in second row?
2\. How long will you persist with halves if continue to loose games

Actually the Tigers have one of the better draws ..anyway why would JT complain about the Dogs they have heaps out! Or does he now realise what he actually has to work with and know they are going to be touched up by a depleted team?
As the weeks progress my opinion of JT is starting to ware a bit , the capitulations of late come right back to the philosophy of the coach IMO,if this week is bad there HAS to be changes to the squad otherwise JT is just another run of the mill coach with a new diet!

A couple of good points LT,i heard Fitler questioning the role of Moses within the team a few weeks back,but out side of Freddy no one else has ask the same question.

Mate - JT is clearing decks, so to speak. He is getting rid of whoever wants to go and hasn't recruited anyone. If you look at JT's squad compared to the rest of the NRL its a miracle we are doing as well as we are. His working with the team that got their bottoms smacked last year minus the top players of that under performing team.

What's JT's grand plan? I have no idea.

Is Jason Taylor a crap coach? No way.

Hopefully we have some decent money to be active on the player's market.

Speedy centre and an experienced second row with some mongrel.

Lawrence to second row or hopefully offloaded to English Super League to free up more money.

I love what JT is doing. The Tigers have a long history of buying has beens and players that are discards. I was a little unsure when he first signed but the moment he sent Takarangi back and said we'd look at signing player next year I'd knew he'd be alright.

If people seriously looked at our draw at the start of the season the Souths, Dogs Warriors games would have all been predicted losses. The Raiders game was a weird game with that howler of a wind and I'm prepared to say lesson learnt, we need to man up more in periods of our games.

Young side, minimal depth, new young halves, I think our team is going awesome considering.

My predictions for the latter half of the year are
1\. Some horrific losses due to injury and lack of depth but
2\. The "spine" will click and have everyone taking notice

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

@hybrid_tiger said:

The draw is based on where you finish the year before

We got the draw we deserved

Personally I reckon we couldn't have the Dogs at a better time , no Morris brothers , no James Graham , what else does JT want ??

@hybrid_tiger said:

He must be stupid me thinks :unamused: . Does he realize the amount of players they have missing through injuries and Suspensions ? They have 4 internationals missing :brick:

James Graham (suspended)
Klemmer (suspended)
Brett Morris (injured)
Josh Morris (injured)
Tim Lafai (injured)

I would of thought this would be the best time to play them again , especially after the embarrassment of Leichardt Oval last Weekend . You would think motivation won't be a problem tomorrow night .

Ok here we go again,I heard Taylor say in a media interview "we must be good in defence and we must play for the 80 mins…we have talked about that since the great preseason we had"...

This is round 8,he said in the Tigers media interview on the web site this morning our defence was poor against the Raiders and we must play for 80 mins...
\
\
How long does it take for this to sink into the top NRL squad we have...do they not at least try to follow through with their training and video sessions they have of previous games...

Same mistakes,switch off and don't play for 80,have leads worn down and get beat....

Even a pup will learn not to pee on the floor if you rub his nose in it enough....

Bag me again if you like,however,if you are paid to play NRL and are getting selected on the reputed talents you have,then at least live up to some of the expectation and hype spoken of...

This is why I think there is pressure on JT,the awesome reputed talent he has at his disposal may not be what they are cracked up to be,I don't care how young they are and not just Brooks and Moses but young forwards as well,you can't call yourself an NRL player,which is a professional sport,if you can't be professional for 80mins a week,that means give your all while on the field,if you do your very best then that's fine,if anyone thinks our lot done their very best on Sunday infront of a great LO crowd for 80 mins then please feel free to having some input....

@TrueTiger said:
Ok here we go again,I heard Taylor say in a media interview "we must be good in defence and we must play for the 80 mins…we have talked about that since the great preseason we had"...

This is round 8,he said in the Tigers media interview on the web site this morning our defence was poor against the Raiders and we must play for 80 mins...
\
\
How long does it take for this to sink into the top NRL squad we have...do they not at least try to follow through with their training and video sessions they have of previous games...

Same mistakes,switch off and don't play for 80,have leads worn down and get beat....

Even a pup will learn not to pee on the floor if you rub his nose in it enough....

Bag me again if you like,however,if you are paid to play NRL and are getting selected on the reputed talents you have,then at least live up to some of the expectation and hype spoken of...

This is why I think there is pressure on JT,the awesome reputed talent he has at his disposal may not be what they are cracked up to be,I don't care how young they are and not just Brooks and Moses but young forwards as well,you can't call yourself an NRL player,which is a professional sport,if you can't be professional for 80mins a week,that means give your all while on the field,if you do your very best then that's fine,if anyone thinks our lot done their very best on Sunday infront of a great LO crowd for 80 mins then please feel free to having some input....

You really wear your heart on your sleeve. Good on you.

@Chevy said:
A couple of good points LT,i heard Fitler questioning the role of Moses within the team a few weeks back,but out side of Freddy no one else has ask the same question.

Pfft, how would he know what our five halves should be doing?

Oh right, _that_ Brad Fitler.

Taylor can only answer questions put to him by the muppets in the media….I have listened to it and what he says is true as far as the draw is concerned....didn't come across as negative or under pressure to me,,,

We should just avoid the media altogether...everyone would be happy then I'm sure...

Fact is we should've beaten them when we played them last. Now they've lost more players, and important ones at that, and JT is complaining?
This is the best possible time to face the Dogs; they're understrength, possibly overconfident, and we're coming off an embarrassing shellacking by a spoon contender.
If JT does his job properly, Tigers by 20+

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

Back