John Bateman #268

That is a discretionary penalty. A referee can effect those against any team when ever it takes their fancy. A player has no control over that! A player who makes more tackles than most statistically is more chance of being penalized. You can't have workers in your team around the ball - make 48 tackles - and expect that they won't get pinged occasionally.
He’s not getting pulled up on 50/50s. I can see that he’s going to give away a penalty 1 or 2 seconds before it happens. He just puts himself in dumb positions. He and his contract is a dead weight around the neck of this club.

John Bateman is the biggest problem in our forward pack.

Seems everyone overlooks the rest of the forward pack to make this statement.

Forward balance is off. Not enough impact runners, too many same-same guys.

You can't have Twal & Seyfarth on the bench & have Klemmer start. Even Utoikamanu is in the same style of player. These are not impactful, momentum creating players.

2 of the 4 should be there. Then you need a bowling ball & a hulk of some kind to create mismatches & momentum.

Bateman is playing in an ineffective mix.

We should have chased Luciano.

The final legacy of Sheenius himself. The long term deal for Bateman.
Remember how important it was not to rush him into FG once he got over here after he got his Visa sorted. It really paid off.

he’s not great but he’s certainly still a starter for us…prefer him at lock I will say. Would like to see Doueihi come in at right edge when fit. Papalii and Batemen are supposed to be elite edge forwards and they certainly aren’t playing like it…both in pretty poor form

he’s not great but he’s certainly still a starter for us…prefer him at lock I will say. Would like to see Doueihi come in at right edge when fit. Papalii and Batemen are supposed to be elite edge forwards and they certainly aren’t playing like it…both in pretty poor form
It’s an indictment on them that a 20 and 21 year old are putting them to shame atm.

John Bateman is the biggest problem in our forward pack.

Seems everyone overlooks the rest of the forward pack to make this statement.

Forward balance is off. Not enough impact runners, too many same-same guys.

You can't have Twal & Seyfarth on the bench & have Klemmer start. Even Utoikamanu is in the same style of player. These are not impactful, momentum creating players.

2 of the 4 should be there. Then you need a bowling ball & a hulk of some kind to create mismatches & momentum.

Bateman is playing in an ineffective mix.

We should have chased Luciano.
Twal seems like a nice guy but I'd piss him off and get an impact forward.

It’s not enough for me …

Defence is only half the game …

Also…he gIves away too many penalties and should be a better example to the young guys in the team wih his discipline
The more work you do the more likely you are going to get penalized. The best example he can give to young players is to work hard and he competes for the full eighty

just watched the replay - batmeman was literally defending his heart out - how on earth can you say he was the main issue here.... if we had half the blokes with his starch we would be top 8......what a yawn to get on his case...
I couldn't believe how Bateman slacked off vs Bulldogs with the Josh Curran try.
1714840296227.png
It could be a bad angle, but it honestly looks like Bateman was the closest player and you see Bula get involved but not Bateman.

Some of the best players have bad form at times....especially in poor teams that arent up to their standards...If people want to punt anybody,start with Benji for playing Bateman in the middle when his best FORM is on the edge...
Sezar was in the mix all game talking,questioning the ref and sorting the kicking game he showed more in one game than Brooks did in 10 years as a halfback when it comes to leading and organising...its hard when players of experience are mixed in with youth who are just getting started and dont know the complete workings of NRL....
The youth have to learn and if you know anything about the game,it frustrates the hell out of you when you know how to play at the top level and others dont..thats our problem,a majority of the team are still learning and this makes it hard for experienced players as well as the coaching staff..It will gradually come together but it takes time and losses,blaming certain individuals for the loss today is pretty poor.its a team game....

Back