OFFICIAL Jersey Flegg Cup

So many things just don't make sense here. Tavano is a good winger, so we put him at 5/8. Hodges is a very promising honey, so we put him at lock. Wilson is a 5/8 so he's at hooker. Nicholas is a decent lock but we move him to be an undersized prop.
Just let players play in their best positions and pick them there
The Flegg coach must have played under Tim Sheens at some stage and picked up some of his most out there decisions. ;)

Is Saukuru top 30 or development next year?
Top 30 in 2025 + '26.

Asu Kepaoa and Tony Sukkar played in Cup on the weekend. Interesting a flegg-eligible development player in Sukkar is playing ahead of a top 30 contracted player in Tumeth at the moment. Unsure what the strategy is there. See what happens this week. Given Asu is likely to be 18th man again for NRL, or even named in the team if Twal doesn't get up, there will be repercussions for the Cup team so Tumeth could be named in Kepaoa's edge spot which then affects Flegg selections. I doubt the Cup team names that centre they had in Canberra. Just didn't seem up to it. Probably stay with Casey and Vaihu which leaves an edge available.
Sukkar is a beast strong lad. He’s destined for first grade in my opinion. Will end up a large human as he gets older.

Down 22-4 at half time somebody drank some pickle juice and we are up 30 - 22 with a few minutes left. No one binned or sent off.

Down 22-4 at half time somebody drank some pickle juice and we are up 30 - 22 with a few minutes left. No one binned or sent off.
Dragons are 2nd in flegg aswell

Impressive if we can hold on

The highlights from Saturday's win are up on the NSWRL website.

Although the highlights are like 2% of the actual game time, it was good to see some classy plays from Solo Saukuru, Maxwell Taotua, Lachlan Broederlow, Chris Faagutu & Herman Tofaeoano.

And tbh these are the only guys in Flegg this season that have shown signs of going to the next level, along with Vaka Aho & possibly Cayne Nicholas/Zak Clarke.

The highlights from Saturday's win are up on the NSWRL website.

Although the highlights are like 2% of the actual game time, it was good to see some classy plays from Solo Saukuru, Maxwell Taotua, Lachlan Broederlow, Chris Faagutu & Herman Tofaeoano.

And tbh these are the only guys in Flegg this season that have shown signs of going to the next level, along with Vaka Aho & possibly Cayne Nicholas/Zak Clarke.
Broederlow looks really good at this level, hopefully he can continue to develop given the state of out back row stocks.

loved the short pass from Faagutu to Tofaeono, gives you an outline of just how skilful he is.

would like to see Saukuru go up a grade to get a better idea of where he’s at.

It'll be a good test for the boys this week going up against 2nd place Penrith. They knocked Dragons off of 2nd place last weekend so hopefully they can do the same again.

It'll be a good test for the boys this week going up against 2nd place Penrith. They knocked Dragons off of 2nd place last weekend so hopefully they can do the same again.
Appreciate your insights from what you have seen of the lads this season. Do you know if Aho is injured atm? I think Aho, Faagutu, Broederlow & Saukuru have the most scope to keep developing.

Like the athletic size about Max Taotua who was given a run last week. I'd suspect Mitch Taotua will be given a run soon in the backrow too as he is a size we lack in the backrow through the grades.

Appreciate your insights from what you have seen of the lads this season. Do you know if Aho is injured atm? I think Aho, Faagutu, Broederlow & Saukuru have the most scope to keep developing.

Like the athletic size about Max Taotua who was given a run last week. I'd suspect Mitch Taotua will be given a run soon in the backrow too as he is a size we lack in the backrow through the grades.
I'm not sure sorry but I have been impressed with big John Tuipolotu coming off the bench after big Herman and Faagutu set the platform. He brings aggression and energy off the bench. Apart from his one brain explosion against the storm where he shoulder charged one of their players before half time he's been very good since coming into the side.

Broederlow being a right edge forward who can make a line break is a big positive.
Let’s hope he keeps progressing.
I’ve been disappointed in the few times I’ve watched Faagatu live, but the fact he’s capable of taking the ball to the line at speed and passing before the line is something nobody else on our squad does.
He will be playing NRL real soon if he keeps doing that regularly. He’s also probably one of our most aggressive front on defenders, maybe I just bought him on a few games where he was not at his best.

Broederlow being a right edge forward who can make a line break is a big positive.
Let’s hope he keeps progressing.
I’ve been disappointed in the few times I’ve watched Faagatu live, but the fact he’s capable of taking the ball to the line at speed and passing before the line is something nobody else on our squad does.
He will be playing NRL real soon if he keeps doing that regularly. He’s also probably one of our most aggressive front on defenders, maybe I just bought him on a few games where he was not at his best.
I agree with you in terms of Broederlow. The times I've watched him play he's always been a strong runner and seems to know how to get past his defender. Also a strong defender at times. That highlight of Faagutus ball playing is what he had been doing as a lock in QLD prior to coming down. Mind you he had the likes of Jye Gray, Stanley Huen and Blake Mozer in his team as well but I hope we can use his ball playing ability as it'll provide another piece to our attack.

Jersey Flegg Cup - Round 7 vs. Panthers

Saturday, April 20 - 11:15 a.m. AEST
BlueBet Stadium, Penrith

WESTS TIGERS

1. Faaletino Tavana
2. Will Craig
3. Solomone Saukuru
4. Maxwell Taotua
5. Te Umuariki Heremia-Tukere
6. Naati Teaupa
7. Iverson Matai
8. Herman Tofaeono
9. Kobie Wilson (c)
10. Chris Faagutu
11. Lachlan Broederlow
12. Cayne Nicholas
13. Bailey Hodges

14. Thomas Fisher
15. Fangavalu Hammond
16. John Tuipulotu
17. Vaka Aho

18. Metuisela Taungatua
Coach: Leon Latulipe

INS: Iverson Matai, Bailey Hodges, Fangavalu Hammond, Vaka Aho

OUTS: Brenden Naicori (injured), Jonathan Ibrahim, Zakauri Clarke, Metuisela Taungatua

Latest posts

Back