Jayson Bukuya

@sheer64 said:
We should have done a swap with Thompson!

The only we didn't is most likely because we have close to zero cap space left. Strange as it seems both Thompson and Bukuya are each leaving their current clubs on compassionate/family reasons.

Right, and how do you swap a player that isn't under contract?

I hope we end up signing him. I was a fan of him when he was at the Sharks. We need an experienced backrower, he's the perfect fit for us.

@Newtown said:
@sheer64 said:

The only we didn't is most likely because we have close to zero cap space left. Strange as it seems both Thompson and Bukuya are each leaving their current clubs on compassionate/family reasons.

That's inflation for you I guess… $6.55 million just doesn't go as far as it used to.

@Newtown said:
@sheer64 said:

One reason we didn't is maybe we have close to zero cap space left. Strange as it seems both Thompson and Bukuya are each leaving their current clubs on compassionate/family reasons.

@happy tiger said:
@GNR4LIFE said:

Take him hostage I'd guess GNR

With players like Austin,Thompson and others moving away from the club that may be the only solution we have left to keeping them.

@Irvine said:
@Newtown said:
@sheer64 said:

That's inflation for you I guess… $6.55 million just doesn't go as far as it used to.

Not if you spend $6.55 million wisely.

@GNR4LIFE said:

Bodene actually signed a 2 year contract with the Tigers if you read the press release, you might have saw that.

Sharks are chasing him , I think he will be there next season , we need to look at some of the Poms , may be some one in there who wants a shot at nrl , never know

The only issue with the pom backrowers is that they aren't very good at the wrestle. Everything else they are pretty good.

@Newtown said:
@Irvine said:
@Newtown said:
@sheer64 said:

Not if you spend $6.55 million wisely.

Some think it's wise to use part of salary cap money to pay other expenses.

@madunit said:
The only issue with the pom backrowers is that they aren't very good at the wrestle. Everything else they are pretty good.

Neither our boys! So they'll fit right in.

@macca84 said:
@GNR4LIFE said:

Bodene actually signed a 2 year contract with the Tigers if you read the press release, you might have saw that.

It never said he signed anything, if you read the press release you might have saw that. All it said was that he agreed to terms. For all we know it might have only been a verbal agreement, which would mean squat.

Verbal contracts are still contracts. Fact of the matter is no NRL contracts, verbal or written seem to be worth the paper they are written on. In any case, Bodene wanted to go and Wests granted the release. So both parties are happy. Now lets move on and continue to speculate what big name back rower we might heist!

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.4_

Latest posts

Members online

Back