Jayden "Bud" Sullivan #278

I'm fine with him being released. For mine he's the odd man out next year with Luai coming in.

So... What are we Whinging about here?

We have:
Galvin
Fainu
Sezer
Sullivan

Sezer and Galvin have put up their hands... We want First grade positions.

GREAT. Sezer/Galvin has been the best halves pairing our club has had since MM/Blake Austin. I suspect that they will be even greater in due time.

Latu Fainu will hopefully put his hand up too

This is GREAT, it is Fantastic.

Sure, I would rather have not signed a spare 500k half but what's done is done.

Because all of them now are going to be watching their backs. Sullivan ain't up to scratch. But he will be a motivator. The Knights performed very well with 4 halves ready to go in Clune, Hastings, Crossland and others. We can do the same, keep Galvin and Sezer fighting for their spots...

Sullivan can bench it with an occasional lick at first grade, keeping the actual stars on their toes.
THE big difference is both our backup halves...and u cld throw Douhi in there as well...are costing us $500k each...its a misuse of our cap.

600 k a year no one will touch him, we will have to contribute lots of money
Yep. It’s fantasy to think another club will take him off our hands, You cannot trash a player then expect another club to take them. We’re the idiots who signed him. We have to wear it.

Yep. It’s fantasy to think another club will take him off our hands, You cannot trash a player then expect another club to take them. We’re the idiots who signed him. We have to wear it.
yea your so right..we should have wondered why Flanogan was so keen to get rid of him

Bud needs to go back to a grade football, that is his standard, don’t want to see him in 1st very again

I think he's a talented player but it's not working for him at the moment. He doesn't do anything with any kind of intensity.
I think the UK would be a good move for him for the next 2-3 years like other young halves have done.

Reactions: BZN
I think he's a talented player but it's not working for him at the moment. He doesn't do anything with any kind of intensity.
I think the UK would be a good move for him for the next 2-3 years like other young halves have do
I think the UK would be a good move for him for the next 2-3 years like other young halves have done.
All a bit harsh only 21, back to reggies get some confidence then give it another try when needed. Lot worst powder puffs in our team last week.

Hopefully Hull FC are keeping tabs as they are after NRL players to replace Tex Hoy & Manu Brown asap.

Benji needs to sit him down & ask him if he really wants to be an NRL player. There’s just no effort, no heart, no urgency no nothing.
Yep, I had a lot of hope that Sezer would really step up on Sunday with some valuable coaching and personal guidance from Benji.
When our team were singing our club song after our last win, Benji had his arm around Bud's shoulders which I took as being a vote of confidence in him for Sunday's game, but it unfortunately wasn't to be.
But as @finnzo said, he's still very young, so maybe it's going to take a bit longer to get him going.

And that's fine Benji is a young coach as long as he learns

But to be honest my prediction of 7 wins for the season trying for 8 is very upside down was thinking two wins now but from today's game and dolphins
This season still has a looong way to go Od, so your original prediction still has a chance of being true.

Yeah, let’s increase his salary and give him a 5 year extension. 🤣🤣
But as somebody said he’s young and hesitant about his role. I’d like to see him with some Galvin confidence but that comes from within.
I just don’t think we could give him away at present, so the coach has to keep working with him on his shortcomings and turn him around.
It’s like Blore, I read in the Melbourne paper today that Bellamy said he came from the Tigers underdone and very hesitant. He was going to replace him the other night but he said how impressed he was that he worked through, played the full 80 and scored the winning try.
We’ve got lots of players in that boat so perseverance and hard work the key.
Confidence doesn't have to entirely come from within Hb61.
If you/me/whoever is married to the rite person, he or she can build your confidence and bring out the Best in you so you go on and achieve bigger and better things.
I reckon the same applies to Benji and in this case Bud Sezer.
So, it's 'possible' Benji can still get Bud to come out of himself and perform at a much higher level.
Some people get it quickly, others take a bit longer.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back