Jayden "Bud" Sullivan #278

Laurie came with similar raps
Good point.
I just hope Benji instills a “ play with confidence” mantra, and if and when mistakes happen, just pick yourselves up and go again.
I just think back to several games this season where they just didn’t seem to have confidence in their own abilities.
I guess that’s because we kept getting punished for our mistakes.

Starting to think it was a mistake getting rid of Brooks. I will miss his signature plays, like kicking into the opposition's legs, and the no-look pass to his second rower who gets smashed. Bud has a lot of work to do in the off season if he is to be a worthy successor to the true king of Leichhardt.
Don’t worry mate, Bud absolutely knocked the door down at the Dragons. They didn’t experiment at all in the halves while he was there and his halfback partner was really happy there. They were a great attacking team too. Almost like the Dragons team when they won 11 straight comps. Or like when Benji won the comp there. He’s a certified hall of famer for sure.

Interesting to me a lot of people on the forum are writing off Sullivan pretty early... can I ask why? Only 22 years old, hasn't been given a consistent run in first grade, has showed that he can provide X factor in attack & also has a bit of flair to him. I have heaps of family who are Dragons fans & they're all absolutely fuming that Bud was let go !!! I'm actually excited to see what we can do with a consistent run in first grade.

Interesting to me a lot of people on the forum are writing off Sullivan pretty early... can I ask why? Only 22 years old, hasn't been given a consistent run in first grade, has showed that he can provide X factor in attack & also has a bit of flair to him. I have heaps of family who are Dragons fans & they're all absolutely fuming that Bud was let go !!! I'm actually excited to see what we can do with a consistent run in first grade.

You aren’t too concerned about what people here think right?

Half the people commenting on him would never have watched him play,,,

I would like to see Sezer and Bud start , gives the young manly recruit time to settle in and have a couple games in 2 nd grade to show coach he’s up to it , he could snag a spot on the bench as Bud could play a few spots I would think and if we heeded to make a move due to injury I think we will be fine , I also think there could be a few suprises in Benjis teams , he clearly stated prove you want it train like you want it earn it , I like it

Sullivan can play. little doubt there. most are aware of his time in the lower grades and his ability, plus the fact that his development has been hampered by the pandemic, injury and Anthony Griffin.

the only thing that is unfortunate for Bud is the fact that there are three potentially generational halves below him gunning for a spot next to Jarome Luai: Lachlan Galvin, Latu Fainu and Onitoni Large.

he has the inside running for now as he will be given first crack in the halves for next season, but ultimately I'm not sure he possesses the abilities of those three mentioned.

he has all the makings of an NRL regular, but whether it's with Wests Tigers is up for questioning. competition for spots does bring out the best in people mind you, so it's entirely up to him whether he can go to another level and see them off, but at this stage I believe it's highly unlikely.

the only thing that is unfortunate for Bud is the fact that there are three potentially generational halves below him gunning for a spot next to Jarome Luai: Lachlan Galvin, Latu Fainu and Onitoni Large.
Seriously dude. Calm down. No pressure in that statement.

I’m gonna back him. He’s gonna kill it. He always killed us back then…

I’m gonna back him. He’s gonna kill it. He always killed us back then…
What’s one of the forum’s most popular sayings? We can make the most average player look world class. Just saying, killing us isn’t much of an endorsement.

He's got an easier path to be our 14. It's good to see he wants that number 7 though.
he does, but there will be competition on that front as well. Tallyn will likely spell Api and have his workload increased from 2025 onwards, while Heath Mason can cover fullback, the halves and 13.

both are local juniors who I think the club will prioritise when push comes to shove.

What’s one of the forum’s most popular sayings? We can make the most average player look world class. Just saying, killing us isn’t much of an endorsement.
He did kill us to be fair one of them was a match winning try. Everyone can kill us

And he’s no average. Dragons were stupid not to use him.

Latest posts

Members online

Back