Jarome Luai - Official

I look at Luai & I see Bateman in the halves.

No. Not the same type of player.

But they have that competitiveness that makes up for whatever deficiencies they have elsewhere.

I think what Luai brings most is the focus to not let the team drift out of a game the way we often do, particularly if we have a couple of bad decisions go against us.

We have a few players now, with that edge. But none other than Api are on the ball all game.

Luai offers that. If he can pass that on to Galvin & Fainu as well, that is culture changing.
Its interesting as we have had:

Fainu
Galvin
Sullivan

Walk in to the squad. Really only one of those players have proven their worth yet.
Luai is a top shelf player, but a top shelf 5/8. ... We have taken a gamble, definately Luai is quality and will add attitude and leadership to the team. I expect good combinations with Api.

Flip it, we hired Josh Reynolds on attitude.

It's a risk that Luai will perform in our team, a risk I think is the right one.
It's a larger risk that Luai will be our halfback. That is a massive skill transition. Yet I think Luai can do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BZN
Marshall and Pascoe were so desperate to keep the discussions quiet, they left the club’s Centre of Excellence at Concord in separate cars – at different times – to throw people off the scent. ...... Along with Pascoe, Marshall had largely kept the Tigers’ board of directors in the dark about the movements as they did their best to stop their chase of Luai filtering into the public domain.

That's an embarrassing reflection on our board of the time.
There has always been leaks and i wonder why coaches never worked harder to stop it. Keep everything in house.

Anyone talks to the press out of context gets the sack.

Reactions: BZN
Its interesting as we have had:

Fainu
Galvin
Sullivan

Walk in to the squad. Really only one of those players have proven their worth yet.
Luai is a top shelf player, but a top shelf 5/8. ... We have taken a gamble, definately Luai is quality and will add attitude and leadership to the team. I expect good combinations with Api.

Flip it, we hired Josh Reynolds on attitude.

It's a risk that Luai will perform in our team, a risk I think is the right one.
It's a larger risk that Luai will be our halfback. That is a massive skill transition. Yet I think Luai can do it.
Eh he played halfbac in the juniors. Just the long kicking game is the only issue.

Look at the storm with hughes. Hes a fullback/5/8th turned into a halfback. He still is a runnr though.

Galvin Luai and api will be dangerous.

Eh he played halfbac in the juniors. Just the long kicking game is the only issue.

Look at the storm with hughes. Hes a fullback/5/8th turned into a halfback. He still is a runnr though.

Galvin Luai and api will be dangerous.
his long kicking is improving quite a lot this year. I can see him being our halfback kicking long from our end but I'm still looking to see if he can vary his kicks and last tackle plays. He nearly kicked a 40/20 against us last week

Last edited:

Staff online

Back