James Tedesco

Vicious

I`ve never seen this kid play, but I know people who reckon he`s a definate star of the future. I`ve noticed that he seems to be a try scoring machine at all levels including when he was playing for the Australian Schoolboys.
Noticed he scored 5 tries on the weekend, i`m sure he`ll be straight into our Toyota Cup side once the S.G Ball season finishes.
Anyone got any more info on him?

Nope but sounds like an excellent finisher to keep an eye on.

Tedesco is brilliant to watch… reads the game so well and is just one of those players who looks like he has more time and brains than the others....another St. Greg's boy.. best described as a Billy Slater type with plenty of speed and strong out of dummy half.

It's not only his ability to score tries..A big reason the SG Ball side have only conceded 43 points in 5 games is his ability to read the play and orgainse the defensive line.

Best at fullback but could fill in anywhere in the backline...certainly a star of the future no doubt.

@MacDougall said:
Is he a decent build or is he slight like Mullaney?

Saw a photo of him in the 2010 Australian Schoolboys and I'd say he's bigger than Mullaney at the same age.

@MacDougall said:
Is he a decent build or is he slight like Mullaney?

Watched him play on the weekend against the central coast,he was dynamic.He is Slater like in build and also in how he reads the game .Always seemed to be in the right place and has electric accelleration.I know he scored a few tries but he also made few tries for his outside backs aswell.The whole wests SG Ball side is impressive,just ask my son who played against them.

I dont like to say any 17yo kid is a "star", but this boy certainly has a quality about him.

Not just with the way he runs the ball etc., but like B&W said earlier his ability to read the play and organise the defensive line is impressive. He's constantly talking from the back giving instructions and has saved a number of tries for the Magpies this season.

Jason Williams and his staff certainly have this team ticking over nicely. Apparently a couple of them were at the Dogs with him when he coached the 2009 SG Ball side to a Premeirship. I realise its too early to talk about it, but hopefully they can repeat this year!

Yeah James Tedesco and David Nofoaluma are brilliant prospects in the Wests backline.
Both are terrific to watch and manage to find the line with unerring regularity.

Im only hearing great things about this kid, have not had the pleasure of seeing him play yet, Is he NYC ready at the end of SG Ball
I might have to get to Ball game, are they at Concord this weekend??

I play for Norths SG Ball and we played Wests a couple of weeks ago. I thought Tedesco the fullback had a blinder. Didn't see much of his defensive work considering the hammering we got but everytime he ran the ball our forward pack couldnt put a hand on him. He zipped around until he found a hole and just went through it.

I

Latest posts

Back