James Tedesco playing with broken leg!

Bones

Saw this on twitter. Hats off to him, shows great commitment.

Just for the record this was the reply.

James Tedesco (@jamestedesco93) tweeted at 11:51 AM on Wed, Aug 14, 2013:mad:NothingButWT thankyou everyone. Wouldnt say its a season ending injury just one that's hung around for a long time now, very frustrating.

Lol wow some people are keen to jump on anything positive and put the fire out.

Good on Teddy. Lesser men would have sat out and let it mend. Top effort. 2014 is Jimmy's year.

@MacDougall said:
Lol wow some people are keen to jump on anything positive and put the fire out.

Good on Teddy. Lesser men would have sat out and let it mend. Top effort. 2014 is Jimmy's year.

Tell me about it Mac.

Good on James, setting a good example and showing a bit of ticker. Shame some of the more experienced players in the squad have failed to do so.

WOW! What a gun, other players wouldn't play if they had a turf toe and he is playing with a turf toe and broken leg. Amazing, glad to have him here.

Just imagine how good he'll be when he's fully fit! We've given him a lot of criticism over the year, but this explains a lot. This guy is straight out of the Nathan Friend school of toughness (played a whole game with a broken jaw).

This is the kind of good news fans have been waiting for. It gives us something to look forward to next year.

Maybe this may will silence some of the Tedesco doubters for a while now. He's clearly a talented player finding his way back from a serious injury and now also playing Hurt.
Great stuff Teddy.

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

Everytime he runs the ball on a kick return I hope for a clean line break from him to silence all the doubters, at least this will put an end to them.

Back in the 80's when I could still pull the boots on albeit I was a Reserve grader I remember the legendary Centre of my old club having a gripe about the newsworthy up and coming winger missing a game for some minor ailment and he was really pissed off.
Teddy's leg problem could possibly be up there in the high echelons of injuries suffered but in the greater cause elected to play on, crikey I'll miss work at any excuse but for a young bloke who 'could' have said 'stuff it our seasons over' to continue playing is a sign that perhaps we are on the road to far greater things, COMMITMENT, yes please.

Yeah but is playing with a "broken leg" the smartest thing to do? I doubt he would be playing if he really had a broken leg.

o so his broken leg lets him pick the ball up and run but it stops him from breaking the first line of defence .. gee its going to be a long long offseason if this is the posts we have to look forward to

@robbo1037 said:
Yeah but is playing with a "broken leg" the smartest thing to do? I doubt he would be playing if he really had a broken leg.

He said its a minor bone….non weight bearing.....there are some things like this where you can carry on almost normally

For example the wrist has 15 odd small bones, I fractured one in my left, and it wasnt diagnosed for several years later....it would ache before rain, that was as bad as it got,,,,but because Id left it so long it needed a bone graft

That said, if time off from playing would aid recovery then surely thats the smartest thing to do

Latest posts

Back