James Roberts

Roberts has been good all this season and will get better,I think he is still carrying an injury and we havent got anyone good enough to take his place,although I was wrapped in Garners game at centre the other week...On Gildart,he will improve its his 4th NRL game.... If Hastings plays last night we win,and thats not knocking Madden he did well...

Its amazing get him some ball and we can see more from 1 run than we do of any of our other centers in a season. Last 2 games have been a positive step. Still a heap of work to do but positives can be seen for sure.

My biggest concern with JTJ is after any work effort play he looks absolutely gassed. His work effort from our own end is also terrible. If he picks up the work effort / fitness I will be happy.

He is the only player in our side now that has broken the line by himself twice this year and they have both come from nothing plays. He looks to have his strength/speed/focus starting to form.

Confidence is a big thing in sport hopefully his is starting to come back because we need it.

Its amazing get him some ball and we can see more from 1 run than we do of any of our other centers in a season. Last 2 games have been a positive step. Still a heap of work to do but positives can be seen for sure.

My biggest concern with JTJ is after any work effort play he looks absolutely gassed. His work effort from our own end is also terrible. If he picks up the work effort / fitness I will be happy.

He is the only player in our side now that has broken the line by himself twice this year and they have both come from nothing plays. He looks to have his strength/speed/focus starting to form.

Confidence is a big thing in sport hopefully his is starting to come back because we need it.
I totally agree with your comments MT,I do think he gets gassed because he has been injured and is still carrying it,hopefully it will all work out better for him,he certainly gets a lot more praise from me than Joey ever deserved,Joey was a great talent wasted through laziness,JTJ has done more in 4 games this year than Joey done in all the time with us....

To'a and gildart have but I get your point. He was once a premium centre and in his last two outings has showed what he is capable of.
If several players were at their best we would be actually a very good side.

To'a and gildart have but I get your point. He was once a premium centre and in his last two outings has showed what he is capable of.
If several players were at their best we would be actually a very good side.

Gildart has been given line breaks and gets run down, 100% if JTJ was given the same space Gildart has we would be having a different story.

Gildart has been given line breaks and gets run down, 100% if JTJ was given the same space Gildart has we would be having a different story.
Very True.
I think I'm one of the only members who isn't upset, I'm looking way ahead 👍
Did you make a post in predictions for 2022?
Mine was, 'as long as we're competitive and don't throw the towel in and rebuild from there'
Well the first part we're getting right, now the rebuild.
If by half way through the year and the rebuild is going no where, then I'll be getting anxious.

Got to give credit when credit is due, JTJ really put in last night and looked the only threat to score, Gildart offers nothing, I have they give TOA a go.

Very True.
I think I'm one of the only members who isn't upset, I'm looking way ahead 👍
Did you make a post in predictions for 2022?
Mine was, 'as long as we're competitive and don't throw the towel in and rebuild from there'
Well the first part we're getting right, now the rebuild.
If by half way through the year and the rebuild is going no where, then I'll be getting anxious.

My view at the start of 2022 was

1) give the kids some free rope to play whats infront of them
2) defensive effort, numbers and straight line
3) we do the bombs only if we chase hard
4) very limited blow out scores, I want us to be close (not score late) in games.

My view at the start of 2022 was

1) give the kids some free rope to play whats infront of them
2) defensive effort, numbers and straight line
3) we do the bombs only if we chase hard
4) very limited blow out scores, I want us to be close (not score late) in games.
Yep, so that's 3 people on board with positivity, we're on a roll 🚂 full steam ahead 👍

Any chance of being medically retired?

Why would this matter ? We are paying him this season and he doesn't have a contract for next season. Plus we are under the cap.

Why would this matter ? We are paying him this season and he doesn't have a contract for next season. Plus we are under the cap.

Could be important if we need to free up a roster spot this year to sign a player.
But only if we needed to use the roster spot of course.

Could be important if we need to free up a roster spot this year to sign a player.
But only if we needed to use the roster spot of course.

I assume if we can get a mid season signing there will be some other way to balance the books as well.

It just sounds completely and utterly pointless.

Any chance of being medically retired?
Centre James Roberts had successful surgery late last month after ongoing back issues. There was talk the former NSW Blues speedster could be staring down the barrel of a medical retirement.

But the senior Tigers staff told News Corp Roberts is expected back onto the training paddock in the next month

Centre James Roberts had successful surgery late last month after ongoing back issues. There was talk the former NSW Blues speedster could be staring down the barrel of a medical retirement.

But the senior Tigers staff told News Corp Roberts is expected back onto the training paddock in the next month
Good news. He's only 29. He looks in good shape physically and was playing well despite managing a back injury. Has another 2-3 years in him at least, provided he can overcome his injuries.

Back