James Graham

Is this a suggested signing or have Wests Tigers been linked to Graham..?

I think Cleary would have him playing as a Prop not a half in a Props body…you can't undervalue what Graham would bring ..with the Dogs picking up a portion of the freight it's worth considering...

@ said:
Eastwood reportedly on 800k next year.

Go home Bulldogs. You're drunk.

Yep and they wonder why they can't shop him around effectively. They went nuts back ending contracts and now they're paying for it… Literally...

If you asked me 12 months ago, the answer would have been a resounding yes. But Graham this year is nowhere near the player he was. At his age, players don't tend to get better.

Now, I would only be prepared to take him if the Dogs are bearing a significant portion of his salary.

Graham doesn't excite me but if Cleary sees value good luck to him.

If we could fit them in I would prefer Woods and Klemmer

I was a big fan of Graham and would have loved him a year or two ago. I think the 'use by' date on his body has probably passed and he can't physically do what his mind says. Father Time doesn't discriminate so it's a (kinda sad) no from me.

@ said:
Graham HAS been good over the years,he is on the decline and we should look to others that maybe available…I don't think he will be our solution for his price...

I think he like many at the dogs have gone stale

I strongly disagree the best is beyond him

a change will revive the best in him

Look at Uate for example…

@ said:
@ said:
Graham is living on reputation he gets dominated every hit up. He is worn down played 389 games and 32 this year. Champion in his prime but dead set plodder these days. There is a reason the Dogs moved for Woods as Graham was going to be moved on this year or next.

Agree , a big no to Graham

I wouldn't take him either.

@ said:
Yes in a heartbeat

Have you seen much of him this year. ?
His form has dropped off at an alarming rate.
Makes a lot of noise these days, But not much substance.
Two years ago, yes.
But now, the Dogs would have to pay 3/4 on his contract to get any value.

@ said:
@ said:
Yes in a heartbeat

Have you seen much of him this year. ?
His form has dropped off at an alarming rate.
Makes a lot of noise these days, But not much substance.
Two years ago, yes.
But now, the Dogs would have to pay 3/4 on his contract to get any value.

Robbie Farah all over…
The price clubs pay for big money long contracts

@ said:
@ said:
Graham HAS been good over the years,he is on the decline and we should look to others that maybe available…I don't think he will be our solution for his price...

Yes but Uate hasn't been bashed around in the front row for nearly 400 games as Graham has. I think, at 32, he's on the slippery slope and his value has to reflect that.

As much as I think buying Graham is a "luke warm" idea and Eastwood a NO…. I don't believe a prop hits their used by date at 32.

Look at the sharks, Luke Lewis (34) Chris Heighington (34) and Paul Gallen (36).

at 32, Graham still has mileage in my view. Eastwood is only 30 but he hasn't set the world on fire for ages (but a good battering ram). I don't think Eastwood is the player we are looking for. However if Cleary says yes I think he will get something out of him.

I would personally prefer to stick with Tim Grant. The Dogs would really have to come to the party on this. Eastwood max 250K. Graham max 400K. Actually make that between 150 and 200 for Eastwood but he would beef up our forwards.

Did the Dogs really backend a contract for Eastwood for 800k !? That makes Aaron Woods 950K cheap.

@ said:
As much as I think buying Graham is a "luke warm" idea and Eastwood a NO…. I don't believe a prop hits their used by date at 32.

Look at the sharks, Luke Lewis (34) Chris Heighington (34) and Paul Gallen (36).

at 32, Graham still has mileage in my view. Eastwood is only 30 but he hasn't set the world on fire for ages (but a good battering ram).

I would personally prefer to stick with Tim Grant. The Dogs would really have to come to the party on this. Eastwood max 250K. Graham max 400K.

Same here. No to Eastwood. I can't see value there at virtually any price. Yes to Graham at a bargain basement price, but can't see it happening.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Yes but Uate hasn't been bashed around in the front row for nearly 400 games as Graham has. I think, at 32, he's on the slippery slope and his value has to reflect that.

Graham is not the same player he was 2 years ago. He used to monster people in defence. Not sure if it's due to the neck injury but he seems very limited in defence and attack. He will go to the knights who will need an experienced leader to bolster their forward pack. I don't think we need him here, not at his price tag anyway. My fanatic bulldogs mate reckons the dogs are happy to subsidise up to $400k of his contract, leaving $600k leftover.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Graham is not the same player he was 2 years ago. He used to monster people in defence. Not sure if it's due to the neck injury but he seems very limited in defence and attack. He will go to the knights who will need an experienced leader to bolster their forward pack. I don't think we need him here, not at his price tag anyway. My fanatic bulldogs mate reckons the dogs are happy to subsidise up to $400k of his contract, leaving $600k leftover.

Thats still overs. No thanls. Rather go for Paasi.

We need players on the up or at least at the top of their game as we have a handful of players who can play the experienced or mentor card. Graham,loved him at his peak and seems like a great bloke to have at your club, but he over the hill sadly

@ said:
@ said:
Graham is living on reputation he gets dominated every hit up. He is worn down played 389 games and 32 this year. Champion in his prime but dead set plodder these days. There is a reason the Dogs moved for Woods as Graham was going to be moved on this year or next.

And his support for Des has not gone down well with the fans - at 1mill next year ….they are ready to say thanks and see ya.

Dogs are not going to pay 600k for us to take him, that's for sure.

Graham's had a bit of a down year, but he's still got another year or two of quality to offer.

But with that said I'd still prioritise somehow luring either Jackson or Klemmer over. Both are probably worthwhile signings on the entirety of their deals, unlike players like Eastwood/Graham who the Dogs will almost certainly have to subsidise.

What about penrith and raiders? They have plenty of forwards and would be a little over the cap.

How many spots do we have left?

Back