Jackson Hastings - #251 Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brooks has a stack of skills, yet needs to get out of Halfback.

This is a very subjective argument but I do agree with it.

The problem is that he was played as a running 6 most if not all of last season.

Not sure how a strong pack is going to stop him kicking over the dead ball line.
It won’t. Every halfback in the NRL will kick it over the dead ball line and half of them on any given day will sing the victory song.

Okay, here is my complaint.
Hastings and Madden showed almost as much aptitude as Brooks in 2022. Both have left.
Brooks has failed again and again to organise and muster the team when needed.

Its not a flaw or weakness. I remember when Brooks and Moses were our "turnstyles" Brooks has really worked on this and his personal tackling ability has improved a lot.

His ability to organise the team, SUCKS. It has sucked from day 1, it still sucks and it is Luke Brooks!
This will NEVER ever ever change. Luke Brooks isn't a halfback, Robert Lui would tell Marshall and Farah what to do. Brooks will never tell anyone what to do.

As Mitchell Latrell looked at our team and said "They don't have a spine". Yes, more to the point we have so much disfunction it's due to Brooks. Brooks has a stack of skills, yet needs to get out of Halfback.
under cleary he was 2018 Dally M halfback of the year with an inferior forward pack to what he has in 2023.
Let's see how he goes in 2023 before saying he can't play halfback behind a pack that Sheens has built
Api
Klemmer
joffa
blore
papali
Bateman

A hell of a lot better forwards than 2022

Last edited:
under cleary he was 2018 halfback of the year with an inferior forward pack to what he has in 2023.
Let's see how he goes in 2023 before saying he can't play halfback behind a pack that Sheens has built
Api
Klemmer
joffa
blore
papali
Bateman

A hell of a lot better forwards than 2022
Just to be clear ... Brooks was not the 2018 halfback of the year.
He was the Dally M halfback of the year - two entirely different beasts affected by injury and team performance.
From 2018 I've chosen a few other halfbacks who played for their different teams... Nathan Cleary, DCE, Shaun Johnson, Jonathan Thurston, Mitch Moses, Adam Reynolds, Cooper Cronk, Chad Townsend, Mitchell Pearce and Ben Hunt.
For a bit of perspective amongst the poor performing teams that year ... Mitchell Pearce got only 3 less Dally M points than Brooks even though, due to injury, Pearce only played 15 games during the year compared to Brooks 24 games.
Still think he was even close to being the BEST halfback that year?

Just to be clear ... Brooks was not the 2018 halfback of the year.
He was the Dally M halfback of the year - two entirely different beasts affected by injury and team performance.
From 2018 I've chosen a few other halfbacks who played for their different teams... Nathan Cleary, DCE, Shaun Johnson, Jonathan Thurston, Mitch Moses, Adam Reynolds, Cooper Cronk, Chad Townsend, Mitchell Pearce and Ben Hunt.
For a bit of perspective amongst the poor performing teams that year ... Mitchell Pearce got only 3 less Dally M points than Brooks even though, due to injury, Pearce only played 15 games during the year compared to Brooks 24 games.
Still think he was even close to being the BEST halfback that year?
Just to be clear i know being a Brooks Basher it must pain you but He was still Dally M halfback of the year, what ever way you want to slice or dice it champ....

couldn't careless who you chose as halfbacks as comparisons the Dally M judges do not agree Brooks was 2018 Dally m halfback of the year

And kick it out on the full, and throw a bad pass…
But we only count the errors of one half in the NRL Around here.
Got the blinkers on there BB - Madden and Hastings weaknesses and failings were always pointed out usually by Brooks supporters and those who dont rate any of them. Brooks has been here nine seasons it stands to reason that fans have had plenty of time - and more losses than wins - to discuss and form an opinion on him. The other two were here for a hot minute and both are gone - with their weaknesses.

Hastings and Madden showed almost as much aptitude as Brooks in 2022. Both have left.

Its not a flaw or weakness. I remember when Brooks and Moses were our "turnstyles" Brooks has really worked on this and his personal tackling ability has improved a lot.

His ability to organise the team, SUCKS. It has sucked from day 1, it still sucks and it is Luke Brooks!
This will NEVER ever ever change. Luke Brooks isn't a halfback, Robert Lui would tell Marshall and Farah what to do. Brooks will never tell anyone what to do.

As Mitchell Latrell looked at our team and said "They don't have a spine". Yes, more to the point we have so much disfunction it's due to Brooks. Brooks has a stack of skills, yet needs to get out of Halfback.
This is a very reasonable complaint. Despite being pro Brooks I'm not oblivious to his faults. And his limited organising ability is certainly one. I wouldn't say he sucks but he is certainly in the bottom tier of halves.
I do believe with a smarter hooker, astute coaching and experienced quality forwards who both don't need to be told where to run and can create space for Brooks to utilise the skills he does have the team can overcome this issue.

Just to be clear i know being a Brooks Basher it must pain you but He was still Dally M halfback of the year, what ever way you want to slice or dice it champ....

couldn't careless who you chose as halfbacks as comparisons the Dally M judges do not agree Brooks was 2018 Dally m halfback of the year
You don't seem to get how the award is won.
If Pearce had stayed on the park he wins it easily.
At the time I was quite happy to see Brooks win it but was under no illusion he was the best halfback that year ... that was blindingly obvious.
Pretty much the same as Joey Leilua being announced centre of the year and Josh Jackson second rower of the year the same night.
Still ... it gives his personal support group at least one thing to hang their hats on I suppose.

You don't seem to get how the award is won.
If Pearce had stayed on the park he wins it easily.
At the time I was quite happy to see Brooks win it but was under no illusion he was the best halfback that year ... that was blindingly obvious.
Pretty much the same as Joey Leilua being announced centre of the year and Josh Jackson second rower of the year the same night.
Still ... it gives his personal support group at least one thing to hang their hats on I suppose.

Nicho Hynes won it this year didn’t he?
Yet out of the halfbacks taken for the WC he’s not one of them…
Are you taking his off him as well?

And kick it out on the full, and throw a bad pass…
But we only count the errors of one half in the NRL Around here.
Exactly. I hope he keeps making errors because that will mean he’s still putting himself in the game. One of the best halfbacks in the game in recent times was Jimmy Maloney. Never stopped having a crack, even after making errors.

Stopped reading when I saw "Mitchell Lattrell". Unfortunately it was near the end of the post.

Nicho Hynes won it this year didn’t he?
Yet out of the halfbacks taken for the WC he’s not one of them…
Are you taking his off him as well?
I’m not taking anything off anybody.
Neither were the the best halfbacks the year the year they won it … but by Dally M rules they got the gong.
PS Hynes is far superior to Brooks in any year you want to name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Back