JAC

@Elderslie_Tiger said in [JAC](/post/1261683) said:
QUESTION

How much is to much to pay for JAC

If he kills it at fullback 850-950.
If he ends back up on the wing 650
A winger might win you an extra 15% of games but generally are on the back foot if the forwards aren’t making ground.

@mike said in [JAC](/post/1261677) said:
JAC finished game two with an injured toe. Seen on crutches, surely a sign he’s signed with the Wests Tigers.

Does that mean he has lost his "toe" now

1st words that come out of Pascoe's mouth "Hang on JAC ..we just need to have a meeting with Angus Crichton .....well unless you want to sign this piece of paper and put this jersey on for a promo shot "

@happy_tiger said in [JAC](/post/1261688) said:
@mike said in [JAC](/post/1261677) said:
JAC finished game two with an injured toe. Seen on crutches, surely a sign he’s signed with the Wests Tigers.

Does that mean he has lost his "toe" now

That's going one step too far.

@tig_prmz said in [JAC](/post/1261646) said:
@happy_tiger said in [JAC](/post/1261626) said:
@tig_prmz said in [JAC](/post/1261617) said:
@Jedi_Tiger said in [JAC](/post/1261587) said:
@TonyTiger said in [JAC](/post/1261428) said:
@tig_prmz said in [JAC](/post/1261422) said:
I think what we can offer JAC if he wants it is a leadership role, more responsibilities and a challenge to make the team look better.

Going to Souths/Melb, he will continue to flourish as a great winger, if he wants more than that then he will have to come here

Let’s get serious, Nick Cotric’s deal at the Bulldogs is for 650k per season for Next 3 years - JAC makes him look pedestrian - we’ll need an extra wheelbarrow tomorrow.

spot on Cotric is 650k
Nofo 450k
we should offer JAC 700k or 750k he is so far ahead of both of them
in saying that if Cotric is on 650k then Nofo should be on more than 450k more like 550k or something question is do we as a club want to pay him that sort of money given make up of team if we do get JAC

JAC is definitely the best winger in the comp but spending 10% of your cap on a winger is suicide.

Definitely nowhere near that figure unless the cap got seriously cut

my bad, i thought the cap was still around $7.5m but forgot it went from 25 to 30 players.

Regardless, 750K for a winger is too much, no matter how good. He's still unproven as a fullback. We can match whatever the best offer he's received from elsewhere but as I mentioned previously, he should only come here if he wants to be held responsible for our performances, take on a leadership role and challenge himself further. At another place, he has the opportunity to be the best winger ever which I don't think he'll be able to achieve here.

After his performances in two SOO games this year, his commitment and calibre cannot be questioned. JAC delivers.

@balmain-boy said in [JAC](/post/1261656) said:
@Jedi_Tiger said in [JAC](/post/1261648) said:
some blokes on the Kennel reckon
Reimis Smith to Storm
JAC to Tigers
Nofo to Dogs

Stop reading the kennel. For your own health and wellbeing.

I know I was just curious lol

@TigerWest said in [JAC](/post/1261693) said:
QUESTION

Anything under $800k

Remembering we offered LM $1m

We got AD who was a bench player to play FB on around $630k (subsidised slightly). So getting a winger who is on say $350-$450k to play FB, who is 3 times faster than AD, better under the high ball and better defensively, mmm? I’d say we would pay $700k. Anyway, I’m guessing, regardless of any figures, the question is ..what do we need to do to get this over the line?

@twentyforty said in [JAC](/post/1261695) said:
QUESTION

Anything under $800k

We got AD who was a bench player to play FB on around $630k (subsidised slightly). So getting a winger who is on say $350-$450k to play FB, who is 3 times faster than AD, better under the high ball and better defensively, mmm? I’d say we would pay $700k. Anyway, I’m guessing, regardless of any figures, the question is ..what do we need to do to get this over the line?

Reports at the time indicated the Tigers were paying $1.8m for 4 years, so $450k per season.

@Earl said in [JAC](/post/1261627) said:
@tig_prmz said in [JAC](/post/1261617) said:
@Jedi_Tiger said in [JAC](/post/1261587) said:
@TonyTiger said in [JAC](/post/1261428) said:
@tig_prmz said in [JAC](/post/1261422) said:
I think what we can offer JAC if he wants it is a leadership role, more responsibilities and a challenge to make the team look better.

Going to Souths/Melb, he will continue to flourish as a great winger, if he wants more than that then he will have to come here

Let’s get serious, Nick Cotric’s deal at the Bulldogs is for 650k per season for Next 3 years - JAC makes him look pedestrian - we’ll need an extra wheelbarrow tomorrow.

spot on Cotric is 650k
Nofo 450k
we should offer JAC 700k or 750k he is so far ahead of both of them
in saying that if Cotric is on 650k then Nofo should be on more than 450k more like 550k or something question is do we as a club want to pay him that sort of money given make up of team if we do get JAC

JAC is definitely the best winger in the comp but spending 10% of your cap on a winger is suicide.

Tupou is also a pretty good winger. I'd love to get JAC but you are correct that we would have to try him at fullback and we need him to make it.

Honestly for our team JAC is an ideal signing. I think Latrell may have been even better but JAC would be a really good signing for us mainly due to the fact that we lack pace.

I actually think JAC is better than Mitchell, more consistent at least. Always full of energy, not prone to bouts of laziness and his defence has improved out of sight. Also, as you mentioned, his speed alone would be the solution to an area we’ve been lacking in for way too long now.

@avocadoontoast said in [JAC](/post/1261698) said:
QUESTION

Anything under $800k

Reports at the time indicated the Tigers were paying $1.8m for 4 years, so $450k per season.

I think you’re right. That makes him on $600k until 23.

@twentyforty said in [JAC](/post/1261700) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [JAC](/post/1261698) said:
QUESTION

Anything under $800k

I think you’re right. That makes him on $600k until 23.

I don't think the $450k would get the deal accross the line I think something north of $600 k would set the Fox amongst the pigeons

Zero Tackle

New South Wales winger Josh Addo-Carr is set to have scans on an injured toe as he faces a race against the clock to be fit in time for next Wednesday’s decider in Brisbane.

The Melbourne star will have scans on his toe on Thursday and has been seen using crutches at the Blues’ recovery session.

Josh Addo-Carr descision delayed due to toe injury
Addo-Carr sent for scans on injured toe today
Contract signing delayed until results are in as Tigers don't want another packer situation on their hands
Just like Russell Packer, Tigers are now getting "COLD FEET SYNDROME"

@Cairnstigers said in [JAC](/post/1261714) said:
Josh Addo-Carr descision delayed due to toe injury
Addo-Carr sent for scans on injured toe today
Contract signing delayed until results are in as Tigers don't want another packer situation on their hands
Just like Russell Packer, Tigers are now getting "COLD FEET SYNDROME"

Where’s this from? NRL physio reported it was just bruising

Back